Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Playing again and im fucking hooked 8(. Side note. Noticing that bows dont have a damage range/dps listed on them. This something new? Do they act as stat sticks now?
    Yup, so you don't have to get different sets for your ranged and melee builds. Same gear will work for both easier now. The DPS comes from your melee weapons like everyone else and ranged is just a display/stat stick. Not my favorite change in the world, but not really terrible either.

15+ Year Old Account
    The xp gain was increased quite a bit today. Something like 40% monster xp, 30% quest xp. Or maybe it's 40% everything. Anyway, it's a lot better now and you shouldn't become underleveled at any point if you only do questing and an occasional rift or dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The xp gain was increased quite a bit today. Something like 40% monster xp, 30% quest xp. Or maybe it's 40% everything. Anyway, it's a lot better now and you shouldn't become underleveled at any point if you only do questing and an occasional rift or dungeon.
    Wow. It's that significant of a boost this early? I could see it getting there slowly, or after T1 or T2 Raids were released, but wow. That was fast. Will have to see how much longer content other than quests stay populated to form an opinion on this though. My initial reaction is that it may be a bit much though.

It's really a shame the server will end after a year and then you're forced to xfer to their p2w trashcan servers. Really want to play it again, but not for a limited duration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Wow. It's that significant of a boost this early? I could see it getting there slowly, or after T1 or T2 Raids were released, but wow. That was fast. Will have to see how much longer content other than quests stay populated to form an opinion on this though. My initial reaction is that it may be a bit much though.
    Too much? I think it's just fine.
    If you compare vanilla rift and prime, in prime you need 50% more exp to reach lvl 50. As they buffed the xp now with like 30-40%, you still need 10-20% more xp to reach 50 than in vanilla. It's not excessive, the leveling is still quite slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    It's really a shame the server will end after a year and then you're forced to xfer to their p2w trashcan servers. Really want to play it again, but not for a limited duration.
    The server shutting down isn't set in stone. That's their initial plan, but if people don't want it and the population stays healthy....it probably won't happen.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

And that's fine.

Trion listened to the feedback on XP. Which is good.

Also notes say all sources so I imagine it includes other stuff like Rifts/Dungeons which again is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might actually try this. I always liked Rift at launch, and i think the first expansion. But it just went downhill and backwards after that.

To play, do I just install the normal game from Steam?

Too much? I think it's just fine.
    If you compare vanilla rift and prime, in prime you need 50% more exp to reach lvl 50. As they buffed the xp now with like 30-40%, you still need 10-20% more xp to reach 50 than in vanilla. It's not excessive, the leveling is still quite slow.
    Yeah. People are already 50 in one week. The XP was already too much. Then they boosted it? By 40%? 40% is pretty huge. Especially when there are people at max level in under a week. That's lame.

You need 50% more, but they've also adjusted the xp in the game a few times prior to this, so it's not really a fair comparison now is it?

It's not excessive? It's quite slow? People are hitting 50 in under a week. That's "slow" to you? What is fast? You think people should be max level in 3 days? 1 day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And that's fine.

Trion listened to the feedback on XP. Which is good.

Also notes say all sources so I imagine it includes other stuff like Rifts/Dungeons which again is fine.
    They listened to the vocal minority. We'll see how well that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I might actually try this. I always liked Rift at launch, and i think the first expansion. But it just went downhill and backwards after that.

To play, do I just install the normal game from Steam?
    It's not Rift as is at launch per se.

It's more current game tuned down around that time period or rebalanced. Things like current soul trees and whatnot.

But overall it's ok for what it is. Nothing spectacular but decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Rift as is at launch per se.

It's more current game tuned down around that time period or rebalanced. Things like current soul trees and whatnot.

But overall it's ok for what it is. Nothing spectacular but decent.
    Do I still install the game as I normally would?

I didn't like the new zones they created with expansions, so as long as the game plays good, I am actually happy to revisit the older areas, dungeons, and if I enjoy it, raids. Not played the game for a long time though, so have no idea about current classes.

What about faction? Is there one best faction to play? Or better? Can't remember. Pretty sure I played the good guys before (although probably not really any good or bad).

I didn't like the new zones they created with expansions, so as long as the game plays good, I am actually happy to revisit the older areas, dungeons, and if I enjoy it, raids. Not played the game for a long time though, so have no idea about current classes.

