Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    I mean, if you're talking purely aesthetics here, this is why I build all my "action bars" as WAs. I only see what I need/want to see, and the actual physical action bars can remain hidden.

If you're talking about Bar Button 1 using a talent specific spell, and you want that button to remain populated when a different talent is chosen, I use talent macros for this. So for instance with my DH for havoc, if I'm using felblade, the macro will show that skill in slot 1, but if I do not run felblade that spell slot will use demon's bite instead.

The process of keeping relevant abilities populating your action bars is kinda a bit of foresight in the sense that you need to have action toggles like macros for when abilities change or better talent builds come out for whatever class/spec. I generally set my main action bar up the same way with every class/spec, boiling down the basics of 1 energy builder, 1 big attack, 1 energy dump attack, 1-2 AoE attacks(depending on how the class plays and available abilities), your interrupt and then the artifact abilitiy. This is the bread and butter of every tank/DPS spec in the game, so I keep that simple setup for all my toons. I always place my abilities in the same keybind slot, so I know my AoE abilities are in keybind [whatever] and my interrupt is in keybind [whatever else], etc. This way, regardless of how long it's been since I've played a specific toon I have the basic idea of where each specific button is without having to look at my physical action bar.

Then as Aok said, I have some miscellaneous bars for things like potions, racials, shackle/imprison/incap abilities, food, hearths, mounts(though I also use oPIE for mounts/spec/hearths), immunities and trinkets. Again, I plan these accordingly with every class. Things that aren't necessarily used often enough to occupy a main action bar slot, but have uses.
    This is what I'm working with at the moment (no style here, just worrying about bar placement)

I suppose it works but I must have a touch of OCD because I want a solid universal UI for my hunter and my warr. I just feel like I can't do it...there must be some issue I'm going to come up against. It took me a surprisingly long time to figure out that 4 slots was the best, or seemingly the best, number to choose. So far I think it fits both MM and BM as well as my fury warr (when I hide spells I don't actually need to see, like furious slash)

It's the CD/damage modifier row beneath the resource bar that's my issue at the moment. I don't know if so few slots is sustainable. If I took piercing shot I basically wouldn't have a space for it as it doesn't replace any other spell.

I haven't really thought about how WA's in place of actual bars would work in terms of creating an even UI. If I were to use WA's I think it'd look the same as the picture below except the 8 central bars would be WA's. Not sure I can see any advantages just yet.

Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-05-21 at 10:27 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made a gif!

+ Switched over from xCT back to NSCT.
    + Moved the minimap and buffs down to the bottom.
    - I still need to do weakauras and the pet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    This is what I'm working with at the moment (no style here, just worrying about bar placement)

I suppose it works but I must have a touch of OCD because I want a solid universal UI for my hunter and my warr. I just feel like I can't do it...there must be some issue I'm going to come up against. It took me a surprisingly long time to figure out that 4 slots was the best, or seemingly the best, number to choose. So far I think it fits both MM and BM as well as my fury warr (when I hide spells I don't actually need to see, like furious slash)

It's the CD/damage modifier row beneath the resource bar that's my issue at the moment. I don't know if so few slots is sustainable. If I took piercing shot I basically wouldn't have a space for it as it doesn't replace any other spell.

I haven't really thought about how WA's in place of actual bars would work in terms of creating an even UI. If I were to use WA's I think it'd look the same as the picture below except the 8 central bars would be WA's. Not sure I can see any advantages just yet.

I personally think 6 is the optimal number of abilities you actually need to see as buttons.

This is how I set up all of my toons, using the basic 6 button WA's I build for each class/spec. Then I track CD's with https://wago.io/S1jje1CaM this WA that I made. It's worked amazingly well for each of my 7 toons.

Deleted
    I personally think 6 is the optimal number of abilities you actually need to see as buttons.

This is how I set up all of my toons, using the basic 6 button WA's I build for each class/spec. Then I track CD's with https://wago.io/S1jje1CaM this WA that I made. It's worked amazingly well for each of my 7 toons.
    Sounds like you have a good system there but I like the idea of keeping things in groups, namely my rotational/main abilities on top and then cd's/big hitters on bottom of resource bar. I think 4 works out for hunter and warr but I don't think it'd align with 6 bars across. MM only has 3 (cobra, dire, kill command - and at a push the artifact ability to make up the 4) It looks like you have pummel there on arms warr to film the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    It looks like you have pummel there on arms warr to film the gap.
    From the looks of his bar setup, it's his 4 main button rotation, interrupt and artifact ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    I made a gif!

is there a way to get your UI? Some people are asking for it in this topic!

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    From the looks of his bar setup, it's his 4 main button rotation, interrupt and artifact ability.
    Correct. Generally, it's the most often used abilities that have resource costs/CDs, interrupt them artifact. If an ability has no resource cost or cooldown and can be spammed, I usually omit it(on specs that have more ability options) since you don't need any visual que to use that ability.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itsPhilTV View Post
    is there a way to get your UI? Some people are asking for it in this topic!
    Hey there. It'll be really easy to re-create in ElvUI very quickly. That is what I am using and so far I have only changed things for solo questing so far and haven't touched the party or raid settings yet.
    The combat text is namescrollingcombat text which is very simple to setup.

Little bit of change, little bit of a refresh.

OoC:

Combat:
    This looks incredible. Do you play Rogue at all? Have you ever made a Rogue setup?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey! What is that loot notification in the bottom right hand corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Galactica21369 View Post
    Video here:
    Thanks man, way to deliver. I'm off to have fun with this.
    I'll get back to you with an update!

Update to my interface. Started by recreating Duke's 8.0 and then slowly adjusting it to my liking.

OOC:

Combat:

I made a gif!

Curious, what addon is making that loot list above your minimap?
    Also you're chat addon if you would, that's clean asf.
    Last edited by Swindle; 2018-05-24 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swindle View Post
    Looks like Xloot

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm always curious how can people play with the map at the bottom. Reminds me of those ugly UI packs for wotlk like this:

where everyone tried to put every addon at the bottom making the UI look unappealing to watch
    It's how it looks in many RTS games, I like it. Bottom right corner for me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also you're chat addon if you would, that's clean asf.
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Looks like Xloot
    Loot addon is indeed xloot that I've edited slightly.
    Chat addon is ElvUI that has been edited.

Loot addon is indeed xloot that I've edited slightly.
    Chat addon is ElvUI that has been edited.
    Feelsbadman, would love a copy of the edit very interested in how you implemented it
    Last edited by Swindle; 2018-05-25 at 05:52 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It's how it looks in many RTS games, I like it. Bottom right corner for me though.

You're right, never thought of that before. If you came to WoW from the RTS it does look like it , and agreed the minimap on the bottom right would make more sense

Feelsbadman, would love a copy of the edit very interested in how you implemented it
    ^ ^ this as well please

Quote Originally Posted by Laker9 View Post
    This looks incredible. Do you play Rogue at all? Have you ever made a Rogue setup?
    I have a rogue but it's only like lvl 8 Haha. I mean the bars themselves are easy to edit by using the template from any of my other classes. Using say, my windwalker monk setup and changing Chi to combo points and then adjusting the abilities to match rogue abilities is fairly simple. The way each ability is set up you just need to edit a few spells and icon ID's inside the custom text of each ability. Rogue you'd just end up adding a few ability swaps for when in stealth and when not but otherwise it's straight forward.