Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I didn't do the artifact quest...

I've received enough feedback on my topic and it's not useful anymore to receive replies of the kind I've already responded to

Feel free to read my replies.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-07-05 at 06:12 PM.

Are you complaining that your artifact weapon is now too powerful? I'm so confused....

Well look at it like this your artifact is gonna be drained of its power soon so its not like you are that much at a disadvantage.

knowledge is power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Are you complaining that your artifact weapon is now too powerful? I'm so confused....
    I'm trialing in a guild doing Mythic Argus where everyone else has the buff and I didn't. I'm wondering why Blizzard just expected people to know that doing this quest is a massive buff (mandatory) and not just another quest. Like I said, I browse mmo champ all the time but obviously I missed this info. Some people don't even look at sites, so how will they know it's a powerup and not just a random quest?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

so I just learned that doing the artifact quest where you absorb the power of sargeras' sword into your artifact affects character power. What the hell, Blizzard? I thought it was just a normal quest. Sure, it's my fault for not double-checking, but not everyone that plays wow even checks mmo-champion or wowhead.

Shouldn't they have mentioned this in-game atleast with a ' [This quest affects character performance] '?

I've done so much Atbt and M+ without this buff...
    No, they should not.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omfg fu blizz my character got stronger how dare u

People usually don't ignore a quest when it pops up upon login, voice acted and all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm trialing in a guild doing Mythic Argus where everyone else has the buff and I didn't. I'm wondering why Blizzard just expected people to know that doing this quest is a massive buff (mandatory) and not just another quest. Like I said, I browse mmo champ all the time but obviously I missed this info. Some people don't even look at sites, so how will they know it's a powerup and not just a random quest?
    They don't expect you to know, but they kinda do expect people to do the quest. Besides, limited story quests tend to have unique rewards.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Honestly if you're raiding on that level you should be following the updates, especially the imporatnt ones.

5+ Year Old Account
    I thought something was fishy when i logged in and tried to get into one of those Argus 1-shot groups. Was getting outclassed by every healer in the grp. Only got the quest when i relogged lol.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i mean its not like the quest pops up with voice acting after u login , the fact that there is a quest in the zone where fucking sargeras swords is stuck and the fact that it was featured in the fucking battle.net launcher for weeks .. u must have tried really hard to avoid that

Aaaaah - makes sense now. There was no real in-game info to let you know that you would get an uber buff by doing this quest.

Well, many people claim that Blizz makes WoW too much like a theme park and there is no real discovery. So, consider this a hidden bonus

That's what you get for not paying attention I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    That's what you get for not paying attention I guess
    Paying attention to what, though? Again, it's a minority that even check fansites. If someone only plays the game and it just so happens they don't feel like doing a quest then they won't know. I'd be willing to bet there's many, many, people that haven't got the buff.

Just trying to work out what you're complaining about?

1. You've not logged off since the quest was turned on - Not Blizzard's fault.
    2. You've completely ignored the fully voiced, pop up quest on your screen - Not Blizzard's fault.
    3. You're raiding in a 10/11 Mythic guild and you don't keep yourself up to date with upcoming changes - Not Blizzard's fault.

So which one is it?
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2018-07-05 at 05:36 PM.

Paying attention to what, though? Again, it's a minority that even check fansites. If someone only plays the game and it just so happens they don't feel like doing a quest then they won't know. I'd be willing to bet there's many, many, people that haven't got the buff.
    You claim to be trialing for a guild that does Mythic Argus.
    Your excuse that you do not need to be informed about the game is invalid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riain ED View Post
    Just trying to work out what you're complaining about?

1. You've not logged off since the quest was turned on - Not Blizzard's fault.
    2. You've completely ignored the fully voiced, pop up quest on your screen - Not Blizzard's fault.
    3. You're raiding in a 10/11 Mythic guild and you don't keep yourself up to date with news - Not Blizzard's fault.

So which one is it?
    3. Except I'm stopped raiding about a month before the quest was released. Instead of taking a break until BFA I decided to continue raiding with a new guild. I was vaugley aware of the quest and what it involved but somehow I missed the power the massive character power aspect.

I agree it's my fault for not doing the quest, but I still stand by my frustration at the weird lack of communication considering this buff is basically mandatory.

3. Except I'm stopped raiding about a month before the quest was released. Instead of taking a break until BFA I decided to continue raiding with a new guild. I was vaugley aware of the quest and what it involved but somehow I missed the power the massive character power aspect.

I agree it's my fault for not doing the quest, but I still stand by my frustration at the weird lack of communication considering this buff is basically mandatory.
    There is nothing mandatory about it. All content in the game can and has been completed without it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    People who play the game more than you know more about it than you, who would have had guessed