Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Let me try to explain the issue people have, I was just reminded of this.

After 9/11 a memorial was going to be put up. In REAL LIFE, several white, male fire fighters lifted the American flag over the ruble to boost morals and as a sign of solidarity. It was proposed the memorial depict this moment. However, the SJW crew wanted to make it a white man, a black man, a Hispanic, and squeeze a woman in there somewhere.You know, forced diversity. Thankfully, it was resisted and kept to real life... a bunch of white men.

Now, yes, its a game, and ok, maybe like, one woman dressed up as a man and was on the front line, and ok maybe 0.2% of the COMBAT participants were black. Still, the war in Europe was overwhelmingly white men vs white men. It is very irritating when SJWs want to FORCE diversity on us. Want Diversity in a war game? Remake BF Vietnam. THEN we have whites, blacks, Asians and Hispanics all on the same battlefield. Want women? Well... we have to go fantasy, we have Skyrim... which is SJW as hell, The "best fighter" in the main city is a woman. The mercenary who you can get as a follower in another town is a woman. The kings head of the guard is a female elf... diversity is stuffed down your throat. We have plenty of games that have women and "minorities" in roles of power or combat. Why then, do we need it in a WW2 game?

Next, and you KNOW its true, even the leftist of you: If they made a game depicting an African nation in history, like the Mali or whatever, and made 40% of the characters white, cities would burn. It would be chaos. Diversity only works against white men, and honestly almost never includes Asians (who make up the majority of the planets population) its ALWAYS about adding blacks and women. If diversity were actually... um, diverse, I wouldn't have as big an issue with it.... it would still be dumb, but not as bad at least.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between making a game playable and forcing diversity in everywhere it does not belong. If they make a game set in middle ages China I am not going to be sitting there demanding they add white people so I can identify with the game and play.
    You're picking and choosing what lack of realism you like and don't like. You're then acting like your personal sense of aesthetics is super important.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What argument is there to have? It's a video game, you colossal dorks.
    If it's just a video game, why do sjw's get bent out of shape about a lack of diversity in games like Kingdom Come or Witcher 3? They are only a games....

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    You're picking and choosing what lack of realism you like and don't like. You're then acting like your personal sense of aesthetics is super important.
    Seems he gets triggered by women. I wonder if he got picked on by a girl in grade school so now he hates women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    If it's just a video game, why do sjw's get bent out of shape about a lack of diversity in games like Kingdom Come or Witcher 3? They are only a games....
    You kinda are an SJW if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    oh in that case, I want to play as a quadriplegic with a Sten tied to my head.
    I want to play as a cyberman, it's only a game after all...

And here ya'll stand, whining about too much diversity in other games.

Makes one think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And here ya'll stand, whining about too much diversity in other games.

Makes one think.
    I wish it would make you think instead of spouting rubbish. It has nothing to do with diversity and everything to do with revisionism. As many others have said, if this was just another fictional shooter no one would give a damn. But DICE said they listened to their players who were crying out for an authentic WWII game and they dish up this crap. Social agendas and PC bullshit is apparently more important than player gaming experience.

Imagine if Saving Private Ryan was made and released today. Imagine the outcry because there wasn't more black or Hispanic or one armed women getting shot to pieces on the beaches of Normandy. I'm starting to wonder if progressive sjw's even know what historical accuracy even means. I'd bet you would all be willing workers at the Department of Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Battlefield has never been historically accurate whatsoever. It's an arcade shooter, not a simulation. Really funny to see all the kiddies twist their panties over a female soldier.

~50% of gamers are female, get over it.
    Neat. The genres that female gamers are interested are quite a bit different than those male gamers are into, though (shooters generally range from 4% to 7% female).

Just some food for thought from a study: https://quanticfoundry.com/2017/01/1...mers-by-genre/
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2018-06-04 at 12:43 AM.

I wish it would make you think instead of spouting rubbish. It has nothing to do with diversity and everything to do with revisionism. As many others have said, if this was just another fictional shooter no one would give a damn. But DICE said they listened to their players who were crying out for an authentic WWII game and they dish up this crap. Social agendas and PC bullshit is apparently more important than player gaming experience.

Imagine if Saving Private Ryan was made and released today. Imagine the outcry because there wasn't more black or Hispanic or one armed women getting shot to pieces on the beaches of Normandy. I'm starting to wonder if progressive sjw's even know what historical accuracy even means. I'd bet you would all be willing workers at the Department of Truth.
    I'd take an Inglorious Basterds-esque ahistorical romp with women, facepaint, katanas and mutant nazi zombies with lazers instead of dicks over yet another dull Saving Private Ryan clone about Omaha Beach and America winning the war by its lonesome which is the norm regarding the ''story'' in ''realistic'' WW2 games and movies. So long as DICE commits to the absurdity, I see no revision of history and more spicing up a setting that everyone knows by heart now. Not like Battlefield 1 was even trying to be realistic anyway.

Mind you, the setting wouldn't need spicing up had they been bolder and portrayed another side of the war, like the Eastern Front or a Pacific without Americans in it, but then again the game probably doesn't sell in the USA if they do, and Russians would whine about it if it portrays the Red Army as anything but the glorious liberating army of kindness that it sure as fuck wasn't.