What about faction? Is there one best faction to play? Or better? Can't remember. Pretty sure I played the good guys before (although probably not really any good or bad).
    Separate client, subscription based, any faction is fine since the barriers are removed on this server like live and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Separate client, subscription based, any faction is fine since the barriers are removed on this server like live and so on.
    Oh, I need to pay...

Oh, I need to pay...
    Yes. £9.99 a month for Patron.

Basically this sub gets you access to a server that doesn't have the P2W nonsense on.

However downside is the server has it's own separate form of credits.

Yes, it uses the same client and is updated at the same time. When you install live, you also install Prime as it uses the same client.

You do need to purchase Patron in order to be able to play on the Prime servers, but get none of the Patron Perks on Prime. You can also buy the Primogenator Pack for $30, which is the same price of 2 months Patron and that gives you 30-days of Patron and 2-15 Day Patron Passes you can use or give away, plus a mount and a couple other goodies. If you are planning on giving it a shot, I think it's a great deal as you get 2 months of Patron and extras instead of just 2 months of Patron, for the same cost.

Faction is really just theme at this point. It will affect your story quests and that's about it. You can join a guild with, group with and chat with members of the opposing faction. In Warfronts, you can join with the mercenary option, which is on by default, and be placed on either team. So Faction really just means theme at this point, and once the expansions hit, even the quests are the same I think.

If you played Guardians before, I would play Defiant, just to see the other side of the coin.

- - - Updated - - -

Not separate client. Same Client, different Server.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. £9.99 a month for Patron.

Basically this sub gets you access to a server that doesn't have the P2W nonsense on.

However downside is the server has it's own separate form of credits.
    $14.99 in the US. I thought it was 14.99 in EU too though I could be wrong.

Yeah. People are already 50 in one week. The XP was already too much. Then they boosted it? By 40%? 40% is pretty huge. Especially when there are people at max level in under a week. That's lame.

You need 50% more, but they've also adjusted the xp in the game a few times prior to this, so it's not really a fair comparison now is it?

It's not excessive? It's quite slow? People are hitting 50 in under a week. That's "slow" to you? What is fast? You think people should be max level in 3 days? 1 day?

- - - Updated - - -

40%? you even playing the game? 1) they destroyed rift/foothold/invasion exp. 2) quest exp increased by 20% 3) random mob farming by 30%

Why even compare the average player to those who hit 50. They did it by instance trash farming for 10hours + a day. Yeah lets balance quest exp around that.

- - - Updated - - -

Back at launch, you did not have to grind rifts or dungeons to level effectively. You could quest and never run out of quests in your area if you did the occasional rift/dungeon. That is how it should be. Grinding rifts/dungeons is stupid. I like the xp boost because I like to quest constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    40%? you even playing the game? 1) they destroyed rift/foothold/invasion exp. 2) quest exp increased by 20% 3) random mob farming by 30%

Why even compare the average player to those who hit 50. They did it by instance trash farming for 10hours + a day. Yeah lets balance quest exp around that.
    Yeah, though didn't get much of a chance to play last night. If you follow the thread though, I got that number from the guy I replied to a few posts before that. He said 40% not me.

Average player or not, even the most hardcore, it should not be possible in under a week IMO. 2 weeks for the hardcore guys like that? Sure. Month or so for the more average guy, perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Back at launch, you did not have to grind rifts or dungeons to level effectively. You could quest and never run out of quests in your area if you did the occasional rift/dungeon. That is how it should be. Grinding rifts/dungeons is stupid. I like the xp boost because I like to quest constantly.
    1) This isn't "back at launch"
    2) Yeah, at launch you would never tun out of quests. This is not launch.
    3) I personally disagree that's how it should be.
    4) Grinding Rifts/Dungeons is stupid? Really? I mean the name of the game is Rift, so I expect grinding Rifts to be a major part of the game and I LOVE grinding Dungeons. One of the main reasons I play MMOs is to do GROUP content, not grind quests by myself. If I wanted to grind quests by myself there are a myriad of single player games I could play.

My main worry with people being able to quest all the way without side activities is what happens to those side activities? They just sit there, mostly unused. For someone like me who likes doing them, there is now a smaller pool of people trying to do them, so que times are much much longer. Last night I had time for one dungeon, que was almost an hour I think? I dunno, I had forgot i queued and was in the other room when I heard the sound. The couple days prior to that I insta-queued.

Yeah, I do understand that what I am saying is that I like that they were forcing you to do the content I enjoy rather than me being forced to do the content you enjoy. That's what's gonna happen though, as queue times increase because the "side" activities are not required. However, those "side" activities are the GROUP activities in an MMORPG. That M stands for Multi-player in case you were unaware. Why should I be able to solo to the end game in a Multi-player game? It's silly to me.

