Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lololol i hope not..
    Eh. A fresh 110 won't be able o take on a lvl 90 with the right trinkets+cloak next expansion in world PvP, due to just how squished the gear is (The main difference between a fresh 110 and a geared 90 will be talents more or less, due to how secondary stat scaling works. Primary stat difference will be small)

Low lvl PvP will also be all-kinds of fucked up with the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    He is able to solo the area because there is a difference between attacking and defending.

Leave it be, do it some other day and at a time that isn't in the middle of the night on a weekday.
    and that difference is stupid, and should be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Outdoor PvP content always ages poorly. After the associated expansion wraps up, they should change it so that the actual fight has little consequence, rewards/zones/quests are just available to each faction in turn, or simultaneously wherever possible.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    use lfg and get more people, its not rocket science
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Also what you need to think about: You want to do a group based activity that is set in a groul based game. His level does not matter if the mechanics are meant to be done by a group.
    except they allready had tol barad, and if attackers had the benefit, you would be able to bounce it back and forth, meaning every hour you would get tol barad for an hour.
    but with this defender system you can go a whole day with only one faction having it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    use lfg and get more people, its not rocket science
    trying, have had my group up for an hour now, 1 person joined and it was a realm hopper, tol barad has begun, 13 minutes left.

It is horrid game design to make it so in a 1v1, one of the sides literally has NO CHANCE to win, well the other is GUARANTEED to win.
    in 1v1 Attacker ALLWAYS loses, and defender ALLWAYS wins, that is pathetic.
    level 1 defender, level 10000000000000 attacker, defender still wins.
    and NO MATTER HOW HARD the attacker tries, they cannot win.
    Yeah, and that's perfectly fine because it's group PVP objective based gameplay. End of discussion.

and that difference is stupid, and should be fixed.
    At this point I'm guessing you're bored in the middle of the night so you came here to troll.

Attacking a castle and defending a castle is not the same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm guessing you're bored in the middle of the night so you came here to troll.

Attacking a castle and defending a castle is not the same thing.
    except this is a fucking video game...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, and that's perfectly fine because it's group PVP objective based gameplay. End of discussion.
    that is stupid, and is just utter trash.
    old world content should be easier.
    it should not literally force players out and say "lol a level 1 charecter is here? go fuck yourself level 190 player"

except this is a fucking video game...
    Just another great reason why you shouldn't care this much. It's pixels on a screen, get over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    It's designed to be a group activity. So.. like, get a group..
    ok, so how is it fair that i, the attacker requires a group to win, but the mage the defender can win solo? how is that at all fair?

Deleted
    Why does his level make a difference? If it was a lvl 110 mage there doing the same and refusing to pvp with you, would it be more fair?
    Is he in Tol barad 24/7
    Do you not have any friends/guildies/anyone you could ask for help
    Do you absolutely need to do Tol barad during night when as you said theres nobody on?

7+ Year Old Account
    Just another great reason why you shouldn't care this much. It's pixels on a screen, get over it.
    ok /ignored.
    i feel like your the kinda person who says "its just a game" when you cause a raid to waste an hour wiping.
    "it is just a game" no it is not, it is wasted time of a persons life.

so aggain
    aggro
    explain to me
    how it is fair that the mage gets to solo the battleground
    that THEY get the reward for "doing well in pvp" (when they did not)
    but when i want to solo the battleground but cant that is fair?

how is it fair that the defenders get rewarded for nothing, well the attackers CANNOT get a reward?
    Why does it have to be fair?
    Or lets turn it around - Explain to me how it would be fair to let the attackers have the same chance as defenders? With the same amount and quality of deffenders and attackers, even a poorly designed fort should give the advantage to the defending side in most cases.

Funny thing though. If you actually do get a group for the attack then you actually do have a better chance than the defenders in this case. Maybe Blizzard should fix that and make defedning a bit more rewarding, eh?

FelPlague, you have a legitimate point. You should have a chance of winning that BG 1v1 if you're better. And given the design of the game, being able to kill him on sight should count as better. The fact that you still can't win despite overpowering him is a degenerate situation and would not be acceptable if this was new content.

Anyone who denies this is, at best, not comprehending some very straightforward concepts. At worst - and this is almost certainly the case - the other commenters here are mostly just malicious people who hang out here to troll you.

People who comment the most on forums are generally those who treat it as another type of PvP in which they win by making you frustrated. The actual topic you are trying to discuss is beside the point.

