Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    his reason for doing something only matters based on? what he can make people believe or the truth?

its all on fucking video
    I think the "context matters" defense depends on if the accusers decide it does for personal biases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

This baffles me as a verdict. It's clearly not supporting nazis, he literally describes them as "the least cute thing he could think of".

This is the difference between being a subject and being a citizen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That's what's happening. Europe is starting to get saved from the racist shitweasels who have for years wrapped themselves in "don't be intolerant to my intolerance" and weaselling their way around the fringes of "free speech" without actually understanding what it is.

Fuck every one of them, and the people who cry crocodile tears over them.
    I understand exactly what this video is, and do not support his conviction for it. If this is illegal, then Monty Python, South Park, Danger 5 and Iron Skies should be banned.

Why are they acceptable, but this not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    free speech just isn't respected in the UK.

if you value free speech, move to the US. you'll have issues with healthcare, but at least you're not a prisoner in your own mind.
    Free speech in the US? You must be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    He says gas the jews 23 times. There's no excuse.
    Yea well I actually put one inside an oven.

Good times we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Those of you living in the UK should be contacting your local MP. Speak up now while you can, before you are silenced.

[MOD VIDEO SNIP] We are not turning this thread into a call to arms. That is against our rules. You can discuss things as you please, but call to arms videos, polls, website links and similar are NOT okay.
    Why? What would the UK be gaining by this? More nazis are not needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why? What would the UK be gaining by this? More nazis are not needed.
    A proper law defending freedom of expression

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Good. Racist belong in jail.
    Cool, so when do we start rounding up the anti-white racists?

this thread:

People conveniently ignoring the part where the guy says gas the Jews 23 times and/or saying "it's just a joke! Genocide is funny!" and making it all about the dog. ..And non-whites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    this thread:

People conveniently ignoring the part where the guy says gas the Jews 23 times and/or saying "it's just a joke! Genocide is funny!" and making it all about the dog. ..And non-whites.
    I haven't ignored that. Still do not believe it is or should be a prosecutable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    A proper law defending freedom of expression
    They have that.

He shouldn't have been an idiot then and done daft controversial stuff to try and become internet famous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They have that.
    We don't, really. We prosecute people for being "grossly offensive".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    He shouldn't have been an idiot then and done daft controversial stuff to try and become internet famous.
    Then society-at-large should decide their opinion of him, not the courts.

You sir are a drama queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't ignored that. Still do not believe it is or should be a prosecutable offense.
    saying that people shouldn't die isn't prosecutable?

Are you also for shouting fire in crowded theaters?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible to hold the view that this guy is a dead set wanker and to also defend the principle of free speech.

Free speech is not freedom from consequence of course, but those consequences should be ridicule, lampooning as a racist, boycotts, etc, whatever. Not jail time.

Or as Voltaire (is alleged) to have said: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

There's an excellent Hitchen's video that is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyoOfRog1EM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    saying that people shouldn't die isn't prosecutable?
    Not if its a group of people (rather than an individual) clearly said on a video for comedic purposes.

Are you also for shouting fire in crowded theaters?
    Not really, but unless someone made it their goal to run around in as many theaters as they could to shout "fire", I don't think it should carry a legal penalty. Just would involve you getting thrown out and blacklisted from the cinema/theater for causing a nuisance.

Totally incomparable.

We don't, really. We prosecute people for being "grossly offensive".
    Yeah, if you promote killing parts of your own population based on thier ethnicity or religion then you're crossing the line.

This is the slippery slope of hate speech laws. I feel as if comedians of any kind need to watch themselves if operating in the UK.

The joke was in very shitty taste IMO, but it was still a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Free speech in the US? You must be kidding.
    Don't think anyone was arrested here for shit jokes.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.