Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Show me where they gave the community a choice between Classic and Prime then. Go on. I'll wait. Because all I remember is them throwing out the "hard mode" server idea and then suddenly this.
    Making Classic wasn't worth it, that's the key. Not whether people want classic or this. Classic isn't happening, was never going to happen. The question isn't Prime or Classic. It's "Prime" or nothing.

You can argue whether the current Prime iteration is the best choice of the other progress-oriented server options - you know, the other options that aren't Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Because they want to actually work on it and deliver a polished product? I'd happily wait for a product of higher quality than play a rushed one now that isn't even a proper version of the old game. Least I know I'm getting what I want if I just be patient.
    I'd happily wait too, but can Trion keep the doors open long enough for that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I'd happily wait too, but can Trion keep the doors open long enough for that to happen?
    With Trove carrying them a little they can with ease. Speaking of Trove I need to get on the PS4 at some point and finish levelling my Gunslinger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Making Classic wasn't worth it, that's the key. Not whether people want classic or this. Classic isn't happening, was never going to happen. The question isn't Prime or Classic. It's "Prime" or nothing.

You can argue whether the current Prime iteration is the best choice of the other progress-oriented server options - you know, the other options that aren't Classic.
    That doesn't answer my question. Stop avoiding it.

Show me where they asked the community which they wanted. Answer the question. All I remember is they threw one idea out and went with it rather than ask.

I don't want to know your assumptions on the matter.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 02:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't answer my question. Stop avoiding it.

Show me where they asked the community which they wanted.

I don't want to know your assumptions on the matter.
    I answered your question. You want me to show something that doesn't exist? Good luck with that.

They have been asking the community what kind of a progression server they'd like.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I answered your question. You want me to show something that doesn't exist? Good luck with that.

They have been asking the community what kind of a progression server they'd like.
    Thank you. You just answered it now. So I was right.

They didn't ask. So therefore we have no way of knowing which would be the more popular answer because Trion made an assumption based of presenting one option rather than both.

3. More an opinion. But if you say so.
    I gotta say Eleccy, no, saying they put zero effort in is not an opinion, but an untruth. They may not have put as much effort as you would have liked, but they did put effort. They have been re-balancing things. Set up the auto-mentoring for every zone. Individual loot for your actual level for auto mentoring in dungeons. These things don't happen with no effort.

Just like the people saying that this is the same thing as live with content locked, this is a piss poor argument. You can not recreate the exact same experience yourself on live because they put in some effort to make it a bit different. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

It could easily be your opinion that they did not put enough effort, but they clearly put some.

I gotta say Eleccy, no, saying they put zero effort in is not an opinion, but an untruth. They may not have put as much effort as you would have liked, but they did put effort. They have been re-balancing things. Set up the auto-mentoring for every zone. Individual loot for your actual level for auto mentoring in dungeons. These things don't happen with no effort.

Just like the people saying that this is the same thing as live with content locked, this is a piss poor argument. You can not recreate the exact same experience yourself on live because they put in some effort to make it a bit different. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

It could easily be your opinion that they did not put enough effort, but they clearly put some.
    Ok then I'll reword what I said out of fairness.

I don't believe they put much effort into this. It just reeks of "last minute cash grab".

My big issue from what you listed is that this gets balance yet Live hasn't seen anything big for nearly a year.

With Trove carrying them a little they can with ease. Speaking of Trove I need to get on the PS4 at some point and finish levelling my Gunslinger.
    Are you on the Board of Directors or something? You know how much money they are making and how much it takes to keep them afloat, what they pay out in salaries and other overhead? Please, share this information with us. Otherwise, you are talking out of your ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. You just answered it now. So I was right.

They didn't ask. So therefore we have no way of knowing which would be the more popular answer because Trion made an assumption based of presenting one option rather than both.
    Classic was never an option.

They asked what kind of progression server (literally they called it a challenge server) people want. People said they want classic. Trion said they can't do classic.

Then we got Prime. Which is a progression server that tries to mimic classic Rift as close as possible without blowing the project way out of proportion (which isn't financially feasible for them).

Are you on the Board of Directors or something? You know how much money they are making and how much it takes to keep them afloat, what they pay out in salaries and other overhead? Please, share this information with us. Otherwise, you are talking out of your ass.
    Trove has had 15 million lifetime players and is on multiple current gen platforms. It's safe to say it's probably making them the most money which in turn is keeping them afloat.

I imagine the store on that is very popular and considering it's expansion into console territories I imagine it gained itself a whole new income stream.

It's analysis. Not fact. I used Trove because it's their most successful game at this time. You asked a question and I based my answer off the most likely one. Their most successful game is probably giving them the most income to keep the company going.

