Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them have back stories HM goes way back Sundering same goes with Shal'dorei. Both allied races focuses on antiquity while on the other hand LFD and VE pushes the story to the future and mostly spacey/outworldy/futuristic.

on the other hand Maghar orcs have their story in a back to the future treatment similar to the alliance counter part while DiD story is dealing with the past- reuniting DI as a whole, deal with Ragnaros ress, possible Grim Batol story arc, etc

Telogrus rift perhaps is just one of the dimension that was recently discovered and perhaps there are other more places as a wake of destruction left by the void. I firmly believe we will see more of their place and their design/architecture/aesthetics near future probably during N'Zoth/old gods/Void Lord chapter of BfA or future expansion and explore more void consumed planet/places. Who knows what world they could discover where void plants and trees which learned to survive and adapt in the coldness and darkness similar to the depths or abyss down the ocean.

Looking forward to Forasken+Blood elven mix for their architecture. light blue -pink flames from candles and chandeliers or lanterns. Ashen gray woodworks. Navy blue to Deep purple paint job.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-11 at 05:22 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=285380/s...rf-allied-race

Dark Irons get Shadowforge City as their capital. How freaking awesome is that? Yes I know the textures are old in there. But theres something AWESOME about having such a classic dungeon as one of your capitals / friendly area. Probably the coolest and bigger Allied Race hub so far too.

Meanwhile Mag'har don't even have their own racial hub. The only Allied race with NO HUB! Do you know what they get??? An already existing outpost in Orgrimmar....they just replace some Orgrimmar orcs with like 15 Mag'har npcs in there and call it a day......behold :

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285485/m...t-in-orgrimmar

What is this Blizzard.....why? Is it so hard to make a single unique Iron Horde building inside Orgrimmar (or in any random Horde area near Orgrimmar really who cares about the location) instead of this abomination? How is this fair for the Horde?
    What did Void Elves get? What did Lightforged get? Nothing, that's what. Get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    My guess is that Blizzard just ran out of time for release, so they went with the quickest cheapest option possible.
    While I'm never in agreement with people who argue that Blizz take the cheapest/lazy route on things - I do think your right about the quickest. Blizz seemed to have a last minute allied race line up change, with Zandalari and Mag'har swapping places.

While we can't be certain why this was, it's almost certainly the reason Mag'har has a subpar hub.

I'm still of the opinion that hubs are little more than basic class flavor though, as we literally use them to spawn into, and go back for heritage armor. Also, this whole business with Nightborne and Suramar is a bit over the top. Their actual hub is just a janky slice of outdoor area near the nightwell.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    While I'm never in agreement with people who argue that Blizz take the cheapest/lazy route on things - I do think your right about the quickest.
    Remember when they gave up on Karabor and Bladespire?

BfA development cycle is on a very tight schedule, and frankly, allied race hubs are far from priorities. Blizzard probably needed to trim up some stuff so the patch comes out in time, and I guess mag'har had its original hub idea cut out because of that.

Shadowforge is available because it was ready since vanilla. They just trimmed portions of the instance by putting locked doors, then filled it with some NPCs. There's very little flavor/details in it that weren't there for years.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-07-11 at 05:47 PM.
    Whatever...

Dark Irons get Shadowforge City as their capital. How freaking awesome is that? Yes I know the textures are old in there. But theres something AWESOME about having such a classic dungeon as one of your capitals / friendly area. Probably the coolest and bigger Allied Race hub so far too.

Meanwhile Mag'har don't even have their own racial hub. The only Allied race with NO HUB! Do you know what they get??? An already existing outpost in Orgrimmar....they just replace some Orgrimmar orcs with like 15 Mag'har npcs in there and call it a day......behold :

What is this Blizzard.....why? Is it so hard to make a single unique Iron Horde building inside Orgrimmar (or in any random Horde area near Orgrimmar really who cares about the location) instead of this abomination? How is this fair for the Horde?
    I don't care about the base, what i care about is mag'har have 1 less racial and 2 less classes....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What did Void Elves get? What did Lightforged get? Nothing, that's what. Get over it.
    Don't they both have their own hubs?

