Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    He's not wrong. Have you seen artwork of Teldrassil? It looks like an actual tree with branches and leaves. In game it's a massive stump with trees and houses covering it. Honestly, I don't think Teldrassil from the artwork would have worked for a starting zone in the game. What they went with ingame works, though it looks nothing "like it should".
    He is wrong though. Artwork is often 1) interpreted by the artist 2) designed to look cool.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Being critical doesn't equate telling someone what a tree they designed in a game world they created doesn't look like it actually should, now does it?

Surely you're not just a pompous ass and understand the difference between critical and assumed expertise over something.
    Of course, that's why you will understand the problems with old Teldrassil's status as a big tree stump. Alas, since you are not a Blizzard apologist, you will see that the current version is a better representation of the actual size of Teldrassil.

You don't really think "artist interpretation" is a valid excuse for that stump, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Eventually it will burn down, fall over and sink into the swa.., I mean sea.
    But the fourth one stayed up!

Deleted
    NEW teldrassil from a bad angle vs old teldrassil from roughly the same angle and distance
    -
    -

Everything blizz does for the alliance things is half done just look on that Half tree :P

The illusion of Teldrassil, back in Vanilla worked most of the time. View distances weren't all that great. There was no flying (usually...some people could feather fall/jump off the top), and you teleported from the top to bottom. It could give the illusion of it being a vast tree because you couldn't see it all.

Now you can. So the replacement looks better, mostly.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    I wonder how long it will burn for
    Guessing about 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    NEW teldrassil from a bad angle vs old teldrassil from roughly the same angle and distance
    -
    -
    https://i.imgur.com/9iuTJXW.jpg[/IMG]
    At least the new one looks like a tree rather than a tree-covered Mesa.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Everything blizz does for the alliance things is half done just look on that Half tree :P
    Really? For me Teldrassil seems well done.

Being critical doesn't equate telling someone what a tree they designed in a game world they created doesn't look like it actually should, now does it?

Surely you're not just a pompous ass and understand the difference between critical and assumed expertise over something.
    their own lore shows what it was supposed to look like, and it was NOTHING like it was in game.

but yeah, it's a real shame it's just a fucking 2d cutout. was there not a 3d model datamined earlier?

-
    -

Even this just shows how much they can actually make it look like a tree if they wanted to. Literally dumping ground in that with the starting area wouldn't have been impossible (these days). Just hoping if we actually get a full world revamp again the druids in that time will have healed/regrown Teldrassil by then, and then we can actually have a tree that looks like a tree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Of course, that's why you will understand the problems with old Teldrassil's status as a big tree stump. Alas, since you are not a Blizzard apologist, you will see that the current version is a better representation of the actual size of Teldrassil.

You don't really think "artist interpretation" is a valid excuse for that stump, do you?
    I think 'it's their game to design as they please' is a valid excuse for them to do A N Y T H I N G they want with T H E I R game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think 'it's their game to design as they please' is a valid excuse for them to do A N Y T H I N G they want with T H E I R game.
    You are absolutely correct. They can do anything - they actually did made Teldrassil into a stump.

It's the playerbase's right to criticize it, too, even if they have no obligation to play the game. No one is immune to complaints.

The restaurant serves you a dirt sandwich for free - you don't even eat it, yet you are free to complain.

Well, it is true. It really didn't. Mostly because back then, the engine wouldn't have been able to handle it and you didn't have enough view distance to notice, but still.

Besides, there wasn't any actual complaint to Blizzard about it or a demand for change, so get off your high horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You are absolutely correct. They can do anything - they actually did made Teldrassil into a stump.
    Nah, they can't. Which is why it was a stump, that was all the engine could handle back then. Not to mention nobody would have been able to tell the difference anyhow. That only became possible with the vastly increased view distance in recent years.

5+ Year Old Account
    imo its cool to fly around brill and undercity and look at the aftermath and devastation of the war.
    teldrassil is just a painting, that looks nice from the right angle (it looks pretty weird if you look at it from an unintended angle). and it looks nothing like what it used to look like.
    Undercity looked like an open sewer before and after, I don't really see a difference.

Expect the tree to turn into a giant Nzoth tentacle in a future patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, you're absolutely right. So let's tell Porsche to turn all their cars into economical, cheap, hatchbacks with 3 cylinder engines, their buyers will TOTALLY stay loyal to the product. After all it's *Their company* not like they have to sell a product to a market with expectations

Deleted
    So if we want to visit Teldrassil in the coming years, it's going to be possible in WoW Classic only?

In BfA it's just a 2D background? Damn, that place was where I first logged into WoW back in Vanilla....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Really? For me Teldrassil seems well done.
    That's just the night elves who failed to realise Stormwind is right there waiting for them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So if we want to visit Teldrassil in the coming years, it's going to be possible in WoW Classic only?

In BfA it's just a 2D background? Damn, that place was where I first logged into WoW back in Vanilla....
    You can visit it through the lame magic of phasing, but why bother

maybe it is just a place holder and we go back to see what "really happened" in some patch. Hopefully make it nice and charred etc.

I figure world trees burn or smolder for a good amount of time. Lot of fuel for that fire for sure.

Deleted
    @Deruyter you can talk to a bronze dragon, in humaoid form, in southern dakshore to turn back time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

There's going to be a Bronze Dragon person that will let you look at Teldrassil before the burning. Same with Tiristfal glades.

You can visit it through the lame magic of phasing, but why bother
    Not lame, it's an effective tool for those with nostalgia in their blood.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi