Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Can I do the "I was right, you were wrong" dance yet to the asses on the Discord?

"BETA IS BETA IT'S NOT OVER YET!" Yeah, keep telling yourselves that even when 8.0 is live

Sauce
    Man that is brutal that they think the "look and feel" of rotations is close to where they want them. I'd rather have back my spec from MoP/WoD at this rate.

Also, I tend to avoid the discord because there seems to be way too many Kool-Aid drinkers there and not enough critical thought in regards to feedback we provide on Balance. I mean I remember this shit happening prior to Legion's launch and look how many dead talents, lack of RNG, dead legendaries we have. Yet we were totally 'fine'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeeeee-up.

And before someone quotes

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    While it's certainly possible that feedback on how Azerite affects a certain spec could lead us to do further development on that spec's rotation
    remember what comes right after it:

we don't expect to need any big changes to talents that would justify the words "severe" or "overhaul".
    And given how little they did with druids to begin with, the shit is done in their eyes.

Man, to respec or not to respec?
    I mean I'm not going to change my spec, been doing it since Vanilla and I'll not change until I quit the game. But I'm really not looking forward to BfA with most of the same dead talents still sitting around staring us in the face. Taking away moon moon to make it have twice the cooldown on charges AND making it a talent also sucks out loud.

Two points of contention here:
    1. Not using Moonfire is a 6% loss to Lunar Strike, Starsurge, and Starfall damage (at least in Legion. CI should hopefully fuck right off in BfA)
    2. Why the hell wouldn't you be using ShS on an AoE fight? It should be assumed you have it.
    1. Yes, currently it is. However its your decision whether you go full out AoE or just Sunfire+starfall and continue to ST one of the targets. Obviously depends alot of what kind of trash pack / boss you're fighting.
    2. Again the question is on the fight. If its just full out AoE then you're obviously going to use Shooting Star. However if its ST with AoE phases then its a different question (you could roll with BotA and SotF, ok Single and Ok AoE).

It seems that we're going to keep the compartmentalization in our talent trees, which is sad but playable. Just gotta keep those changing talents on regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man that is brutal that they think the "look and feel" of rotations is close to where they want them. I'd rather have back my spec from MoP/WoD at this rate.

Also, I tend to avoid the discord because there seems to be way too many Kool-Aid drinkers there and not enough critical thought in regards to feedback we provide on Balance. I mean I remember this shit happening prior to Legion's launch and look how many dead talents, lack of RNG, dead legendaries we have. Yet we were totally 'fine'.
    Yeah pretty unbelievable. I'm still kinda in shock they left it this bad. I was already going to swap if they kept it at Legion's level but Balance is getting a SEVERE downgrade, so fuck this, gonna play a class I'll actually enjoy.

Mmhmm, the Discord's also getting extremely elitist. Say one opinion and they spam you with the pepekarp and other dumb meme-y emoji bullshit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah pretty unbelievable. I'm still kinda in shock they left it this bad. I was already going to swap if they kept it at Legion's level but Balance is getting a SEVERE downgrade, so fuck this, gonna play a class I'll actually enjoy.

Mmhmm, the Discord's also getting extremely elitist. Say one opinion and they spam you with the pepekarp and other dumb meme-y emoji bullshit.
    To be honest a number of specs/classes look really barebones (read boring) right now. I don't know how they think removing a ton of traits from the artifact weapon and replacing it with nothing is going to fly. I really don't see what the grand plan is because people already complained about removal of buttons and here we go again in some ways.

And on the discord note, prolly because some of the moonkins I've respected over the years don't post much or even play anymore. I don't care for meme-y crap either and so I have little to do with it.

Deleted
    Yeeeee-up.

While it's certainly possible that feedback on how Azerite affects a certain spec could lead us to do further development on that spec's rotation

we don't expect to need any big changes to talents that would justify the words "severe" or "overhaul".
    And given how little they did with druids to begin with, the shit is done in their eyes.

Nothing surprising, I was saying this from the beginning. They will maybe, just maybe, switch some talents around, if not we will be stuck with this constant changing of ST or AoE build for another year atleast. History shows they will just roll with whats currently on the table and will fix the rest maybe in 8.2/8.3.

Deleted
    Yeeeee-up.

I don't want to respec or change class, I've played balance druid since Vanilla. But based on the comments and gameplay videos, I'm not so sure that I will keep playing it.

I don't know why Blizzard have a feedback system at all. The balance druid changes came out like a week before the alpha was closed. So a limited amount of players in the alpha had like 7 days to leave feedback on the last minute changes we got. And now there will basically be no more changes? Nice job. It shows that they don't even care about feedback. I understand that they have design goals for a class and/or spec, but this is just too much..

