Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Wow ps4 edition [rumor debunked for now]

A new leak from E3 showing PS4 will get a a world of warcraft version i hope they wont treat it the same way they treated diablo 3 if the leaks prove to be true

Since I can finally post links here it is
    https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0

Moderator note:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...te-news-update
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-05-20 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A leak will always reek of leek unless proven otherwise.

WoW will most likely never come to consoles, mainly because how inaccessible it would become. FFXIV (and FFXI for that matter) are different platform MMORPGs and even then there are heavily limitations within the games. Speaking for FFXIV, there is no "true world" exploration as the zones are limited and placed in other instances. While you can walk from Eastern Plaguelands to Booty Bay (and Darnassus to Caverns of Time for Kalimdor), that is not possible to do at all in FFXIV.

While the consoles have improved a lot the recent years, we're still years away from having WoW on consoles.

And don't get me started on macros & addons.

I hope this never ever happen to wow.

There is ff14 already for them

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you even heal in WoW with a controller? It'd be stupidly inefficient.
    Not to mention communicating with your group since no one uses the in-game voice

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    A leak will always reek of leek unless proven otherwise.

WoW will most likely never come to consoles, mainly because how inaccessible it would become. FFXIV (and FFXI for that matter) are different platform MMORPGs and even then there are heavily limitations within the games. Speaking for FFXIV, there is no "true world" exploration as the zones are limited and placed in other instances. While you can walk from Eastern Plaguelands to Booty Bay (and Darnassus to Caverns of Time for Kalimdor), that is not possible to do at all in FFXIV.

While the consoles have improved a lot the recent years, we're still years away from having WoW on consoles.

And don't get me started on macros & addons.
    To be fair the seamless tech thing isn't because of PS4.

1.0 had seamless zones kind of and that was intended to come out on PS3 at the time.

WoW would be able to handle seamless zones no problem on modern systems. It's just getting that old ass engine optimized for consoles is the big work.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is where Classic WoW is only released on the PS4, just to piss you Vanilla babies off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by q8crescent View Post
    A new leak from E3 showing PS4 will get a a world of warcraft version i hope they wont treat it the same way they treated diablo 3 if the leaks prove to be true
    Yeah, sorry, I have my doubts honestly..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    This is where Classic WoW is only released on the PS4, just to piss you Vanilla babies off
    ah come on, that would be hilarious but it will be like shooting yourself on the foot for blizzard.

source or just blowing smoke for the sake of smoke.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

sorry but this wont happen. WoW would never work on console the way it work on PC and a console version would mean a massive undertaling of the game engine / code. Plus, console wouldn't be able to handle one big world with almost no loading time and too many people in the same place at once.

This leak is like many leak, utopic at best x)

Doubt it. Not only WoW would be extremely difficult to convert to console model, but console gamers are mostly not interested in mmo rpgs (and the genre itself is on decline anyway).

Deleted
    baby account posting smoke spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    source or just blowing smoke for the sake of smoke.
    There was a supposed leak of various E3 lineups (not just Blizzard titles) on Troupster. It included WoW on PS4 as well a Diablo IV announcement.

It didn't sound amazingly credible, but I'm not an expert in these things. OP didn't make things up, but it's still far from confirmed.

Personally, I would not be hugely surprised. With the way WoW has been going, simpler rotations, automatic voice chat, etc., it has definitely removed some previous hurdles. And D3 on consoles means it's not wholly uncharted territory for Blizz. Also, WoW would be a good fit for console players because while they are a much more casual demographic than the "traditional" WoW player, those are a dying breed at this point, and I do think WoW has become a lot more attractive in its makeup to console demographics.

That being said, it's certainly a bold move and not without its own set of problems (I doubt there'd be crossplay, for example, which could be a severe problem). About a month until we know for certain.

I mean FFXIV works on consoles and it has way more abiltiies than WoW does now.

The only thing is that FFXIV was also designed with consoles in mind and has the coding for it. WoW on the other hand was not and probably would take a hell a lot of work to get it to run well.

You claim about something without proof, where is the leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Speaking for FFXIV, there is no "true world" exploration as the zones are limited and placed in other instances. While you can walk from Eastern Plaguelands to Booty Bay (and Darnassus to Caverns of Time for Kalimdor), that is not possible to do at all in FFXIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    Plus, console wouldn't be able to handle one big world with almost no loading time and too many people in the same place at once.
    Sorry, but that's absurd. WoW worked on 2004 PC which were massively less powerful than a PS4. It's not the seamless world which is a problem.
    The true problem is the input and UI.
    WoW is made for mouse + keyboard, and it would be a nightmare to adapt it for a controller. Not even saying it can't be done, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Sorry, but that's absurd. WoW worked on 2004 PC which were massively less powerful than a PS4. It's not the seamless world which is a problem.
    The true problem is the input and UI.
    WoW is made for mouse + keyboard, and it would be a nightmare to adapt it for a controller. Not even saying it can't be done, but I doubt it.
    At this time wow wasn't as demanding as today (most recent computers can't even handle running it ultra 60fps in raids).

Also, I'm very doubtful the old engine that has been patched over and over this last 12+ years would adapt easily to console.

Finally, looking back at how multiplatforms MMOs have been held back by their console version in EVERY possible ways, I'm pretty a PS4 version won't ever come.

Oh and addons wouldn't make it either cause SONY.

With all the pruning I don't see it as being impossible, especially with FFXIV and its binds being applicable.

However they would have to rehaul the targeting system radically to make healing even remotely functional in a console setting. Also it'd probably be modless. (shudder)

Leak with no source => not a leak.

A leak from E3 prove BFA is a joke and we actually got a "Return of the Lich King" extension !

See sig for source