Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    A version that is ran on emulators and through tacky methods. That "fraction" pales to how Blizzard would handle it.
    Of course, that's understood. The Blizzard release version would be better by several orders of magnitude.

My point, ultimately, is that the game already exists. That leads to a reasonable conclusion that the design pipeline wouldn't be as long for a game that doesn't exist, particularly given the resources that are at Irvine. People concluding that it wouldn't therefore take several years, are being pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thing is they have allready said alot but you and many other classic players arnt even looking.
    Would you mind quickly sourcing what commentary you're referring to?

Just the most recent examples of official commentary will be fine.

Thanks in advance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    Of course, that's understood. The Blizzard release version would be better by several orders of magnitude.

My point, ultimately, is that the game already exists. That leads to a reasonable conclusion that the design pipeline wouldn't be as long for a game that doesn't exist, particularly given the resources that are at Irvine. People concluding that it wouldn't therefore take several years, are being pretty reasonable.

Would you mind quickly sourcing what commentary you're referring to?

Just the most recent examples of official commentary will be fine.

Thanks in advance.
    https://wccftech.com/wow-classic-graphics-nostalgia/
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman.../#5811465a5134
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275688/w...lizzard-hiring
    http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/bli...ic-challenges/
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-big-questions
    https://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-...a-wow-servers/
    https://www.pcgamer.com/why-world-of...tough-to-make/
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275482/w...we-know-so-far
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...e_know_so_far/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWjB-qlTWQ
    literally just google.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I couldn't disagree more actually. This community and the "fans" of classic / vanilla have proven time and time again that they will tear any statement to bits, rage over nothing, argue over things not even announced, and attack anyone who does not 100% agree with everything they say.

Honestly, i would suggest that threads like this, and people like OP are a major factor in Blizzard choosing not to comment further. That and there is nothing to say.

The Mutual respect garbage is crap as well. You think you are more important in this relationship than you are. Blizzard make the games, and you either play it, or you dont. Thats the extent of the relationship.
    Fair enough, agree to disagree then.

Deleted
    I'm at work and don't really have much time for searching.

Thanks!

[Edit: Okay, there are a couple of points to note now that I've had a chance to read the list.

Ultimately, the main update of interest you've linked was Brack's interview with Forbes at the end of January this year. Most of the other articles go back 5-6 months, post BlizzCon (where the announcement was made), so they're not current and happened before the period of silence broken in January by Brack. Other articles simply link to that interview, so it's the key one to take note of.

That all said, it's a pretty interesting interview that clarifies a couple of things, provides a couple of small updates, and confirms what were suspicions. It was, however, almost four months ago... So it's not exactly a recent post.]
    Last edited by mmoca8060fd94f; 2018-05-14 at 10:15 AM.

I couldn't disagree more actually. This community and the "fans" of classic / vanilla have proven time and time again that they will tear any statement to bits, rage over nothing, argue over things not even announced, and attack anyone who does not 100% agree with everything they say.

Honestly, i would suggest that threads like this, and people like OP are a major factor in Blizzard choosing not to comment further. That and there is nothing to say.

The Mutual respect garbage is crap as well. You think you are more important in this relationship than you are. Blizzard make the games, and you either play it, or you dont. Thats the extent of the relationship.

Agree
    I think it's called "You reap what you sow"

There is mutual respect. The classic community doesn't respect Blizzard at all, and in turn, neither does Blizzard respect them.

Deleted
    I very interested in why a remake of a game of 2004 (when you have all the new content of 2018 avaliable) become the people too much crazy with it!
    Really i dont understand!

All the new concept of game to the rubish and play like 10 years ago!
    Ok, then all your GTX 10XX and random stuff go away of your pc's! and play like 2004!
    This is a mmo, then the game is live and evoluting......

If you thing that the vanilla servers where like you initial phase of warcraft you are very very wrong! Nostalgia incoming!!

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    It saddens me to see the plague of fanboys who are willing to pay for something, and then turn around and call others entitled for having expectations of a paid product still exist. Your kind should have fizzled out by now
    It saddens me to see the advancements in medical technologies preventing natural selection from wiping you out.

