Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    dont think its a big deal, when did you rly need to cc something for a longer time ? in raid its only aggramar in the whole expansion...for m+ cc is not used at all and if only to interrupt a spell if all kicks are on cd
    Well, like I said, it's not a huge complaint it's just going to be a minor annoyance, especially in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    Wow this all looks great. You guys have thoughts on how the talent reshuffle will look? He only confirmed one row: Shooting Stars, Stellar Drift and Stellar Flare.

FoN WoE TwM
    Sof Inc SL
    ShS StD StFl
    FoE Moon NB

If it were like this a viable single target build might be WoE, Inc, StFl, Moon which in combination with new empowerment proc seems pretty good gameplay wise to me. Always have the option to switch out Inc and Moon for the passive SL and NB too. For AoE it seems like any combination could potentially work well; SL being a bit more ST oriented but with the base cost reduction to SF it could work out well for something like the tyrannical affix in M+.

FoN WoE SL
    Sof Inc TwM
    ShS StD StFl
    FoE Moon NB

Now T75 becomes a playstyle choice instead of auto picking TwM + SotF
    IMO anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Well, like I said, it's not a huge complaint it's just going to be a minor annoyance, especially in PvP.
    could be an issue.
    Doesnt frost dk have the same with howling blast aoe though?

It's still all passive shit. I maintain that the Moon spells should be baseline more than any other artifact ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    It's still all passive shit. I maintain that the Moon spells should be baseline more than any other artifact ability.
    if procs are considered passives sure. but the moons are passive because you just press them? there's no reactionary gameplay

These changes laregely address the MAJORITY of issues put forwarded by alpha/beta testers so far.

Feels good man

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    if procs are considered passives sure. but the moons are passive because you just press them? there's no reactionary gameplay

These changes laregely address the MAJORITY of issues put forwarded by alpha/beta testers so far.
    I mean yeah but they still break up builder spell spam. Not letting them cap and finding moments to cast big moon spells is reasonably reactionary i'd say. Either way, way better than current.

Agreed. These are actually pretty major changes for something that only arrives in Beta, too.

Still would have been nice had they actually told us something was coming.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fury of Elune (now a generator instead of spender)
    Wut.

New Nature's Balance should be quite interesting for solo stuff and anything that involves short fights with lots of pauses.
    Last edited by huth; 2018-05-18 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Agreed. These are actually pretty major changes for something that only arrives in Beta, too.

Still would have been nice had they actually told us something was coming.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fury of Elune (now a generator instead of spender)
    Wut.

New Nature's Balance should be quite interesting for solo stuff and anything that involves short fights with lots of pauses.
    i dont think it resets to 50, has to generate back up there and then doesnt go below it

i dont think it resets to 50, has to generate back up there and then doesnt go below it
    Even that would already help a lot. Though Seph said "balances to 50", so it actually might generate up. Still going to be a big help for solo questing and such.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Even that would already help a lot. Though Seph said "balances to 50", so it actually might generate up. Still going to be a big help for solo questing and such.
    It will generate, just not instantaneously. Most likely it'll just be the same as drain as in starts after a while Out of Combat and stops at 50.

Deleted
    if the generation is as fast as the current drain it'll definitely be quite useful (outside of raids).
    I'm happy I may finally have a chance to use FoE and see the cool effect on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    It will generate, just not instantaneously. Most likely it'll just be the same as drain as in starts after a while Out of Combat and stops at 50.
    After re-reading, that seems to be how it is supposed to work. Seph specificially stated that the An'she part is only active in combat, while the other part(obviously) only happens out of combat.

I have to say I'm so relieved that we are getting changes. Looking forward to testing them. Are these changes live on beta ATM or being put into next build?

They're not live on beta right now so next build it is

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    They're not live on beta right now so next build it is
    Or maybe even one or two builds later. There's always some lag between what the devs are doing and what we can actually see.

At least we now know there is in fact something yet to come.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't quite decide if Starsurge will still grant empowerment or not with this new approach. If it does, do we not risk being flooded with empowerments again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    I can't quite decide if Starsurge will still grant empowerment or not with this new approach. If it does, do we not risk being flooded with empowerments again?
    Unless you get back to back to back to back to back to back bracers proc we're not being flooded with empowerments even now. Even less chance of that in BfA considering there won't be legendaries any more, plus Incarnation changes.

I can't quite decide if Starsurge will still grant empowerment or not with this new approach.
    It obviously will, otherwise making Starlord baseline makes no sense. Every ~6th cast, you get a slightly faster opposite filler spell? That'd be silly and incredibly weak.

If it does, do we not risk being flooded with empowerments again?
    Without OI, you're never really flooded. Also the lack of +AsP Gen on CA/Inc fixes that too.

I mean if you don't believe me, try it on a dummy. Run BOTA (not ShS) and no OI/RM. Don't use CA/Inc. Do an optimal single-target rotation and see how "flooded" you get. Now remove the Moon spells since BfA has you choosing between BOTA and Moons.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-05-18 at 09:37 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If you're wasting empowerments on single target dummy without Legendaries, you're doing the rotation wrong. Even in BfA there should be no risk of that since you can only proc the opposite empowerment, which actually makes it a bit of a throwback to WotLK Eclipse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine what we'll end up doing is only stacking up to 2 empowerments at once so we never overcap with a proc.