10+ Year Old Account
    I could see 30 being fair. 40 imo is too high, but not totally unreasonable. Anything more than 40 is just idiotic. Its a very small scale game compared to modern AAA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I could see 30 being fair. 40 imo is too high, but not totally unreasonable. Anything more than 40 is just idiotic. Its a very small scale game compared to modern AAA games.
    Games aren't priced on their budget, they are priced on what they think people will pay for it and what will generate the most profit. When you see Captain Toad at $40 instead of the full $60 like DKCTF it's because Nintendo research is telling them they will generate more revenue with CT at $40 then $60, and the opposite for DKCTF.

So yea, expect more $60 games that shouldn't be $60 on Switch if Switch owners continue to buy games of all kinds at full $60 price tags because that is what they are showing generates the most revenue. If Nintendo publishes the western release of TWEWY prepare for it to be $60 forever lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't buy something outrageously priced unless its one of my favorite franchises. And even then I'll bitch all the way.

That's great, but you're just a single statistic.

Basic math on say a $40 vs $60 price tag on the game.

If 1 in 4 people decide to not buy the game because it was priced at $60, they still generate the same revenue had it been $40.

If 1 in 5 people decide to not buy the game because it was priced at $60, they have already started to generate more revenue then they would have at $40.

This is the reality when you're looking at Switch game prices and why they are the way they are. If people wouldn't pay the "Switch tax" it would go away, but they are paying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this game came out on switch:
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

But you can also play it via PC....for a while now.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...imosa_of_DANA/

Nintendo Switch

NA: June 26, 2018
    JP: June 28, 2018
    PAL: June 29, 2018

Yeh people are comparing it to xenoblade, but from what i hear it was worse grafic in docked mode, but more smooth combat system.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Is this YVIII post the "holy shit what did we do" complete retranslation after the infamous "me make a poo-poo" original translation that was universally called a shitshow? because i love me some Ys but good god did that translation look shit tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Pretty much true. The sp is like 3 hours long. It's basically a tutorial as predicted and bowser jr has no downsides and can cover the entire stage instantly. On top of the online we'll have to pay for still being complete garbage.

The game is meh and lacks basic features. The game is pretty much the trash wiiu one but with an expansion
    Yeah i was super excited for another camleot mario sports rpg but i borrowed it from a friend and its really not good. Control wise it was bland and just made me want to play ARMS, the visuals are way oversaturated compared to MK8D and the 'story' was a huge let down. Glad i saved my money for Octopath Traveller instead as thats looking like the first good jrpg since P5.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-being-pirated

Nintendo Switch piracy firmware uses 'brick code' to prevent itself from being pirated
    Security researcher kills own console.
    It's been revealed that the piracy-enabling firmware recently launched for Nintendo Switch contains 'brick code' that can render the device inoperable, designed to stop it from being copied - a somewhat ironic state of affairs. Security researcher Mike Heskin took to Twitter to reveal the findings of his analysis of Team Xecutor's 'SX OS' custom firmware. It's a software patch for the Switch's operating system, released in tandem with a hardware dongle that opens the door to running unsigned code - ie homebrew - but also enables copied games to run.

So why wilfully introduce code into the firmware that can render the device useless? As Heskin points out, this is actually nothing new - a 3DS hack did exactly the same thing. Hardware-based hacks can be easily cloned (indeed, 'open source' piracy-free Switch hacks based on the same exploit are already available) and Team Xecutor's proprietary work comes in the way it has adjusted Switch's OS to allow copied software to run. Heskin says that he actually bricked his own console - deliberately - during his research, presumably to see what Team Xecutor's countermeasures actually do.

The bricking code is designed to halt users - or more likely, Xecutor's rivals - looking to reverse-engineer and copy the piracy-enabling portions of the firmware. In normal usage, it should sit in the background and not do anything, though Heskin reckons there's a very small chance that users of the firmware could accidentally trigger the code. In this scenario, Switch's 32GB of NAND memory is locked based on a dynamically generated password created by the brick code, making the console useless. Only by reflashing the NAND externally can the console be restored - hardly an easy task.
    The launch of Team Xecutor's custom firmware has been met with some controversy, with users pointing out that the piracy functions don't work on all titles. Meanwhile, other reverse-engineering work has revealed that every physical and digital release for Switch has a unique serial number, meaning that copied versions with the same ID will be easily detectable by Nintendo if you take a hacked console online with a pirate game.

