Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh man. Only next week left for this season, and it'll be a double episode!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh man. Only next week left for this season, and it'll be a double episode!
    Cool!

I'm not very happy about the latest episode though. I was waiting on Holden to give us secrets of the universe, but he spent the whole episode napping.

Love Drummer, and Ashford. Obviously issues are going to happen in the future it looks like between the two. But the two work well off each other in representing how different the Belters look at things and contrasting viewpoints.

I'm glad I gave this show another chance. First time around I couldn't get into it and quit after 5 episodes, but season 1 turns out better than I expected. Looking forward to the rest of the show. I mean it's not perfect by any means but I like the setting and the story they've set up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    I'm glad I gave this show another chance. First time around I couldn't get into it and quit after 5 episodes, but season 1 turns out better than I expected. Looking forward to the rest of the show. I mean it's not perfect by any means but I like the setting and the story they've set up so far.
    Yeah, it's only getting better. It's rare, so many promising shows fade off into mediocrity by season 2/3.

Awesome, I'm very glad they kept Ashford and Drummer/"Bull" alive, they're fan favorites after all.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-06-28 at 11:54 AM.

Now I see why everyone's been saying the first three seasons have simply been the prologue. Holy shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna watch the last 2 episodes now.

I am not sure why SYFY was gonna cancel The Expanse. Not enought viewers?
    I'm looking at IMDB rating of each S3 episode and they are almost all 9+
    Ep1 - 9.1
    Ep2 - 9.2
    Ep3 - 9.1
    Ep4 - 9.1
    Ep5 - 9.6
    Ep6 - 9.7
    Ep7 - 9.0
    Ep8 - 9.5
    Ep9 - 8.8
    Ep10 - 9.3
    Ep11 - 8.9
    Ep12 - 9.5
    Ep13 - 9.8
    Which tv show has a whole season of so highly rated episodes?
    What this is telling me is that viewers love this show. But if there are not enough viewers then there's something else wrong, like advertising the show, which is not really the creators fault, right?

Always remember, never chase after a ships engineer. Bad things can and will happen to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Awesome, I'm very glad they kept Ashford and Drummer/"Bull" alive, they're fan favorites after all.
    The thing I love about this show is that Ashford, actually did a competent job. He worked with what he had, and had to make the call. And it wasn't necessarily wrong either because he didn't have all the facts. But the facts he did have he had to make a judgement call. And Drummer is awesome!. She is probably the toughest Women I have seen in a long time in any type of tv show/movie. Nothing keeps her down =D
    Last edited by Wermys; 2018-06-28 at 08:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, the ending turned this show into Stargate show

So all Miller wants is to find whoever destroyed the civilization that destroyed his (protomolecule's) creators?
    Is this part of the book or something entirely new? I mean, by shutting down the reactor they basically opened 1300 gates to other parts of the galaxy/universe (don't remember which it is). If each gate is 1 episode, this could be a very, very long running show.
    Sure we were given hints, but damn, this show just turned 180 degrees. No more Èarth vs Mars vs Belters, or at least not in the same intensity, it will be more of a side thing now, I think. And I kinda prefer it this way as I always loved Star Trek more than Star Wars because Star Trek (and the tv show I named earlier, Stargate) is about exploration while Star Wars is a fantasy in space drama about warring factions, kinda like The Expanse in the first (3?) seasons. Although I think The Expanse did this better than Star Wars, sorry SW lovers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Damn, the ending turned this show into Stargate show

So all Miller wants is to find whoever destroyed the civilization that destroyed his (protomolecule's) creators?
    Is this part of the book or something entirely new? I mean, by shutting down the reactor they basically opened 1300 gates to other parts of the galaxy/universe (don't remember which it is). If each gate is 1 episode, this could be a very, very long running show.
    Sure we were given hints, but damn, this show just turned 180 degrees. No more Èarth vs Mars vs Belters, or at least not in the same intensity, it will be more of a side thing now, I think. And I kinda prefer it this way as I always loved Star Trek more than Star Wars because Star Trek (and the tv show I named earlier, Stargate) is about exploration while Star Wars is a fantasy in space drama about warring factions, kinda like The Expanse in the first (3?) seasons. Although I think The Expanse did this better than Star Wars, sorry SW lovers
    Yea its part of the book

next book =
    The gates have opened the way to thousands of habitable planets, and the land rush has begun. Settlers stream out from humanity's home planets in a vast, poorly controlled flood, landing on a new world. Among them, the Rocinante, haunted by the vast, posthuman network of the protomolecule as they investigate what destroyed the great intergalactic society that built the gates and the protomolecule.