Anyway, Horde players let's not turn this around and whine every time Alliance gets something and Horde doesn't, they came from Draenor, maybe in a few patches they establish some kind of extra settlement for them, but right now they are kind of like refugees so it makes sense they don't have an hub/city yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Remember when they gave up on Karabor and Bladespire?
    #neverforget

I think thats a good example of what happened here tbh. They were up against a deadline with an unexpected change and had to get janky with it. And to be honest, if it meant that extra time went into the Mag'har design, then I'm fine with it - Because I've yet to hear a person complain about how Mag'har look and play

In the case of Karabor/Bladespire, one assumes their underestimation of the work garrisons required sent them to the chopping block.
    Here is something to believe in!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Don't they both have their own hubs?

Anyway, Horde players let's not turn this around and whine every time Alliance gets something and Horde doesn't, they came from Draenor, maybe in a few patches they establish some kind of extra settlement for them, but right now they are kind of like refugees so it makes sense they don't have an hub/city yet.
    Their little starting zones you mean? I guess.
    So what could the Mag'har possible get apart from a district in Orgimmar? There's absolutely no connection to Azeroth for the Mag'har apart from the other orcs, so it makes sense they'd be there.

Aren't they mainly nomads? And don't they have their little arrangement of huts somewhere in the dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Elderwolf View Post
    I don't care about the base, what i care about is mag'har have 1 less racial and 2 less classes....
    The classes will probably be balanced when Kul Tirans and Zandalari come out. I'm expecting zandalari to have way more classes than kul tirans.

But you are right about the racials. All mag'har racials need to be revised.
    Whatever...

yeah i know how DARE blizz give the alliance something and the horde nothing....it's not like the horde has ever gotten favoritism or cool shit and the alliance has gotten nothing....oh wait, i forgot you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

and as someone said earlier, the dark iron dwarves have already been living in the mountain for centuries, the reskinned...i mean mag'har are refugees....what did you expect?
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    So what could the Mag'har possible get apart from a district in Orgimmar? .
    they don't get a district, they get a single building, no, they didn't even get that at all, they just replaced some orcs there to maghar orcs

we all would be perfectly fine with a district, with a few buildings, not too fancy or elaborated

the horde had many places outside orgrimmar

and they could have underhold beneath orgrimmar who could be perfect

what blizzard did is just retarded

If the other hubs are like the VEs, then I don't see why I would really care what anyone got. It was a place to start and a place to pick up the heritage armor. No reason to be there again. I'd rather Blizz made more and more allied races rather than holding off because they have to make some elaborate, brand new, super amazing spot to start in for 5 seconds...

Remember how the place that was originally planned to be the Horde Capital on Draenor was still open to everyone while Karabor, the planned Alliance Capital on Draenor went unfinished?

Deleted
    While it would be cool for the Mag'har to get a town of their own. They're refugees and it really doesn't matter.

I actually like the void elf area. Sure it's not a proper town, but calling it a rock kind of sells it short too.

Umbric, Alleria and Locus Walker are there. You see void elves doing void stuffy by a void pool. You see blood and high elf visitors eager to learn more. The second area has a scripted event where a void elf is teaching a group of acolytes. It's no Shadowforge City but it gets the job done.

The mag'har could have at least gotten part of the Underhold or something, or a new building outside of Org I fee. Though I do wonder how many of them actually escaped Draenor. We only get some of them out through a single portal right? So it's not like a whole planet full of orcs made it back with us, they could potentially be a low number allied race like void elves.

Went and checked it out myself just now. Personally I'd have liked to see them have a base on Draenor and just hop between the timelines as needed, but I guess that's not what Blizzard want. People would just whine about hating AU, that's why we are where we are.

Even this could be better though. For one, not sharing it with a bunch of old NPCs. That just seems low effort, they could have at least added some cool things, filling it up with mag'har NPCs and adding some cool decorations. Maybe change the model of the building itself a bit.

The building they got in Orgrimmar would be fine if it had some flavor. Like, a Frostwolf-themed part, a Blackrock part, a Shattered Hand part, etc. And a central part, in which all these themes are combined to show unity.

When there’s also nothing to complain about....WoW players find away.

I don’t think Horde players should complain about the outcome of the allied races...