Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Nobody expects the Draeneic Inquisition!! (Mag'har scenario spoilers)

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284240/m...-text-spoilers

Just some tidbits

"After Archimonde's fall, the orcs and draenei worked together to drive the Legion from Draenor. Those were good years."
    "But without demons to fight, the draenei became fixated upon their precious Light."
    "Their naaru masters compelled them to spread their influence among the orcs. A few converted willingly. Others had the Light forced upon them."
    "Some orcs even sided with the draenei against their kin... even the warchief's own son was lost! We call these traitors Lightbound."
    "I will not stand by while the High Exarch crusades against mag'har freedom! The tyranny of the Light must be ended!"

I mean, let's not delude ourselves. The orcs deserve everything they get, because all WoD showed us was that the orcs will go full-on genocide mode even without drinking demon blood.

Don't play the oppressed card here; you'll get no sympathy.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

And also, Durotan is dead.

Wherever he is, Garrosh is laughing his ass off.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-05-09 at 02:50 AM.

Part of me saw something like this coming with the Lightforged looking and sounding so much like "good" Eredar, but this seems like an incredibly forced way of bringing the AU orcs into the fold when Outland orcs would have worked just as well.

I think the point of this is to set up Light as the another possible force we will have to fight in the future (so it won't be light vs void but us vs both forces). X'era was first to show that naaru are overzealous and now this.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverforgerer View Post
    (so it won't be light vs void but us vs both forces).
    aww the good ol "age of mortals" theme again
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

So when is our MU Naaru start going down this path? I mean, people have been asking for the Alliance to be more... aggressive / villainous for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Part of me saw something like this coming with the Lightforged looking and sounding so much like "good" Eredar, but this seems like an incredibly forced way of bringing the AU orcs into the fold when Outland orcs would have worked just as well.
    I believe that, at least as of the time being, it'd be hard to apply this story to our universe. The Draenei, or even the Lightforged Army in our universe is a lot less zealous (or at least they have been appearing as such). If anything, 7.3 and Illidan's action would have driven them away from the path of being blindly followers of the Light. Velen clearly realized that the Light isn't be all and end all as he thought. It'd be rather out of character for MU Draenei (or the Lightforged) to suddenly decide to enslave the Orcs out of nowhere. At least, with AU, they had the excuses that it had been years (at least two years if we are going back into the past, or 30 if we are going to AU in the current time) since the last time we saw them - that was long enough for AU Draenor inhabitants to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Wherever he is, Garrosh is laughing his ass off.
    He's part of the Lightbound. AU Garrosh, that is (or presumably, as it was stated to be the Warchief's own son).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-09 at 02:58 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Yup, this doesn't surprise me one bit. Xe'ra gave me a really bad impression all the way back during that Light's Heart vision thing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    So when is our MU Naaru start going down this path? I mean, people have been asking for the Alliance to be more... aggressive / villainous for a while.

He's part of the Lightbound. AU Garrosh, that is (or presumably, as it was stated to be the Warchief's own son).
    Garrosh wasn't born in this universe cause Grommash's wife died. So either he took another wife and had a son with her, or Grommash stepped down and someone else is leading the mag'har.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I meant MU Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    I hope we save him and bring him back with us. Imagine AU Garrosh, the first orc paladin. The salt alone would make it all worth it.
    Garrosh Hellscream, Lightbound Paladin, General of the Alliance army.

That would be hysterical.

It's probable AU Grom's son will not be Garrosh just as AU Durotan's child was a daughter instead.

But yeah, making the Draenei suddenly go full Inquisition is just as bad as making the Horde murderous savages for the lulz. Tensions between Mag'har and Draenei would have been fine but what Blizzard did is just pass the villain ball to the other side.

Those orcs definitely deserve it, but this seems a little too crazy even for blizzard writing.

Since Draenei already have an allied race from 7.3 Argus, the WOD draenei are worthless to Blizzard so they might as well turn them into paper villains to "explain" why we'll never bother with them again.

Some characters are neglected in WOW lore, but Blizzard recently tried to remedy some of these, like devoting half the Legion to Illidan's story, BFA is also bringing back Jaina and Vol'jin's spirit, Gallywix is finally in the middle of action, but Yrel... that was a dead end character arc if I've ever seen one.

Next thing I'll see is Wrathion returning after 3 expansions of absence and piqued anticipation only to do something stupid and disappear forever.

I'm gonna guess that Yrel and the AU Draenei are now hostile to the Alliance, and soon Yrel will be killed off.

I know this is never going to happen, but it would be interesting to see the MU Draenei turning into zealots and eventually seizing control of the Alliance from Humans. Anduin, Velen, and a few still sane Draenei would go into exile for a time, while the Alliance would transform into the second Scarlet Crusade.

Eitrigg: Heroes from my world once freed yours from the grip of tyrants. Now Azeroth faces a similar threat, so we have come to ask repayment of that debt.
    So has Eitrigg fallen so low to be twisting the truth to recruit allies? As far as I know, he's recruiting the AU Orcs to help the Horde to fight the Alliance (which is fine), but Azeroth as a whole wasn't part of the picture. Or do the Horde truly believe that Anduin is trying to be a tyrant and dominate Azeroth, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Garrosh wasn't born in this universe cause Grommash's wife died. So either he took another wife and had a son with her, or Grommash stepped down and someone else is leading the mag'har.
    Grommash is still Warchief, so it's probably another wife. That was just a joke anyway, don't look too deep into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I meant MU Garrosh.
    I know, that was meant to be a joke, hence the "". I find it kinda ironically that AU Garrosh (the equivalent of him at least) would have been virtually the opposite of Garrosh himself.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

So Lightforged Draeneis will get an allied race in the Lightbound later on. New kid Garrosh joins the Alliance with Lightbound Orcs and then new Garrosh will make an Alliance copy of Orgrimmar. Then in patch 8.3 we will have a new SoO, just the two factions swapped roles.

Where is my contract blizz, I'll sign it.

The broadcast was great tbh, it finally shows the light is oppressive and tries to force itself on others.

It was mentioned sometime ago how we'll see the light isn't some ultimate good.

Deleted
    The lore is getting dumber and dumber with every build, I'm just glad I don't take it seriously anymore. But Paladin Garrosh would be the shit, please bring him to the MU. He could be the "new" Warchief.