Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    You don't speak for me :]

You don't speak for the many people who reject your claims. The millions of dollars a year that get poured into forcing religion onto the rest of Australians would be much better used to support these people who had to flee their country.
    Every poll taken in the last 20 years demonstrably show that Australians overwhelmingly want tight border controls and they don't want illegal immigrants. Even the left wing parties acknowledge this. It's only the looney communists Greens that want them here, but they also want open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Every poll taken in the last 20 years demonstrably show that Australians overwhelmingly want tight border controls and they don't want illegal immigrants. Even the left wing parties acknowledge this. It's only the looney communists Greens that want them here, but they also want open borders.
    Except you're wrong and it only took 20 seconds of googling to prove it.
    http://www.tai.org.au/sites/defualt/...20Refugees.pdf

He's wrong a lot, tends to lie in every post. People like Dutton love him because he just eats up whatever supports his view.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    He's wrong a lot, tends to lie in every post. People like Dutton love him because he just eats up whatever supports his view.
    Anyone who has any faith in either major party in Australia is highly suspicious :/

Lemme just point back to the semantic debate regarding your distinction between 'refugee' and 'illegal immigrant'.
    I don't consider human lives to be a semantic debate, and I'm sorry that you don't fully understand the issues you are discussion - but I can't do anything about your lack of understanding.

Here is the TLDR version:

----> FACT: Australia's current policies are SAVING thousands of innocent lives each year <----

That's all you need to know.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Anyone who has any faith in either major party in Australia is highly suspicious :/
    Yep, and with all the minor parties focused on niche issues it it's more like picking the least worse than hoping some good will come of it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    So lives that speak your language and look like you are the ones worth saving over the ones that dont?
    English isn't my native language, or it isn't my first language. And not really, however I can see his point in that context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They cannot go "whereever they like except australia." If that was the case there wouldn't be an issue with New Zealand wanting to take them and the Australia government telling them they can't.

Also they can't "go back to where they came from" without being killed as that is why they left! It wasn't a case of they wanted to travel. They fled because to stay meant death.
    Yeah, you can cease the bullshit. If they had legitimate refugee claims they would have been processed years ago. They are illegal economic migrants, nothing more. They spent thousands of dollars to smugglers so they could get ferried passed about a dozen countries that could have offered them sanctuary. They wanted Australia because we have the most generous welfare system, nothing more.

1) "The Australian people" has also made it quite clear that we aren't happy with the current situation on Manus Island. It's deplorable.
    2) If we don't tolerate queue jumpers, why is Dutton wanting to bring in a group specifically to jump the queue?
    3) They come here looking for work, to support for their families, not for a free handout.
    3.1) You may not begin claiming that we don't want them here because "They'll take all the jobs!"
    All wrong, all nonsense. If we allow them in more boats will come, more people will drown at sea.

Interestingly, polls taken in western Sydney where a majority of migrants end up consistently show a vast majority don't want illegal migrants allowed in. Something like 70% of new migrants want the illegals to fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't consider human lives to be a semantic debate, and I'm sorry that you don't fully understand the issues you are discussion - but I can't do anything about your lack of understanding.

Here is the TLDR version:

----> FACT: Australia's current policies are SAVING thousands of innocent lives each year <----

That's all you need to know.
    You're going on a tangent from the point I originally made and making claims you think I disagree with.

I am well aware we have made some improvements, but here's another

----> FACT: Though Manus was finally closed, the situation on Nauru is appalling and trying to avoid holding the people responsible for this accountable only allows it to continue <----

There's more you should know, but I guess you're happy trying to deflect away from the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They cannot go "whereever they like except australia."
    They CANNOT enter Australia ... that's the life saving policy in place, they chose to fork out tens of thousands of dollars and pay a criminal for a dangerous voyage.
    Meanwhile refugees come into Australia have NOTHING to start with, no money to choose to pay crooks with - literally NOTHING.

So - when Australia chooses to SAVE rich illegal immigrants lives PLUS have a very high intake of REAL refugees, it just makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

----> FACT: Though Manus was finally closed, the situation on Nauru is appalling and trying to avoid holding the people responsible for this accountable only allows it to continue <----
    Yep - having people suffering in detention vs having hundreds of times as many dying in boats ... that was my exact point.