My advice to you, though, is that Blizzard won't change Tol Barad because they have practically no history of going back and revisiting this type of content, except to remove it. PvP in older content has always been a place where degenerate gameplay is tolerated for long periods of time. It's up to you whether this a plague, or a boon. For the mage you've been battling, it is a boon. He gets to frustrate you and win because his expectations are aligned with the reality, and yours are not.

In my personal opinion, XP-on twinking was enjoyable degenerate gameplay. The option to engage in this gameplay was lost after the WoD stat squish and PvP templates. Now, there's hardly any longer a reason to do leveling BGs. So, it's not clear that degenerate gameplay is entirely undesirable, as frustrating as it is.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2018-03-09 at 09:23 AM.

Tol Barad was horrid when it was current, and it will forever remain just another piece of Cataclysm literally nobody will miss. If the point of this thread is to reaffirm that Tol Barad was a badly designed mess -- I agree, it is. But as others pointed out, it's doable with just a few people since you're literally up against 1 other person at a time.

If you think that's bad, how do you think I feel with my 386 / 500 orcs killed in Ashran? So close, yet so far; And I'll literally -never- complete it =/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    Why does his level make a difference? If it was a lvl 110 mage there doing the same and refusing to pvp with you, would it be more fair?
    Is he in Tol barad 24/7
    Do you not have any friends/guildies/anyone you could ask for help
    Do you absolutely need to do Tol barad during night when as you said theres nobody on?
    because why is it fair that the defender gets to solo the place, but the attacker cant?

also because i want to do my dailies to work towards the rep rewards that will take months of this, and i only have a few hours tonight to do so.

ok /ignored.
    i feel like your the kinda person who says "its just a game" when you cause a raid to waste an hour wiping.
    "it is just a game" no it is not, it is wasted time of a persons life.
    It is just a game though. Wiping on a raid boss is part of the game as well.

also because i want to do my dailies to work towards the rep rewards that will take months of this, and i only have a few hours tonight to do so.
    You can still do dailies, just not as many dailies. I'm glad the mage won though, he deserves the extra dailies way more than you do.

Deleted
    Ok again how do i "Git Gud" ?
    Please, you seem to be all about "You are bad, get good, beat the mage" tell me how i can beat him.
    Kill him, cc him, optimise your talents for winning, actually learning how to win instead of expecting the fact that you're max level and he is not will carry you to a win in a capture the objective mode, accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around you and just because you want something NOW doesn't mean you will get it now. You have to spend 1 more day doing your daily because you couldn't beat a level 86 mage big deal get over it and either practice ways to win it or do it later. Honestly the self entitlement and rage you display here is absolutely great to read and you seem furious that this mage had the audacity to try and win simply because you outlevel him.

Would be hilarious to watch your rage at AV rep farming as horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    FelPlague, you have a legitimate point. You should have a chance of winning that BG 1v1 if you're better. And given the design of the game, being able to kill him on sight should count as better. The fact that you still can't win despite overpowering him is a degenerate situation and would not be acceptable if this was new content.

Anyone who denies this is, at best, not comprehending some very straightforward concepts. At worst - and this is almost certainly the case - the other commenters here are mostly just malicious people who hang out here to troll you.

People who comment the most on forums are generally those who treat it as another type of PvP in which they win by making you frustrated. The actual topic you are trying to discuss is beside the point.

My advice to you, though, is that Blizzard won't change Tol Barad because they have practically no history of going back and revisiting this type of content, except to remove it. PvP in older content has always been a place where degenerate gameplay is tolerated for long periods of time. It's up to you whether this a plague, or a boon. For the mage you've been battling, it is a boon. He gets to frustrate you and win because his expectations are aligned with the reality, and yours are not.

In my personal opinion, XP-on twinking was enjoyable degenerate gameplay. The option to engage in this gameplay was lost after the WoD stat squish and PvP templates. Now, there's hardly any longer a reason to do leveling BGs.
    Thank you, abit of what i needed right now, super tired, super frustrating, need to go to sleep soon and get up for my job later, gotta save up money for when the GF comes to visit for july <3.
    But yeah i do hope they change it, as they have in raids, making old raids soloable like galakras (required 2 people in cannons, now only one)
    and being able to skip green dragon in icc

sadly there is another person here and NO ONE has joined my group.
    so im gunna prob just skip sleeping tonight.