How else would you like me to answer it? I never made any claim I knew their financial situation. Just that their most popular game is probably helping it which is admittedly speculation based off Troves success.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 02:32 PM.

Trove has had 15 million lifetime players. It's safe to say it's probably making them the most money which in turn is keeping them afloat.

I imagine the store on that is very popular and considering it's expansion into console territories I imagine it gained itself a whole new income stream.

It's analysis. Not fact. I used Trove because it's their most successful game at this time. You asked a question and I based my answer off the most likely one. Their most successful game is probably giving them the most income to keep the company going.
    Yeah, I count as one of those 15 million players. I checked the game out for 2 days, decided it was not my thing and uninstalled. How many lifetime players they had is not a good indication of how healthy a game is.

At least you admit it's your imagination. You like the game, so you imagine it as being successful. The exact same thing players of Rift are doing. You are doing the exact thing you are accusing others of at this point. Claiming one game is a success because you like it, while claiming another is a failure because you don't. It's ok if you don't like Rift, that's fine. Other people do. Until you have some cold hard facts of actual player numbers, which you don't because you are not on the Board of Directors, anything you say is a guess, not a fact. You state it like facts though. The truth is, neither of us knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you never thought someone could make Slipmat sound like the reasonable one.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Yeah, I count as one of those 15 million players. I checked the game out for 2 days, decided it was not my thing and uninstalled. How many lifetime players they had is not a good indication of how healthy a game is.

At least you admit it's your imagination. You like the game, so you imagine it as being successful. The exact same thing players of Rift are doing. You are doing the exact thing you are accusing others of at this point. Claiming one game is a success because you like it, while claiming another is a failure because you don't. It's ok if you don't like Rift, that's fine. Other people do. Until you have some cold hard facts of actual player numbers, which you don't because you are not on the Board of Directors, anything you say is a guess, not a fact. You state it like facts though. The truth is, neither of us knows.
    I based my speculation from analysis of an extremely popular game that again has multiple platforms which should be netting it some decent income. It has nothing to do with whether I like Trove or dislike Rift. And yes I will happily admit it's speculation. I never once ever tried to pass it off as fact.

I never said Rift wasn't still profitable at all. I imagine the lootboxes are making it quite a bit of money actually. I dislike Rift based on it's own issues.

I just meant that I imagine Trove out of the two is the one keeping the company afloat most. Not that Rift isn't.

And come on Lathais. You know perfectly well that is my opinion. I shouldn't have to say it's so every time. Don't do that please.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say prbly not, but I thought those doors would of closed years ago.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know perfectly well that is my opinion. I shouldn't have to say it's so every time. Don't do that please.
    But you do have to say it every time. That's how this thing works. If that feels like too much of a work, maybe you have too much opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I would say prbly not, but I thought those doors would of closed years ago.
    If they had branched out into more games for sure. They just got lucky with one that they branched out into.

I based my speculation from analysis of an extremely popular game that again has multiple platforms which should be netting it some decent income. It has nothing to do with whether I like Trove or dislike Rift. And yes I will happily admit it's speculation. I never once ever tried to pass it off as fact.

I never said Rift wasn't still profitable at all. I imagine the lootboxes are making it quite a bit of money actually. I dislike Rift based on it's own issues.

I just meant that I imagine Trove out of the two is the one keeping the company afloat most. Not that Rift isn't.

And come on Lathais. You know perfectly well that is my opinion. I shouldn't have to say it's so every time. Don't do that please.
    So this doesn't sound like a fact to you? Someone coming in here who doesn't know you at all would know this is an opinion?

With Trove carrying them a little they can with ease.
    That sounds like a statement of fact to me. There is nothing in that statement that would make anyone believe that is an opinion.

The truth is, you are speculating that Trove is carrying them. For all we know it could be the other way around. Trove is the little fun side project, Rift is keeping it afloat. We just don't know.

So this doesn't sound like a fact to you? Someone coming in here who doesn't know you at all would know this is an opinion?

That sounds like a statement of fact to me. There is nothing in that statement that would make anyone believe that is an opinion.

The truth is, you are speculating that Trove is carrying them. For all we know it could be the other way around. Trove is the little fun side project, Rift is keeping it afloat. We just don't know.
    Which I just said is speculation. But I base that speculation on multiple factors.

Rift probably is still profitable because it has lootboxes and well we all know how people leap at those in any game.

If they had branched out into more games for sure. They just got lucky with one that they branched out into.
    again, do you have any proof of this statement? You state it like a fact yet again, so where's the proof?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should of stuck with just Rift, They were strong with just 1 game. but decided to waste money on other projects which bombed hard.

End of Nations being a big one.