Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    then stop behaving like a kid and listen to reason, maybe I'll think about that

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, and you have no reason to back up your nonsensical claim either.
    lol you are the one whos crying on an unofficial wow forum wanting blood elves for the alliance

Deleted
    then stop behaving like a kid and listen to reason, maybe I'll think about that
    So it was meant to be rude. Thanks for confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I can't wait for Blizzard to release the mok'nathal allied race and see a hundred threads every day asking for real ogres.
    People have already been asking for ogres for YEARS though... since at least BC when we had all those Ogre only areas.

A switch woudl also be fine. What race would end up being Horde though in this scenario?
    none, the high elves join their brothers in the horde

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So it was meant to be rude. Thanks for confirming.
    When did I say that? Stop misinterpreting my words!

night elves are dark elves, I'm talking about standard high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, but they are purified thoroughly, even down to blue eye color.
    They could even offer up treatment to blood elves which said elves then refuse.
    and since they are already kicked out, might as well just stick around with alliance.
    To be fair the closest thing to Drow Elves are Nightborne in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    none, the high elves join their brothers in the horde
    It would be fine, we just need a race which would most likely defect from the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    lol you are the one whos crying on an unofficial wow forum wanting blood elves for the alliance
    I'm not crying. I'm stating facts. you are obviously too ignorant to learn them, but oh well that's your problem.

Five pages in 2 hours.

Won't the anti-high elf crowd never realise that they are the ones that keep these threads alive?
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    But we have two elves on the Alliance already.
    3 dark elves - 1 high elf is the current ratio.
    It should be shifted to 2 high elves - 2 dark elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well devs can only read what people write. So your idea of feedback is quite paradoxical :P
    Well theres a big difference between feedback and incessant whining. People grasp at every straw available to get High Elves when Blizzard have already said no, they've already said Blood-Elf = High-Elf and people STILL continue to cry about it. Hell, when TBC released people were already on about this.. now all these years later and you're still going.

The Alliance HAS Elves, they've always had Elves. Just because they don't fit your idea of what Elves should be is not relevant to Blizzard.

don't tell me what to do kid
    you can stick your head into your ass for all I care, it is a fantasy staple, a trope by this point.
    Sir, I regret to inform you that the horse you continue to whip is now deceased. Perhaps you should refrain from continuing?

Or you can keep with this attitude all you like, but I do hope you've accepted reality in that we will never get High Elves.

Ion has all but confirmed that Blizzard considers Blood Elves to be basically the same as High Elves and that the likelihood of getting High Elves is slim-to-nil.

Deleted
    night elves are dark elves, I'm talking about standard high elves.
    No they are not! Night Elves are not Drow even if they share the matriarchal concept to some degree. Elune could be compared to Elistrae or whatever the name of the Moon Goddess in the Forgotten Realms is, and this one is not worshipped by the Drow except some exiles.

Night Elves are just one more take on Wood Elves / Sylvan Elves like we have some in Warhammer Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    Well theres a big difference between feedback and incessant whining. People grasp at every straw available to get High Elves when Blizzard have already said no, they've already said Blood-Elf = High-Elf and people STILL continue to cry about it. Hell, when TBC released people were already on about this.. now all these years later and you're still going.

The Alliance HAS Elves, they've always had Elves. Just because they don't fit your idea of what Elves should be is not relevant to Blizzard.
    its your understanding of elves which is wrong. adjust that and you'll see quite clearly how it should be corrected in-game as well.
    its probably not even your fault for not seeing it clearly and I get that you desperately try to push these incomplete views on the game, but people in general should wake up to this problem to expel it.
    Yes it started in tbc and will last as long as it is not fixed.

I just told you. you have no idea how fantasy works. Elf, human and dwarf is a staple that can not be broken.
    .....Says who?

Yeah another way to get high elves: purify the void elves of their corrupted state and turn them back to being outwardly high elves somehow.
    Alleria looks just fine outwardly, she wasn't hit with the emo hair and skin so theoretically there should be a way.

Blizzard had a great opportunity: Instead of the void elf asspull they could have introduced Nightborne to the horde and High Elves to the Alliance.
    Now that they blew this opportunity however, another way should be found.

Edit for clarity: No new race is needed just a switching option for the void elf race which they can utilize to veil themselves to look like regular high elves.
    Void elves are not corrupted .....

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No they are not! Night Elves are not Drow even if they share the matriarchal concept to some degree. Elune could be compared to Elistrae or whatever the name of the Moon Goddess in the Forgotten Realms is, and this one is not worshipped by the Drow except some exiles.

Night Elves are just one more take on Wood Elves / Sylvan Elves like we have some in Warhammer Fantasy.
    Precisely, they are a mix of wood elf and dark elf but the dark elf part is more gleaming in both skin and hair color.
    Traditional wood elves have a brownish color compared to that. Since this problem can not be fixed after 20 years, the asspull void elves need to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Sir, I regret to inform you that the horse you continue to whip is now deceased. Perhaps you should refrain from continuing?

Or you can keep with this attitude all you like, but I do hope you've accepted reality in that we will never get High Elves.

Ion has all but confirmed that Blizzard considers Blood Elves to be basically the same as High Elves and that the likelihood of getting High Elves is slim-to-nil.
    There is still hope my friend
    Thay can still be persuaded. Don't give up the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    its your understanding of elves which is wrong. adjust that and you'll see quite clearly how it should be corrected in-game as well.
    its probably not even your fault for not seeing it clearly and I get that you desperately try to push these incomplete views on the game, but people in general should wake up to this problem to expel it.
    Yes it started in tbc and will last as long as it is not fixed.
    And this is where any form of reasonable arguments stop because you're just too arrogant to see beyond what you think is right.

Good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    .....Says who?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_tropes#Races
    In role-playing games, character race typically refers to any sapient species usable as a player character. Older editions of Dungeons & Dragons called the primary non-human player races (dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, and half-elf, Half-orc) "demi-humans." Later games such as Shadowrun use the term "metahuman," and define these humanoid races as subdivisions of "Homo sapiens."

gnomes, halflings, half-elves and half-orcs are also ther but they are genreally not as important as the main 3.
    If there are elves dwarves and huamans already in the game and on top of that playable, its a sin not to allow the traditional setting to be played out by the very fans of the fantasy genre who also support the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    And this is where any form of reasonable arguments stop because you're just too arrogant to see beyond what you think is right.

Good day sir.
    as there is no counter argument to what I'm saying I accept your surrender and wish you a happy day regardless.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-07-12 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Guys, the OP is a troll. Stop feeding him.

Not gonna happen. You can blame your lack of the regular skinned elves on Garithos and Jaina.