Yeah, though didn't get much of a chance to play last night. If you follow the thread though, I got that number from the guy I replied to a few posts before that. He said 40% not me.

Average player or not, even the most hardcore, it should not be possible in under a week IMO. 2 weeks for the hardcore guys like that? Sure. Month or so for the more average guy, perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

1) This isn't "back at launch"
    2) Yeah, at launch you would never tun out of quests. This is not launch.
    3) I personally disagree that's how it should be.
    4) Grinding Rifts/Dungeons is stupid? Really? I mean the name of the game is Rift, so I expect grinding Rifts to be a major part of the game and I LOVE grinding Dungeons. One of the main reasons I play MMOs is to do GROUP content, not grind quests by myself. If I wanted to grind quests by myself there are a myriad of single player games I could play.

My main worry with people being able to quest all the way without side activities is what happens to those side activities? They just sit there, mostly unused. For someone like me who likes doing them, there is now a smaller pool of people trying to do them, so que times are much much longer. Last night I had time for one dungeon, que was almost an hour I think? I dunno, I had forgot i queued and was in the other room when I heard the sound. The couple days prior to that I insta-queued.

Yeah, I do understand that what I am saying is that I like that they were forcing you to do the content I enjoy rather than me being forced to do the content you enjoy. That's what's gonna happen though, as queue times increase because the "side" activities are not required. However, those "side" activities are the GROUP activities in an MMORPG. That M stands for Multi-player in case you were unaware. Why should I be able to solo to the end game in a Multi-player game? It's silly to me.
    So the poster said he thinks its between 30-40% and you picked the top end of it. Just so you know, the way people reached max level wasn't buffed. Instance trash farming is exactly the same, and invasion wave farming was nerfed. So when you complain about quest experience, it has nothing to do with how people are level 50 already.

And whats with calling warfronts and dungeons "side activites" that is literally all their is to do at endgame. Especially in a game that is promoting "mentoring" you would think people wouldn't have a problem with outleveling some quests.

Also for dungeons, maybe they shouldn't leave overtuned bosses that can 2 shot tanks. It literally has just turned into trash farming FC and above.

Just looking at my guild the average level is still between 18-22. Majority of people who stopped are between 15-18. Seeing how they had to add 14!!! carnage quests for guardians there is a clear problem. Also before the hotfix, you were saved in normal from 1 clear. Sure you have IRC but still being saved in normal, mind boggling.
    Last edited by supersnap; 2018-03-15 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    So the poster said he thinks its between 30-40% and you picked the top end of it. Just so you know, the way people reached max level wasn't buffed. Instance trash farming is exactly the same, and invasion wave farming was nerfed. So when you complain about quest experience, it has nothing to do with how people are level 50 already.

And whats with calling warfronts and dungeons "side activites" that is literally all their is to do at endgame. Especially in a game that is promoting "mentoring" you would think people wouldn't have a problem with outleveling some quests.

Also for dungeons, maybe they shouldn't leave overtuned bosses that can 2 shot tanks. It literally has just turned into trash farming FC and above.

Just looking at my guild the average level is still between 18-22. Majority of people who stopped are between 15-18. Seeing how they had to add 14!!! carnage quests for guardians there is a clear problem. Also before the hotfix, you were saved in normal from 1 clear. Sure you have IRC but still being saved in normal, mind boggling.
    You didn't go back far enough apparantly:
    So yeah, I went with that. It seems excessive.

Yes, at end game that's the main game, but the lower level dungeons are not end game now are they? All these people saying they want to just quest through the zones and do nothing else are apparently considering them side activities, so that's what I called them with air quotes to show that's not what I think they are. I would think that too, except that tons and tons of people are complaining about having to them currently, what makes you think when they are entirely optional people will still be doing them. As I pointed out, my que time last night was INSANE compared to the previous week.

I have not seen any bosses overtuned lately. The one I have seen that 1-2 shots tanks is only doing that because people are not dispelling the tank. You know, properly do the mechanics and you won't get one shot. There are one shot mechanics that there are ways around, that;s the way it's always been as far as I can remember.

Before the hotfix I was never saved to normal after 1 clear. I ran the same dungeon back to back multiple times. Doesn't sound locked to me, as long as I had charges which I got from doing other activities aside from questing as well.

So how's everyone doing so far? bored of all the dungeon trash farming runs yet?