But Holden and his crew must also contend with the growing tensions between the settlers and the company which owns the official claim to the planet. Both sides will stop at nothing to defend what's theirs, but soon a terrible disease strikes and only Holden – with help from the ghostly Detective Miller – can find the cure.

id be suprised if they dont do the next 2 books in 1 series

this could end up with aa GOT the series catching the books though..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Yea its part of the book

next book =
    The gates have opened the way to thousands of habitable planets, and the land rush has begun. Settlers stream out from humanity's home planets in a vast, poorly controlled flood, landing on a new world. Among them, the Rocinante, haunted by the vast, posthuman network of the protomolecule as they investigate what destroyed the great intergalactic society that built the gates and the protomolecule.

But Holden and his crew must also contend with the growing tensions between the settlers and the company which owns the official claim to the planet. Both sides will stop at nothing to defend what's theirs, but soon a terrible disease strikes and only Holden – with help from the ghostly Detective Miller – can find the cure.

id be suprised if they dont do the next 2 books in 1 series

this could end up with aa GOT the series catching the books though..
    I should really get the books.
    Although I think reading the books often ruins the tv version of it because people nitpick about things that didn't happen in the book. I don't want to become like that because I love the tv version of The Expanse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    No the networks are just fucking dumb thats all They dont care what the viewers like and strangely rely on the same thing they did in the 80ies -> Nielson which is in itself complete Bullocks in a global world....
    The problem is Nielsen rating, like less than 100k households have it on like 160 million households, no wonder they cancel good shows all the time.

Maybe I missed something, but did they ever explain why Melba had super strength and tried to setup Holden? I thought I watched every episode, but the her whole shtick came out of left field unless my on demand messed up and cut like some time of out the beginning or end of an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but did they ever explain why Melba had super strength and tried to setup Holden? I thought I watched every episode, but the her whole shtick came out of left field unless my on demand messed up and cut like some time of out the beginning or end of an episode.
    They don't explain it in the TV series, but you get this snippet: https://i.redd.it/2cu766c0wo611.png
    In the books it's an illegal military implant that extremely boosts her strength and time perception for a short period of time, at the cost of making her disoriented and emotionally unstable right after.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-06-29 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BEST science fiction show EVER!!!!!!

My god the finale was awesome!!
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

What this is telling me is that viewers love this show. But if there are not enough viewers then there's something else wrong, like advertising the show, which is not really the creators fault, right?
    I think it was earlier in this thread someone mentioned that SyFy fucked up the royalties and were only getting paid per initial viewing (or something like that). So even though it had decent viewers and great ratings they weren't getting enough cash for it.

I'd be interested to see what they do with the next book as (IMO) it's by far the weakest in the series. It really doesn't fit that well (it's almost a standalone). But does have some crucial ongoing parts. They might ram it into a couple of episodes. Then it gets EVEN BETTER!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I'd be interested to see what they do with the next book as (IMO) it's by far the weakest in the series. It really doesn't fit that well (it's almost a standalone). But does have some crucial ongoing parts. They might ram it into a couple of episodes. Then it gets EVEN BETTER!
    I do expect the next part to be quite different considering it revealed such a turnaround. I'm looking forward to see what the even better thing is. Since the gates remind me of Stargate, the baddies will probably be a slightly different version of Borg

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They don't explain it in the TV series, but you get this snippet: https://i.redd.it/2cu766c0wo611.png
    In the books it's an illegal military implant that extremely boosts her strength and time perception for a short period of time, at the cost of making her disoriented and emotionally unstable right after.
    appreciate the info - thanks!

I do expect the next part to be quite different considering it revealed such a turnaround. I'm looking forward to see what the even better thing is. Since the gates remind me of Stargate, the baddies will probably be a slightly different version of Borg
    Do not reveal my spoiler tag unless you like reading stuff in advance.

I haven't seen season 3 yet (gotta wait for Netflix), but at least so far in the books the only glimpse of the "big bad" comes in the form of either an object that defies the laws of physics and almost doesn't exist (probably gonna happen in season 4), or in the form of disappearing ships which get disassembled into atoms (along with the crew) during gate travel (maybe it was introduced already, but will get developed during/after season 4).

The latest book also introduced the renegade "Martian" colonies, and some of those people are definitely not just human anymore. I mean, they're not even flying in normal ships anymore. And the shit they attracted is definitely not good.
    So yeah, the books have their ups and downs (just like the show), but it's definitely an interesting ride.

Oh, and the poster you were quoting said that in his opinion book 4 is the weakest of the bunch. And it really does feel very different since they're visiting a new settled world, there is only the minimum of communication with the Sol system or the gateway station, but hot damn it did a really good job showcasing that the dangers on those new planets do not have to be visible at all. And the ones that are the most visible you won't even notice. So you're double screwed! Plus the ending was pretty good. Not gonna spoil that.

Edit #1: added some more stuff.
    Last edited by Diaspar; 2018-06-29 at 03:17 PM.