Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Okay so when the fuck is 12 am?
    Midnight.......

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Some dickhat DDoS'd the NA servers day 3ish, but other than that, smooth as butter.
    Honestly....a company as large as Blizzard-Activation being shut down for more than a couple of hours for a DDoS in this day and age is kinda sad.

I'm so glad I didn't book my WoW vacation starting the 14th but a couple days earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Honestly....a company as large as Blizzard-Activation being shut down for more than a couple of hours for a DDoS in this day and age is kinda sad.
    They don't have control over it, it's their ISP being hit so take it up with them, not as easy as you think. And it wasn't "shut down" anyway, it was slightly more laggy than usual for a couple of hours until whoever it was got bored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Midnight?

12 PM is Midday.

It's basic time.
    Most countries have a population who can count to 24 without difficulty so it's not basic time to dumb it down in the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardprime View Post
    Most countries have a population who can count to 24 without difficulty so it's not basic time to dumb it down in the rest of the world.
    And most countries use both 24 and 12 hour time formats. My digital watch is a 12 hour format because I've gotten so used to it over the years and because I think 23:59 is silly.

When you ask someone for the time they don't go "it's 23:59 in the evening". Because it sounds moronic.

00:00 is Midnight on a 24 hour clock.

12:00 am is Midnight on a 12 hour clock.

Basic maths.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean for once we might have an actual world first to 120 race *GASP*

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    You mean for once we might have an actual world first to 120 race *GASP*
    People still act like those matter?

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Okay so when the fuck is 12 am?
    Based on London release time, they mean midnight.
    Guess they never heard of 24h notation to avoid any confusion (America always wants to be weird like their metric system). I was just looking it up with google, most sites even advise to never use 12:00 PM/AM
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There's this thing called 'The International Dateline'. Right now, at certain parts of the world, it's technically 'tomorrow'.
    I'm aware of the international date line. The graphic was incorrect and said Tuesday was the 13th and Wednesday was the 14th - that's been corrected now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Nice to see EU getting screwed again. Cant NA get the midnight release while EU getting the 4PM? Ofc not.
    Yeah, how dare a company based in the United States do stuff based on U.S. time zones!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Based on London release time, they mean midnight.
    Guess they never heard of 24h notation to avoid any confusion (America always wants to be weird like their metric system). I was just looking it up with google, most sites even advise to never use 12:00 PM/AM
    Of course they bloody have.

12:00 am has always been midnight if you go by the 12 hour system.

It really doesn't matter whether your watch says "23:59 or 11:59 PM". It's the same damn time regardless.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 06:28 PM.

Yay!!! 6PM Launch for me!!

12AM in EU, I hate midnight launches :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Yay!!! 6PM Launch for me!!
    Glad I am not hyped, or even going to play, because that 6PM wait is for the birds.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jueles View Post
    Oh wow. Usually I'm logging in at 3 a.m, this is a whole 9 hours earlier to log in! Everybody will be on, discord will be buzzing! Dungeons can be run with guildies. It will be an interesting time!
    yeah idk how i feel about it.
    6pm for me means 6 hours before my normal sleeping time, however with 4 am i was normally just ok wake up 5 hours earlier, then i get atleast a super long ass time.
    i can sleep till like 5 but then my schedule is fuckt but we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

12:00 am has always been midnight if you go by the 12 hour system.
    Which is a big "if" for an international post that concerns a whole lot of countries that don't use a 12-hour system.

Also, for people saying "it's logical": no it isn't. Using 12 instead of 0? Sure, why not. But then it would be at least as logical to not switch am/pm. Days would go from 1am to 12am then from 1pm to 12pm. After 12:59pm, it's 1am. Instead of going from 12 am 1 am and then all the way to 11am.
    I'm sure there are reasons for why it is how it is, but things could certainly be different and it's pretty arrogant to assume people not used to 12-hour systems are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Glad I am not hyped, or even going to play, because that 6PM wait is for the birds.
    Better than the 3AM I've had forever.

Least it won't be horrendous as FF14 Stormbloods launch. Where one story instance was getting piled on so hard that some servers had to form a line.

Not to mention most of the dungeon queues taking forever because most people were levelling the new jobs through Palace of the Dead.

Uhm... Legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    There was no server issues in EU when Legion launched or barely any atleast.
    You know aside from heavy DDoS(https://venturebeat.com/2016/08/30/c...h-ddos-attack/) and several players not able to pick up the first quest to get to their class halls and pick up their first artifact.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.