Maybe don't get your history from video games, because they're freaking trash at telling it, Battlefield very much included since the first game.

The pinnacle of people will always find something to complain about.

If you're playing Battlefield for historical accuracy, then play another game. This game is ultimately a game about pew pewing, and the more options they give you to do that, the better.

People are f******* dumb.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2018-06-04 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Word

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Women were in World War II, serving many different positions and branches of the military for different countries, ranging from Nurses to front line soldiers, depending on the country. In many countries, such as Russia and the UK, women were even drafted into the military and Russian women fought on the front lines. Over 800,000 Russian women were in the military, mostly auxiliary units, while others served as snipers, aerial bombers, anti-aircraft and many other positions. Even in the USA, women served primarily as nurses but also in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps, which later was converted into the Women's Army Corps and at one point was lead by an African American woman. They also fought overseas in the Pacific and European Theaters. ALSO there was the 6888th Central Postal Directory Battalion which was an all female all African American battalion that fought during WWII in England and France.

Then there's the blue facepaint that everyone's so uppity about. This one's actually pretty cool, though exaggerated for visual effect. One of the easiest places to see this used was with the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division of the USA. These guys were nuts, and would often do "whatever it takes" to achieve victory and aid in the war effort. There were other units throughout the war that used facepaint, but this particular group was known for mohawks and multi colored face paint.

Then there's her prosthetic. It's actually pretty accurate to what was used during the war if they had lost the limb but wanted to continue service, as long as it wasn't their primary arm. So, that one's out too I guess. This one doesn't need much to answer for it, you can find it very easily with a google search of "prostheses arm ww2" or you can click here for some information on it.

Then again, I'm sure many people no matter what you put in front of them are going to be upset that there's some representation of the people that were in the war, just to a slightly exaggerated extent, so that they would actually be seen. There's enough historical accuracy within it that I'm fine with it, as these groups of people were actually in the war.
    Don't use facts and logic THERE ARE VAGINAS IN MY WAR GAME! There can't be vaginas in my super manly "realistic" WWII game because women can't fight. If all the SJWs really want a game with women then they can go play the game "Barefoot in the Kitchen making dinner pregnant 3: The Return of the Dirty Dishes." That is the kind of game women can be in. Vaginas in my war game makes me so ANGRY! Saying all that though I am not really mad about that it is the blue face paint on some characters and the cartoony action that is what I am really mad about not VAGINAS IN MY WAR GAME! /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    More manufactured outrage for permavirgins to scream about on r/TheDonald and MMO-Champ. I have a suggestion for the snowflakes: instead of crying on the internet about a video game not being 100% historically accurate, how about you go outside, meet a girl and join the rest of us in enjoying video games regardless of whatever specific details the incel-dominated alt-right wants to cry victim about.
    What about girls who think this is stupid or are you going to tell me to get laid too?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Imagine being triggered over them adding female characters to the game.

Y i k e s

When all of these outcries for historical accuracy are coming from the same people who would probably claim that the Holocaust was a myth or that the Allies were just as bad as the Nazis, I feel like these concerns are something we should treat with the utmost respect and seriousness. If we're making a realistic WW2 shooter, we'd really have to put a lot of resources into "crawl up in the fetal position and shit your pants" mode, because the average farmboy would spend a lot more time doing that than any heroic feats of badassery.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Don't use facts and logic THERE ARE VAGINAS IN MY WAR GAME! There can't be vaginas in my super manly "realistic" WWII game because women can't fight. If all the SJWs really want a game with women then they can go play the game "Barefoot in the Kitchen making dinner pregnant 3: The Return of the Dirty Dishes." That is the kind of game women can be in. Vaginas in my war game makes me so ANGRY! Saying all that though I am not really mad about that it is the blue face paint on some characters and the cartoony action that is what I am really mad about not VAGINAS IN MY WAR GAME! /s
    Why are you so desperate to include vaginas in an arena filled with all that toxic masculinity?

Why are you so desperate to include vaginas in an arena filled with all that toxic masculinity?
    Whatever you say buddy I am not the one having losing it over women being in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What about girls who think this is stupid or are you going to tell me to get laid too?
    Yes. If this upsets you, re-evaluate your life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yes. If this upsets you, re-evaluate your life.
    What a non answer. People care about the stuff theyre invested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What a non answer. People care about the stuff theyre invested in.
    Why are you emotionally invested in a game that has never been about historical accuracy? I'll say again, time to re-evaluate some things.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    This is exactly that. A culture war.

They could lose horribly when all games they made are ME Andromeda.
    They could win by really pushing their agenda to people so often, so persistent that all your people and kids got used to ALL female handling men's job with equal proficiency in history. That they all accepted this. "Do you know 50% of viking warriors are women????" "Why not, female are just as strong always.", "Dad you are sexist don't tell me there is less viking women warrior than men, I am reporting you to my teacher".
    This all started when we gave women shoes. If they didn't have shoes they could never leave the kitchen and stop making us dinner. First they get shoes then they want to vote, have rights, have a voice in the country. You give them an inch they take a mile, am I right?