New Moon spells are a talent now btw. Also the moon spells suck, and so does astral power. BC was the best expansion for Balance. Give me back insect swarm, humanoid caster form (w/o the stars bullcrap), and a fun rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    New Moon spells are a talent now btw. Also the moon spells suck, and so does astral power. BC was the best expansion for Balance. Give me back insect swarm, humanoid caster form (w/o the stars bullcrap), and a fun rotation.

Yeah, it will be fun to smash the wrath button over and over again in this expansion.

Yes, BC was definitely the best when you ran OoM and had to melee to get mana back... /sarcasm
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Boommoonkin View Post
    I don't know why Blizzard have a feedback system at all. The balance druid changes came out like a week before the alpha was closed. So a limited amount of players in the alpha had like 7 days to leave feedback on the last minute changes we got. And now there will basically be no more changes? Nice job. It shows that they don't even care about feedback. I understand that they have design goals for a class and/or spec, but this is just too much..
    The change from Alpha to Beta is just a name, its not like from one day to another their entire development processes suddenly change. If they still want to do changes, they will. This is independent of it being Alpha or Beta.

TBC best Balance expansion? You mean when Balance was just barely functioning as a spec?

I'll be back when they fix post quoting...

would it help if the 30 sec cd moon was always full moon instead of the cycling new, half, full to make moonkin not as extremely slow and boring?

Oh they added the Moon spells as a talent now? That's at least... something. Balance gameplay with them is still incredibly boring but without them... lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The change from Alpha to Beta is just a name, its not like from one day to another their entire development processes suddenly change. If they still want to do changes, they will. This is independent of it being Alpha or Beta.
    "Having said that, we're close to finished with the changes to the rotations and the look and feel for most specs. We’ve still got a few changes coming soon in the Beta to Unholy Death Knights, Frost Death Knights, and Protection Warriors.

We used the Alpha timeframe to make some surgical changes to several other specs, and we're somewhat finished with that stage of development for this expansion.

In the days and weeks to come in the Beta, we're going to keep a focus on how every spec plays with regard to the new itemization systems in Battle for Azeroth. While it's certainly possible that feedback on how Azerite affects a certain spec could lead us to do further development on that spec's rotation, we don't expect to need any big changes to talents that would justify the words "severe" or "overhaul"."

Oh really, okay then, thanks for clarifying this statament from a blue post for me. I so hope you are right though.

It's sad what they did to druids. It's not just balance, the other specs had also almost no change done.

To be honest I highly doubt that Azerite traits will fill the void of the artifact and legendaries...

It's the first time since vanilla that I'm thinking about demoting my druid from main to alt...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    It's the first time since vanilla that I'm thinking about demoting my druid from main to alt...
    To play what? There is barely a handful of specs that received more changes than Druid.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

BS. That moon spell was the thing that made me play boomkin in Legion. Without it whole spec is dead. ded. dedededededed.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

There were some number tweaks between Legion Beta and Legion Release for Balance but none of the talents were changed in a big way. So the best feedback we can give to the design team is going to be in the context of talents we're seeing. Shrom has a feedback thread on the BFA forums here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762207964

Remember that numbers will be balanced so that specs are relatively close to each other so focus should be on playstyle. My personal preference for talents is for to have a couple options be close enough to allow for people to pick how they want to play rather AoE/ST cookie cutter builds.

Current talent pain points are in:
    • Starlord - you will never not take this in a ST situation especially with the loss of of baseline Moon and return to turretkin.
    • Stellar Flare - was only ever used on 1 fight with a legendary that provided Soul of the Forest for free. It should proc Shooting Stars. It could be cool for council fights but AsP generation is too low to reliably keep up a 60 AsP starfall and multiple 10 AsP StFls on targets.
    • Soul of the Forest - this talent is mandatory for AoE. Lowering the base cost of Starfall by 10 would help greatly.
    • Incarnation - please make this talent less strong so we're not balanced around Incarnation windows. And to make SotF/StFl more attractive in comparison.
    • AsP Talents - I actually don't hate this row because it seems to give a choice between default AoE/ST talent and getting Moon back. I would ask that all numbers be bumped so we spend more time casting Starsurge/Starfall and less time casting unempowered SW.
    • Fury of Elune - should do increased damage to the primary target to let it compete with NB on ST fights without being stupid OP on burst AoE. Numbers would have to tune it to be stronger for AoE than 2 starfalls + DoTs (because if it weren't why would you take it?). Cooldown should be reduced as well.