However, in the here and now, Team Xecutor itself says that the firmware is safe and that it has not had one single report of its code causing issues. The drama continues to unfold, however, with Mike Heskin suggesting that TX is using open source code from other Switch exploits (which do not support piracy) in its monetised product. It's a scenario that usually motivates other hackers to reverse-engineer the paid-for software and to give it away for free.

The current Switch exploit is based on a hardware-based vulnerability that Nintendo cannot patch without releasing a new version of the console, meaning that the battle to keep piracy off the system and to ensure that online gaming remains secure will be waged in the software space. Nintendo has already issued bans to hackers experimenting with compromised consoles, but a firmware update to patch up its OS hasn't happened - yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My Nephew just asked what Crash Bandicoot is.....

Ima go buy him that damn game for XB1 tomorrow. And give him one of my PS1s with the original trilogy. And CTR and Bash.

These darn kids today.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-28 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    My Nephew just asked what Crash Bandicoot is.....

Ima go buy him that damn game for XB1 tomorrow. And give him one of my PS1s with the original trilogy. And CTR and Bash.

These darn kids today.
    LOL.

Now I feel a bit old thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Something just crossed my mind.

In the future Monster Hunter Worlds will be on the Switch, As a Cloud Game.

LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So basically TX being pieces of shit. That's hardly new or surprising tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am just posting to say I posted on page 1000. Have a nice day babes.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I am just posting to say I posted on page 1000. Have a nice day babes.
    I was literally coming back here each new post to try to find something to respond to just so I can post on the 1000th page while being relevant still.

You're bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

LOL.
    Don't jinx it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I was literally coming back here each new post to try to find something to respond to just so I can post on the 1000th page while being relevant still.

You're bold.

Don't jinx it.
    Im a trend setter. Fufufu

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im a trend setter. Fufufu
    inb4 I delete a bunch of posts to kick out your post
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, when are we getting access to all the Nintendo classics and shit? I had like 20+ old school Nintendo/SNES games (side scrolling platformers) on my Wii U and I'd like to be able to play them as they're the only game my wife enjoys.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    So, when are we getting access to all the Nintendo classics and shit? I had like 20+ games (side scrolling platformers) on my Wii U and I'd like to be able to play them as they're like the only game my wife enjoys.
    The sub fee launches in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

LOL.
    It would be funny but nah. Based off what capcom said at their financials I expect them to go back to the "Console version" and "Portable Version" for future MH. Not necessarily same game on Switch as XBO/PS4/PC but close enough while being made with the switch in mind.

So like MH1 on PS2 and MHF on PSP
    MH2 on PS2 and MHF2 on PSP
    MH3 on wii and MHP3rd on PSP

I expect a similar situation to that for the next MH game, the big MHW sequel on PS/XB/PC and a built from the ground up portable version using the same gameplay model for Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    So, when are we getting access to all the Nintendo classics and shit? I had like 20+ old school Nintendo/SNES games (side scrolling platformers) on my Wii U and I'd like to be able to play them as they're the only game my wife enjoys.
    As in play your Wii U purchases on the Switch?

Likely never. Even if it happens they would make you pay an "upgrade fee" like they did to transfer VC titles from Wii -> Wii U. But since there isn't going to be a VC on the Switch, and they're pushing their retro titles in the online sub service that's probably not happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    inb4 I delete a bunch of posts to kick out your post
    You wanna post battle? Its awn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I believe MS is looking into copying that system and implementing a rewards for achievement points as well. Keeping up with the Jones's and all that.
    MS already does that, but you have to have a TON of Achievement points. My buddy is in the top tier and MS gives him discounts on stuff and he gets to go to E3 and stuff like that. He got his XBONE X for like 150$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    As in play your Wii U purchases on the Switch?

Likely never. Even if it happens they would make you pay an "upgrade fee" like they did to transfer VC titles from Wii -> Wii U. But since there isn't going to be a VC on the Switch, and they're pushing their retro titles in the online sub service that's probably not happening.
    Well, that's garbage customer relations. I sold my Wii U thinking they'd eventually carry over VC to Switch, like they did from Wii to Wii U. I don't mind an upgrade fee, but having all those games gone forever would be shitty. I've been telling my wife for like a year, that Nintendo surely will bring the VC over soon and we'd be able to play.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect