Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I killed in back in March - so before this nerf and the small HP nerf a while back, can't remember if there were nerfs before then - and I'm fine with the current design of starting out harder and nerfing later. If you get there early, you get more of a challenge. If you get there later, you get some help so it's not a brick wall that makes you quit. Fine by me. Plus as a bonus, now our alts can kill it for extra mounts. It does kinda suck for the guilds that had extremely low wipes pre nerf and would have gotten it in another week or two, but that will happen to someone no matter when they time the nerf.
    depending on your setup the chainfix is quite the "nerf" aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we had over 700 wipes on M Argus and threw in the towel. On a raiding break until BFA. We did kill M Archimonde with a lot less wipes last expansion so I guess M Argus does seem to be a tad harder compared to Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's more of a "last chance sale" of cutting edge, pre patch is already on the PTR and will be here within few weeks. It wasn't "desperately needed" (as in the title of this thread) however it's a nice gesture from Blizzard for the guilds that are nearly there, but not there yet.

It's not gonna make it a pug loot pinata what OP of this thread wished.

It helps guilds do the last push though.

At the time of me writing this we had over 1200 guilds kill it, so it's already much better than KJ even after all his nerfs.
    My guild has been working on Argus for a month or so, about 500 pulls into him and we’re pushing our way through P3 but by bit. This nerf helped us push P1 without needing a lust. The rage and fear nerds help us not die as fast too. Again, really helpful on P3 especially

The rage and fear damage reduction isn't that important anyway. Reducing the chain damage would've been a complete gamechanger though. The HP reduction should be enough anyway, as this is the second HP nerf this boss has seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The rage and fear damage reduction isn't that important anyway. Reducing the chain damage would've been a complete gamechanger though. The HP reduction should be enough anyway, as this is the second HP nerf this boss has seen.
    ýou dont die to chains itself.
    you die to healers having to waste stuff on high stacks etc or stacks while chains are up.

4heal + this nerf is a huge help for the guilds trying currently.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The raid is already perfectly puggable in 2,5 hours. This nerf doesnt make sense.
    Feel free to stop posting if you are just going to spew nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Feel free to stop posting if you are just going to spew nonsense.
    I think it's his favourite hobby unfortunately judging from his other thread:
    So CoD is coming and token prices are going to be over million. Soon everyone will have 2m+ gold for 40euros and flasks etc will cost 10x they did during the start of expansion. So we who will NOT use real money to buy wow gold are going to be in trouble.

What will Blizzard do when 90% of playerbase are going to have 3m+ gold and everything will be expensive?
    You can safely ignore it, overexaggeration seems to be the theme here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A single fear/rage does more damage per second than one broken chain, it's 800k dps vs 750k dps. Having a single stack on top of double chains means you need to heal 4600k every two seconds instead of just 3000. That's 53% extra - not to mention it's way over 50% of people's health. Post nerf, it will be 4360k. Might not seem like much, but that's 240k across several people, more if you include double stacks. Plus it helps with things like Velen overheal redirect or just making sure people are topped off before chains break. It's the exact type of change that was needed on this fight. You rarely get some brutal overkills from chains, it's usually people getting softened up by rage/fear and then missing few hundred thousand hp.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    A single fear/rage does more damage per second than one broken chain, it's 800k dps vs 750k dps. Having a single stack on top of double chains means you need to heal 4600k every two seconds instead of just 3000. That's 53% extra - not to mention it's way over 50% of people's health. Post nerf, it will be 4360k. Might not seem like much, but that's 240k across several people, more if you include double stacks. Plus it helps with things like Velen overheal redirect or just making sure people are topped off before chains break. It's the exact type of change that was needed on this fight. You rarely get some brutal overkills from chains, it's usually people getting softened up by rage/fear and then missing few hundred thousand hp.
    This. What kills you in phase 3 isn't the chains, unless you handle them very badly. It's the chains + stacks wombo combo. Nerfing stacks also makes the rest of the encounter a bit easier. I'd say it is a good nerf.

If you get a divorce or quit your job, just to be able to play an online game, you need to seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'm just talking from the perspective of the demolition the third chains used to cause. They were a breaking point for many guilds, which - once they overcame it - saw them reach the kill.

While they do less, they come at a pretty much critical point due to all the stacks already applied. At least I felt like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid is already perfectly puggable in 2,5 hours. This nerf doesnt make sense.
    Hahahahahahaha oh God my sides.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just talking from the perspective of the demolition the third chains used to cause. They were a breaking point for many guilds, which - once they overcame it - saw them reach the kill.

While they do less, they come at a pretty much critical point due to all the stacks already applied. At least I felt like this.
    It still comes down to stacks. If people are well spread and you only get a couple of debuffs, it's much easier to survive. You can focus your big single target burst heals on select few players, without falling behind on general raid healing.

It's simple math, really. A player can survive two hits of unhealed double chain damage, since it's only 6 millions before reductions. That gives people 4 seconds to heal them. However, with just a single stack of fear/rage, second hit will be lethal and you'll take more damage in 2 seconds than you would in 4.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Probably should just get better. We've had Mythic Argus down for 4 months now. Everyone has the mount, and we've been selling it.
    Did you kill it with 15 people? 4 months = about 16 weeks, so to get it to "everyone" and start selling you have to have 15 people in your roster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Did you kill it with 15 people? 4 months = about 16 weeks, so to get it to "everyone" and start selling you have to have 15 people in your roster.
    or you have people playing alts in different runs and therefor need less mounts.
    if you have 2-3 of those 4 full months is fine to get it for everyone.

OP, you seem to be under the impression that WoW has the same amount of subs now as it did 2 years ago.

That's the one thing that could easily explain the disparity.

I had this problem the last time I tried PuGing Antorus, actually. All I did is title my raid "Mythic Antorus 970+ PROS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!" I had so many players from Method trying to join my PuG that I had to take it out of the group finder and resorted to using trade channel so I wouldn't clear the instance too easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    I had this problem the last time I tried PuGing Antorus, actually. All I did is title my raid "Mythic Antorus 970+ PROS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!" I had so many players from Method trying to join my PuG that I had to take it out of the group finder and resorted to using trade channel so I wouldn't clear the instance too easily.
    You win the internet../Thread
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Not everyone that was in for the kill was a raider rank. So yeah, we've been doing sales the past 5-6 weeks. Good try though!

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Not everyone that was in for the kill was a raider rank. So yeah, we've been doing sales the past 5-6 weeks. Good try though!
    Nice guild, "oh you were a trial when we killed the boss? even though you passed the trial and stayed with us, no mount for you, ever, better get those millions for gbank, cha-ching!" Sat out players that were on standby I bet don't count either?