There are no easy answers here... the BEST available option is currently being used.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Could you take another 20 seconds and not use a poll from a biased left wing think tank?

Could you take another 20 seconds and not use a poll from a biased left wing think tank?
    LOL... shooting the messenger cause you don't like the message.

We tolerate a lot, but we will not tolerate queue jumpers and illegal economic migrants looking for welfare cheques.
    Oh man I remember these lines on talkback radio back in the Howard days, that strawman came back?

Think about it just a little, just a tiny bit...

'Hey I'm going to abandon my family, my job, my connections, my prospects, to travel halfway around the world to a place I know nothing about, on an overcrowded boat that in all likelihood could sink, when I've never been in open water before, I can't swim, and I have to give the owner of the boat a blowjob for the price of a ticket even after he took all of my money, in a country where I know nobody, where my skills and accreditations won't be transferrable, where I don't speak the language, where I don't know the culture or the way of life, so that I can get a 'welfare cheque' that doesn't cover the average national weekly cost of rent, let alone the cost of living! *evil foreign person laugh*'

Yep - having people suffering in detention vs having hundreds of times as many dying in boats ... that was my exact point.

There are no easy answers here... the BEST available option is currently being used.
    I disagree with this being the "BEST" option and that's more or less the root of this discussion.

The amount of resources that go to waste in this country could support these people in ways that aren't inherently appalling and I believe quite firmly that we should hold our government accountable for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "omg tens of white farmers are at risk!!! we need to save them! fuck those thousands of other people dying... i mean white farmers man!"
    Change the word 'white' to 'black' in your comment and you might see how racist you actually are.

"Every poll taken in the last 20 years demonstrably show that Australians overwhelmingly want tight border controls and they don't want illegal immigrants."

"But you're wrong and here is proof."

"I don't like your proof because it does not represent my biased opinion."

So sorry to hear that.

I disagree with this being the "BEST" option and that's more or less the root of this discussion.
    There is no disagree - this is a fact we are discussing.

A few hundred people who choose to be incarcerated is better than thousands of people dying.

- - - Updated - - -

"Every poll taken in the last 20 years demonstrably show that Australians overwhelmingly want tight border controls and they don't want illegal immigrants."
    And also welcome refugees openly.... Australians have a very very strong hatred of 'queue jumpers', especially when wealth is how you try to jump the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Oh man I remember these lines on talkback radio back in the Howard days, that strawman came back?

Think about it just a little, just a tiny bit...

'Hey I'm going to abandon my family, my job, my connections, my prospects, to travel halfway around the world to a place I know nothing about, on an overcrowded boat that in all likelihood could sink, when I've never been in open water before, I can't swim, and I have to give the owner of the boat a blowjob for the price of a ticket even after he took all of my money, in a country where I know nobody, where my skills and accreditations won't be transferrable, where I don't speak the language, where I don't know the culture or the way of life, so that I can get a 'welfare cheque' that doesn't cover the average national weekly cost of rent, let alone the cost of living! *evil foreign person laugh*'
    Please stop, my bleeding heart can only take so much.

Why should they get preferential treatment to other refugees, most of whom are in more desperate situations? Just because they have thousands of dollars to pay smugglers to get here illegally makes their claims more legitimate? Do we tell those stuck in refugee camps they are screwed because a guy with 5 thousand bucks took their place in the queue?

There is a right way and wrong way to enter Australia, they chose the wrong way.

There is no disagree - this is a fact we are discussing.

A few hundred people who choose to be incarcerated is better than thousands of people dying.
    I agree that a few hundred being incarcerated is better than thousands of people dying and I have never said the contrary.

However, I also think the hundreds of millions that have gone into private schools could better have been used to not leave those few hundred of people incarcerated, just as an example.

Yikes, do you honestly think he's trying to make the Libs go left?

Turnbull is a neoliberal through and through, but he had progressive social leanings. Keyword: HAD.

When he sold his soul to the puppeteers for becoming PM, he's been nothing but an Abbott clone with a fist wedged even further up his ass.
    Exactly the Libs have not been trying to make their party left they have been trying to take their party to China and any corporation that pays enough.