Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You say that as a joke, but in reality that could feasibly be a thing in the not so distant future. Wireless charging is already a thing and is continually gaining ground every year. I pretty much only charge my phone wirelessly now. Even cars are starting to come equipped with wireless charging pads built into them for your phone.
    Yeah thats a nice feature. Its not the same as just discarding the phone when its out of battery tho

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Is your internet the same as it was 10 years ago?
    You bet! Our whooping 5/2 Mbit/s is the same as 10 years ago... they're even cutting the landline now so we must use wireless instead. And we can't even use our cellphones due to no reception. It's great! Where do I live? Sweden. Yeah. Sweden... Brilliant! I really hope they can come up with a solution.

OT:
    I hope it ends! It's stupid. Consoles are stupid. Should be normal computers with controllers instead.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Yeah thats a nice feature. Its not the same as just discarding the phone when its out of battery tho
    It was in reference to the “getting rid of the charging port” bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    You bet! Our whooping 5/2 Mbit/s is the same as 10 years ago... they're even cutting the landline now so we must use wireless instead. And we can't even use our cellphones due to no reception. It's great! Where do I live? Sweden. Yeah. Sweden... Brilliant! I really hope they can come up with a solution.

OT:
    I hope it ends! It's stupid. Consoles are stupid. Should be normal computers with controllers instead.
    RIP gaming

- - - Updated - - -

RIP gaming
    I've always been playing fifa on pc and people where always like "LOL it belongs on consoles with a controller newb". I'm like... i do have a controller. And the game looks 3x better...

Deleted
    Hopefully it will be the last, but never underestimate the power of stupidity and buying an overpriced outdated pc in a console case and with a severely limited useability with a gimped operating system because of lies such as:
    -controller is a better control method than mouse and keyboard ( and thats why people use controllers on pc... yea... wrong...)
    -consoles can have a controller ( yea you can plug one into a pc aswell if you want to gimp yourself. no problem)
    -consoles cant have viruses ( yea they can, since there is internet acces to the consoles they absolutely can and you have no easy acces to antivirus software)
    -you dont have to go through complicated installation process (yea if pointing to a place you want the game installed and clicking "install" is dificult to you than you are the stupid person i am talking about, secondly You have to install most of the console games just as you do on a pc nowdays, not an argument)
    -you dont have patches, you put the game in and play ( yea thats a lie, games on consoles just like on the pc have day 1 patches etc since years. Another outdated falsehood)

So no, consoles dont have anything to offer in of themselves that a pc doesnt do better and cheaper.
    Furthermore you can upgrade pc components, you can service pc yourself, its easier to fix it, it has acces to numerous controll peripherals especcially mouse and keyboard which are universally better than anything else. You have acces to more games, better games, more utilities and you can do anything computer related you want on a PC unlike on the console. You dont have to pay an online fee to microsoft or sony on top of internet fee to your ISP to play online.

To sum up, there is no reason outside of console producers holding some intellectual property ransom in order to extort money from you by forcing you to buy the entire gaming system just for one game, to buy a console. And if you stopped allowing that, those games would be right back to the pc, provide better experience in every way and you wouldnt have to buy the outdated junk hardware called consoles...

RIP gaming
    Why? Mind explaining? It's stupid that we're limited to specific brands and hardware. If we all had the same platform we could play anything with each other. there would be no exclusive title for Playstation or such. Would be much better. I'm not talking about the way to play. Like streaming platforms such as Netflix and HBO. They both have some things the other has not which is a major pain for customers since it requires us to pay for the same service twice (one subscription on each platform). I've no idea how this would be possible but I do wish it would happen.
    Well met!
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Why? Mind explaining? It's stupid that we're limited to specific brands and hardware. If we all had the same platform we could play anything with each other. there would be no exclusive title for Playstation or such. Would be much better. I'm not talking about the way to play. Like streaming platforms such as Netflix and HBO. They both have some things the other has not which is a major pain for customers since it requires us to pay for the same service twice (one subscription on each platform). I've no idea how this would be possible but I do wish it would happen.
    I was refering to:

they're even cutting the landline now so we must use wireless instead

Zelda is one of the most loved games in my generation. The new consoles cost a shitton of money(why i dont have one) and i wont buy one for only 1-2 games.

PC as a much wider audience and would reach more people.

The interest is definitely there for Zelda.

