Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Why would it bother the Alliance? The AU Draenei are not part of the alliance
    Pretty much this. The Alliance draenei were under the command of the Alliance commander on Draenor.

Blizzard is really bad in telling a story like this; they want to make these draenei look like villains, but they're apparently trying to subjugate the same guy who lead the Iron Horde on an extermination spree on the AU Draenor draenei and then attempted to conquer Azeroth too; only once he got beaten did he get chained down by Gul'dan and once we as players handle Archimonde, he pretends like it is his victory. Bottom line is that even if Y'rel is doing this, it basically equals "getting back at the AU Draenor orcs for what they've done/attempted to do".

Every time some Horde race is being portrayed as a victim, the ones attacking them are those this Horde race attacked in the past. Blizzard is using this formula throughout Warcraft's history and keeps recycling it. AU Grom being alive and not getting punished for the Iron Horde is a huge mistake, while killing Durotan and turning Y'rel into a potential villain is a continuation of this wrong twist. Durotan and Y'rel were some of the best characters WoD gave us.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-10 at 01:05 AM.

I think the twist makes sense. And as an alliance player i love a little Grey on our record
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I think the twist makes sense. And as an alliance player i love a little Grey on our record
    Blizzard is crafting "grey" on Alliance record with this twist on characters that have never been Alliance? This is the problem.

Just like the Horde is just recruiting the AU Mag'har because they were never Horde, that much the AU Draenor draenei never became part of the Alliance.

Howls of outrage? No sir, I'm glad to see there's a leader of a race not willing to let the Orcs get away with the murder/wasn't me/murder/wasn't me carousel.

So what is Yrel doing? If she's doing anything, then this is news to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Locus-Walker: "You have known the Shadow as nothing but horrors. The Shadow sees the Light in the same way. Neither viewpoint is true. Neither is wrong."

We, as players, are begame to experience the "horrors" of Shadow and soon or later the horrors of the Light as well. But as Locus says:Neither viewpoint is true. Neither is wrong. And we have to look at this entirely situation in the same way...
    I'm really starting to like that character. I hope we see more of him.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    To think that in just 30 peaceful years (which is nothing to a draenei) they would all become these warmongering, crusading extremists
    because being like that is based on genetics or something?

Hell a corgi puppy could be like that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard is crafting "grey" on Alliance record with this twist on characters that have never been Alliance? This is the problem.

Just like the Horde is just recruiting the AU Mag'har because they were never Horde, that much the AU Draenor draenei never became part of the Alliance.
    IT shows that our draenei have capacity for evil shit. Nonetheless, relegious fansticism makes sense and I would love to see more of it in the Lore
    We humans have to stick together

As a huge Horde hardcore fan, I actually welcome theese types of Draeneis. Sure, the AU orcs faces some casualties, but this opens up more story lines where Scarlet Crusade left behind. My theory is, this could be Mal'Ghanis doing. He stepped into a portal in Icecrown and never been seen again. We never got to see him in Legion. And since Legion can enter every infinite timelines, he possibly went to AU Draenor and set his plans in motion. I could be extremly wrong on this one, might be too far streched.
    But this opens up a whole new type of enemy factions, and possibly new villains.

Looking forward to see how this plays out.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    So what is Yrel doing? If she's doing anything, then this is news to me.
    she is apparently the leader of the lightbourne, the high exarch
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /yawn. Some next level bad writing right there.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Looking forward to see how this plays out.
    somehow doubt its going to tie into anything bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    somehow doubt its going to tie into anything bigger
    What makes you believe that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.
    Anyone care to explain what you're talking about? I haven't been paying attention to MMO-Champ for the past couple weeks so I might have missed something

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    #YrelDidNothingWrong
    Ily mmoc

So the natural state for both Orc and Draenei is fucking batshit crazy conquerer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    she is apparently the leader of the lightbourne, the high exarch
    Lightbourne? Are we talking about the Army of Light?

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    What makes you believe that?
    They'd have to acknowledge Yrel again if they wanted to make an actual story of it as opposed to a maguffin to bring in AU genderswap Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Lightbourne? Are we talking about the Army of Light?
    If that wasn't meant to be sarcasm, no. And it should have been "Lightbound" - it's not part of the Army of the Light yet, as far as we know.

The basic gist of it is that after Archimonde was defeated in WoD, the Draenei and the Orcs worked together for a while to clean up the remains of the Legion. Yet, over time, the Naaru leading AU Draenei compelled them to spread their influence. Some Orcs willingly converted, while some other got the Light infused into them forcefully - probably not too different from what Xe'ra attempted to do to Illidan. Even AU Grom's son joined this group, and the Mag'har Orc call them the Lightbound. Y'rel is their leader. At the time being, the Lightbound and the Mag'har Orc seem to have constant skirmishes (although it doesn't seem to have escalated to the level of an all out war yet), with the former acting like zealous trying to convince - by words and by force - the later to accept the blessing of the Light, telling them to submit to peace, order, and let the Light heal their scars of war.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-10 at 02:19 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The only story we hear is about yrel being the bad guy what is told by orcs or grom hellscream you know the guy we wanted to murder for an entire expansion only turning sides the moment he realized he couldn't defeat our characters like serously if you actually think that Grom can be trusted your fking high.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    If that wasn't meant to be sarcasm, no. And it should have been "Lightbound" - it's not part of the Army of the Light yet, as far as we know.

The basic gist of it is that after Archimonde was defeated in WoD, the Draenei and the Orcs worked together for a while to clean up the remains of the Legion. Yet, over time, the Naaru leading AU Draenei compelled them to spread their influence. Some Orcs willingly converted, while some other got the Light infused into them forcefully - probably not too different from what Xe'ra attempted to do to Illidan. Even AU Grom's son joined this group, and the Mag'har Orc call them the Lightbound. Y'rel is their leader. At the time being, the Lightbound and the Mag'har Orc seem to have constant skirmishes (although it doesn't seem to have escalated to the level of an all out war yet), with the former acting like zealous trying to convince - by words and by force - the later to accept the blessing of the Light, telling them to submit to peace, order, and let the Light heal their scars of war.
    Until about five minutes ago, I knew literally nothing about this. Now I know what the lightbound/lightbourne are... vaguely.

I do appreciate the clarification here, though, it paints a more detailed picture. Seems a little ridiculous, but then again, it fits with the theme of everything regarding WoD being ludicrous by nature.

I always did wonder though if the Naaru weren't going to try something similar, though... I wonder if this is just the AU Naaru, or how all of the Naaru really feel? I wonder if the Naaru are going to become a major enemy in the near future. What a twist that would be. It's definitely the right time for them to act, considering that their primary threat is gone, they can now act upon what they feel will prevent the void. In fact, if it is indeed just the AU Naaru, it would very well be acting on its own fears; it was a Dark Naaru for a very long time and witnessed firsthand what Nerzhul -- and the rest of the orcish clans -- were capable of.

Here's my question, did Grommash survive, and what happened to him... aside from his son becoming Lightborne or whatever?