Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Yrel

Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.

Why would it bother the Alliance? The AU Draenei are not part of the alliance

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha well after all those years of war and murders by the orcs themselves, it's good to finally see the roles are reversed.

We found out that even without demonblood, the orcs always resort to violence and hatred. Serves them right...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Haha well after all those years of war and murders by the orcs themselves, it's good to finally see the roles are reversed.

We found out that even without demonblood, the orcs always resort to violence and hatred. Serves them right...
    Two wrongs dont make a right you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    No, but it is about time the Draeneis do some effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.
    This is entirely a Horde quest line and Alliance players will have no interaction with Yrel or any of this stuff, so it's not really a problem for Blizzard to make them out as purely bad guys in this situation since we only see the story from one side.

Still, as an Alliance player I like this twist on the Light and really wish I could join in burning some orcs... sorry, I mean purging the heretics!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet, i still have zero sympathy for those orcs.

As far as i am concerned, they got away with way too much bullshit and deserve FAR worse than the draeneic inquisition.

Edit: Spoken as an orc main.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's why we're stuck with Sylvanas vs Anduin, because every time Blizzard invents a new character, be it Wrathion or Yrel, they don't know what to do with them, so just abandon them like that. I sincerely doubt we'll ever meet Yrel in person again, despite people claiming there's gonna be "light expansion" and raid on Naaru and followers of light. Even if we do get this, I bet Yrel will stay forgotten in all that story, and the raid will be filled with random nobodies we've never met, same as half the HFC and most of Antorus was filled with demons we've never heard of before in lore.

It's just a plot device, same as goblins are in dark iron scenario, but at least that one makes more sense, as goblins are known for trying to get their hands on anything valuable without hesitation.

Can't wait to see what Blizzard plans for Wrathion, maybe he'll pass by to make dragon-power infused pandas next allied race, give them to us and then disappear again. Because yeah, Blizzard is capable of inventing a more ridiculous made on spot allied race than Void Elves.

Deleted
    Outrage? Why? You can always join them, like based AU Garrosh.

Deleted
    Hell lets bring Yrel to our Universe, it would be good to see female non human lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Why would it bother the Alliance? The AU Draenei are not part of the alliance
    Yrel was the highlight of WoD when it comes to Alliance development. Most players (as far as I could tell) really liked Yrel and appeared to be the most popular Alliance character in WoD.

Even I, who loves the Horde/Alliance conflict part of World of Warcraft, feel like this is bit of a kick in the teeth to Alliance players.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of irked but irked in that its more AU garbage. Why cant -Our- lightforged reach this conclusion, with the events of BrA they can easily judge the horde to be moving in the same route as the legion and move to strike up a new crusade to protect Azeroth, throw in some Stormwind old longings for the Scarlets, I mean we have Alleria and Turalyon now. Let them do something let -US- fight back against the horde, i'm just mad the AU is getting all the fun.

Ooohhh how sweet is to see this. Turns out the 'innocent draenei' aren't that much different than their Man'ari cousins.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Haha that has nothing to do with it.. I just think it's funny that the orcs are always known for their war, aggression and violence, but as soon as an opposing faction, such as the AU Draenei, people start crying over how sad it is and that peace should be maintained.

If you actually try to put yourself in the shoes of the draenei, MU and AU, they've seen some nasty shit. We as players may see the bigger picture, but it's understandible to draw weird conclusions...

Heck.. the dialogues are from a horde's standpoint. Some may argue that X'era's approach was not the right way - some agree with it.
    The same can be said for the Lightbound. Who's to say what happened to spark the events?

But in the end.. I for one am laughing to see that the tables have turned. Vidication for the countless victims !

The Iron Horde even WITHOUT the influence of Gul'Dan destroyed homes and kidnapped Draenei men, women and children then sacrificed them to open a new portal to Azeroth using shadow magics instead of Fel.

If the ending hadn't been done in that weird half-assed, get us the F out of this expansion way we'd have continued to wipe out the IH using both Horde and Alliance players. Every single tribe except for the Frostwolf would have been decimated, hell you could argue that they already were decimated.

May not make it right if the Draenei are being expansionist but I'm more surprised there's enough people on either side left to attempt any form of conquest.

So we finally figured out Yrel's dark secret.... it was actually the secret ability to "go full out of character" !

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post

Lol, 90% of the Eredar race became the Legion. Perhaps all tentacle-face aliens should be judged by the majority?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Developing a character in the way that you don't like is still development.
    Yrel was bound by a Xe'ra-like naaru, and she needs to do as it commands.

What is wrong with this? Anyone knows why this would be a bad development?
    I loved the broadcast text, can't wait to play it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Makes you wonder if she even survives mag'har recruitment chain.

They're not even Alliance. This just pisses off draenei fans.

Can Blizzard just go shit on the humans instead of spending all of BfA fucking over night elves and draenei?