Also. Minecraft has sold 28 million copies. Dont act like the pc market isnt bigger then the console market. That makes you seem stupid
    You do realize those 28 million copy's is across many platforms including cell phones and consoles right? The PC market is bigger then the console market, The gaming PC market on the other hand isn't. (To be clear I'm talking about Gaming PC's that can equal the graphic and performance of current gen systems)

Also fucken LOL at consoles costing too much when you would spend more to build a PC that equals a console in both performance and graphics.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-06-07 at 08:54 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You'd think as a game company CEO he would have heard of this thing called latency. Unless they plan on localizing servers in a mesh across the entire world, no amount of streaming is going to make certain types of games acceptable, let alone good to play. Compressing the video stream will add latency and anything over 25ms is more and more noticeable in online games. Not to mention if there are any connectivity issues you might be SOL to play that day, and where are they going to get the bandwidth for millions of people to all stream 2K-4K resolution video for hours?

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    You'd think as a game company CEO he would have heard of this thing called latency.
    You do realize this is the company that released For Honor using Peer 2 Peer as its online setup right? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even know how to spell latency.

Took them like 2 years or whatever it was to finally get actual servers, When the community was demanding them in the Beta.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I was refering to:
    Right. Thanks! :P
    You'd think as a game company CEO he would have heard of this thing called latency. Unless they plan on localizing servers in a mesh across the entire world, no amount of streaming is going to make certain types of games acceptable, let alone good to play. Compressing the video stream will add latency and anything over 25ms is more and more noticeable in online games. Not to mention if there are any connectivity issues you might be SOL to play that day, and where are they going to get the bandwidth for millions of people to all stream 2K-4K resolution video for hours?
    Well, he did talk about improvement so I think he's well aware about latency.
    Well met!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I do think that gaming will inevitably turn away from consoles and to streaming. But I don’t think it’ll be that soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize those 28 million copy's is across many platforms including cell phones and consoles right? The PC market is bigger then the console market, The gaming PC market on the other hand isn't. (To be clear I'm talking about Gaming PC's that can equal the graphic and performance of current gen systems)

Also fucken LOL at consoles costing too much when you would spend more to build a PC that equals a console in both performance and graphics.
    Ofcourse i'd spend more on my pc. Its literally what i work on. The console is ONLY for games. And with shitty graphics i might add. The PC has infinite more usability then the console.

Its like comparing a toy car to a car.

Well, he did talk about improvement so I think he's well aware about latency.
    You can't improve the speed of light. There are physical limitations to how long it takes to send/receive data, and games demand a lot of I/O due to controller inputs. Its not like Netflix where you only deal with the latency for the initial video request and then have it buffered ahead.

Its actually pretty genious. The advatage is that you can basicly play BF1 in full resolution/detail/max graphic settings on your phone.

Reason being its a super computer somewhere else that you lease into that does the heavy lifting while it streams the game to your phone.

You can basicly have a very cheap pc and stream the newest games in the world.

It also means you dont have to upgrade your pc as often if at all.
    - Obviously playing a FPS on a phone would be unpractical input-wise.
    - Playing remotely requires immense bandwidth, low delay and no jitter on your connection, which pretty much means that you have to be wired and have a great ISP ; having Ultra graphics setting server-side is MEANINGLESS if video streamed is lowered to 480p on your terminal due to shitty bandwidth, and even in 1080p many graphic details will be lost due to realtime video encoding
    - Being forced to play remotely pretty much means that whatever you do will be logged on server (nice privacy indeed)
    - Your internet is cut off, no games for u

The downsides start to pile up.
    IMO game streaming is gimmicky at best from player standpoint.

The real motive industry has to move toward streamed gaming is personal data gathering, anti-piracy, and maybe anti-cheating
    Last edited by MrCool; 2018-06-07 at 09:48 AM.

Not a bad theory but i dont think their servers would support 30 to 50m players streaming games (microsoft or sony) people barely get games to run.

So i doubt this gonna happen

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I could see this happening.
    We’ve all but plateaued with regards to graphics, and current processors keep up well with them.
    While the “next-gen is last-gen” is probably early, the premise of streaming games is likely with current trends
    No we haven't plateaued in graphics. Consoles if anything, have hindered the growth of realitic visuals the last several years. Also being locked in at 1080p with 30 FPS limits both the physics and visual aspects of a games animation.

And with shitty graphics i might add.
    Ya real shitty graphic's..... We get it you hate consoles.

You have shown all you can do is shit on consoles and ignore facts so replying to you more then I have is pointless.

To be fair: Its not true full 4 on console. Its like, the menus and some of the textures, etc. And the framerates are low. IMHO framerate > resolution as well, and the console is severely lacking there as well.

To be fair: Its not true full 4 on console. Its like, the menus and some of the textures, etc. And the framerates are low. IMHO framerate > resolution as well, and the console is severely lacking there as well.
    Depends the game and what console. There is some on both that do run full 4K. PS4 Pro does Average 1800p tho and that's nothing to sneeze at. Shadow of War on XboxOne X can hit native 4k and has 4K textures and so does GoW4.