To answer to the usual horde of Vanilla-haters trolls who still, strangely, spend more time on these forums than the Vanilla-lovers, there IS a number of news which are pretty relevant to the project and could be shared, and which have precisely been the subject of much "debates" around here. Specifically, the form that Classic will take :

- Customized modern client, modernized old client, a brand new client ?
    - Which changes are planned (or if none are) ?
    - Which version will Classic be based upon ? Will it progress through historical patches or start and stay at a defined "final" one ?
    - Which parts of the restricted design/bugs will be fixed/modified and which ones are considered to be integral part to the game ?
    - Is there an answer about the subscription method ?

And so on. There is LOTS of potential news that can be given, and some are about the core concepts of development, so things which kind of need to be known by now (like which kind of client they will use).

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Run LFR Coven; half the raid will beg to differ.

The outside world stuff has most certainly lost that sense of danger. However, if you don't feel in danger in dungeons then you aren't pushing the keys high enough. And, although I only remember one raid boss being soloed (Kazzak), I remember Death and Taxes 5-manning Loatheb.
    I remember my first toon, a human warrior. And being cautious when approaching any river/lake or orchard/farm in Elwynn because I knew that if more than a handful of murlocs/defias spotted me I was gonna die. Flash forward to today, running through entire packs of demonic eredar on freaking Argus and them not being able to even break my prydaz.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    To answer to the usual horde of Vanilla-haters trolls who still, strangely, spend more time on these forums than the Vanilla-lovers, there IS a number of news which are pretty relevant to the project and could be shared, and which have precisely been the subject of much "debates" around here. Specifically, the form that Classic will take :

- Which version will Classic be based upon ? Will it progress through historical patches or start and stay at a defined "final" one ?
    - Which parts of the restricted design/bugs will be fixed/modified and which ones are considered to be integral part to the game ?

And so on. There is LOTS of potential news that can be given, and some are about the core concepts of development, so things which kind of need to be known by now (like which kind of client they will use).
    And the answer to all of the above is 'we're not ready to tell you yet'.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    And the answer to all of the above is 'we're not ready to tell you yet'.
    Maybe, but these are valid questions to which it's valid to expect some answer in the time-frame since the announce.
    Quite unlike the torrent of contempt we could see toward the OP.

But then again, just how many among those people are actually even interested in Vanilla and not here just to shitpost ?

But they will wait until after BFA launch as releasing anything risks taking hype from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm at work and don't really have much time for searching.

Thanks!

[Edit: Okay, there are a couple of points to note now that I've had a chance to read the list.

Ultimately, the main update of interest you've linked was Brack's interview with Forbes at the end of January this year. Most of the other articles go back 5-6 months, post BlizzCon (where the announcement was made), so they're not current and happened before the period of silence broken in January by Brack. Other articles simply link to that interview, so it's the key one to take note of.

That all said, it's a pretty interesting interview that clarifies a couple of things, provides a couple of small updates, and confirms what were suspicions. It was, however, almost four months ago... So it's not exactly a recent post.]
    those are the fast ones, but there has been many just "ok well last question, mind if it is about classic? what is this goign to be?" and well a 20 question interview with one classic questions is going to be hard to find as a classic response. i guess i can do some looking if you need more, they have spoken about it, but very little because it is very far from done, as they know it is a big feat, and will take alot of work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    those are the fast ones, but there has been many just "ok well last question, mind if it is about classic? what is this goign to be?" and well a 20 question interview with one classic questions is going to be hard to find as a classic response. i guess i can do some looking if you need more, they have spoken about it, but very little because it is very far from done, as they know it is a big feat, and will take alot of work
    No, no need for others; the January interview with Forbes was a pretty reasonable example.

Coming back for some more delicious tears from self entitled snowflakes.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, no need for others; the January interview with Forbes was a pretty reasonable example.
    Also in one of the revent Q&A for battle of azeroth, Ion stated at te start-
    FOUND IT

watch from there on for a minute ish
    march 15th, so just under 2 months ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I remember reading rumors that Classic wasn't coming in 2018. If that's true, then there is absolutely no reason for Blizzard to share anything about it? Why? Because they don't have anything aside from "We're working on it.".

If the intent is to put Classic out sometime in 2018, then you'd be right to find it odd that nothing has been said.
    Iirc they said it would take atleast a few years of work before they could launch it, so I wouldnt expect it anytime soon(maybe after 2020?). So yeah, nothing news worthy for a while.

I think they answered a lot of those in the interviews, but the consensus was that they were figuring it out