Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    The building they got in Orgrimmar would be fine if it had some flavor. Like, a Frostwolf-themed part, a Blackrock part, a Shattered Hand part, etc. And a central part, in which all these themes are combined to show unity.
    I wouldn't expect much in terms of individual clans retaining identity. Given that this one allied race is a mix of at least four different clans going by skins. Oh you may get some throaway flavor text here and there but I wouldn't expect it to actually be developed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    The building they got in Orgrimmar would be fine if it had some flavor. Like, a Frostwolf-themed part, a Blackrock part, a Shattered Hand part, etc. And a central part, in which all these themes are combined to show unity.
    I haven't seen Mag'har intensive VoD which covers recruitment to leveling it up to max level. It seems the current Iron Horde remained in Draenor which means currently it never got destroyed due to multi-reality convergence. AU timeline ==Azeroth. In actuality time dilation took place between Turalyon+Alleria storyline and now they're back. So did Khadgar. If I'm not mistaken only Geyera which is Thrall's sister is now in Org and Thrall is MiA. Not sure if they know of each other and I can forsee a storyarc revolving the two.

I think I believe I somehow figured out the reason of having Draenor as part of current timeline instead of Outland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The problem with Telogrus is that it's just a bunch of tiny barren isles. It has some tents on them, and that's it. Outlands has forests, deserts, mountains and plains, bases, ruins and all that. Outlands feels like a broken world, Telogrus feels like emptiness.

But I think the bigger problem is that void elves have very little lore, so their hub being so barren and devoid of details is even more frustrating. Even without a proper hub, Mag'har has the entire story of WoD to back them up. We "get" the mag'har themes because we did WoD. Void elves is just VOID VOID VOID, without any info on their culture, outlook and customs.
    I believe their story as of now is not directly implied but now Fel Energy and it's leader is currently on hiatus I firmly believe WoW will go Jedi or Sith or rather embrace the light or darkness in a neutral stance now that two returning major characters made their debut in Legion and as future NPC that wil push WoW's storyline. Alleria will be more on understanding darkness and using it ala fight fire with fire.

to me TR is similar to warlock Order hall or Demon hunter's. Even can be compared to Shaman's Order hall instead of water you get outer space.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-11 at 07:56 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they don't get a district, they get a single building, no, they didn't even get that at all, they just replaced some orcs there to maghar orcs

we all would be perfectly fine with a district, with a few buildings, not too fancy or elaborated

the horde had many places outside orgrimmar

and they could have underhold beneath orgrimmar who could be perfect

what blizzard did is just retarded
    Oh, ouch. Well... uh. Bummer. I guess they could get something later?

Not everything has to be equal all the time. You're free to play a Dark Iron too.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    to me TR is similar to warlock Order hall or Demon hunter's. Even can be compared to Shaman's Order hall instead of water you get outer space.
    I feel that as well. This is what bothers me most about void elves: their backstory feel more like a class or cult, not a race.

Lightforged also do not feel like a race, only some kind of special combat force.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-07-11 at 08:32 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly, void elfs disappoint me. I was really hoping to be able to see more of that area. The void is interesting. They do need to step up allied races hubs if they are going to bother with them at all.
    Actually if you use slowfall and/or goblin gliders, you can access areas of it you wouldn't otherwise be able to.

Deleted
    All the Alliance players who think Horde players are overreacting... how would you feel if the Dwarven District in Stormwind had like 6 Dark Iron NPCs and that's it? Hmm?

Or 6 Lightforged NPCs in the Exodar?

You would probably not be amused either. But apparently you love to spite people for raising valid concerns. Blizzard half-assed this Mag'har addition and you can't deny it.

I'm not up to date with the Mag'har lore, but don't they control at least some hubs in Draenor after Yrel went batshit? Looking at Blackrock Foundry or Hellfire Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    All the Alliance players who think Horde players are overreacting... how would you feel if the Dwarven District in Stormwind had like 6 Dark Iron NPCs and that's it? Hmm?

You would probably not be amused either. But apparently you love to spite people for raising valid concerns. Blizzard half-assed this Mag'har addition and you can't deny it.
    I mostly play Alliance. Personally would be totally cool with it. Don't really see why any of the allied races need some special hub honestly. Not out of spite though. To each their own I guess.

Lightforged being in Exodar would be more interesting than a carbon copy of the Vindicaar, yes. All ARs have half-assed hubs and Shadowforge City isn't a great hub considering it has six NPCs wandering around.

Of course anyone that cares about the race or the lore will be upset.

But there's a difference between being pissed off and start crying Alliance bias or saying Alliance things were better. I feel sympathy for the former, but only contempt for the later.

And that's because Alliance had similar complains for months while being told they were being whiny and things do not need to be equal. The first two Horde allied races were much better developed than the Alliance ones. Horde got upright orcs and blood elf golden eyes (plus revamped male faces and new bow animations). The mounts for the Horde were varied, the Alliance ones were all horses (and gryphons, but the gryphons have been taken away).

Yes, mag'har base sucks. There's no way someone will be satisfied with that. But also there were a lot of cases in which the inverse was true, Alliance took the short end of the stick and was told to shut up and enjoy it.
    Whatever...

Wtf alliance get something while horde doesnt! Seems you weren't around for 3 expansions where horde got everything and alliance got 0. salt is stronk

"OMG, ITS SO UNFAIR! DARK IRON GET 1/10th OF THEIR CITY!!!!11!1111"

Meanwhile, void elves get a purple asteroid while Nightborne get the entirety of Suramar.

I really can't take threads like this seriously anyways, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

7+ Year Old Account

they would not like, but some will lie say they would, or saying we should accept cause there is no parity (when the alliance players themselves want parity all the time) even when we are not asking for something equal, just something not dogshit

but that the kind of behavior you can expect

If you want an allied race with a cool capital, the Alliance is there waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm not up to date with the Mag'har lore, but don't they control at least some hubs in Draenor after Yrel went batshit? Looking at Blackrock Foundry or Hellfire Citadel
    We don`t learn too much about the state of Draenor in the introduction scenario. If there hasn't been a lot of expansion by the Draenei the Mag'har should firmly control Frostfire Ridge, Nagrand and Tanaan probably, too. Problem is, with Talador under enemy control and Gorgond contested(Yrel's army marched north, so Blackrock Foundry could soon be under siege), these territories aren`t connected. With their leader slain and a part of their army missing I guess they have a hard time now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    We don`t learn too much about the state of Draenor in the introduction scenario. If there hasn't been a lot of expansion by the Draenei the Mag'har should firmly control Frostfire Ridge, Nagrand and Tanaan probably, too. Problem is, with Talador under enemy control and Gorgond contested(Yrel's army marched north, so Blackrock Foundry could soon be under siege), these territories aren`t connected. With their leader slain and a part of their army missing I guess they have a hard time now.
    Prior to WoW Vanilla most of them are presumed dead
    TBC - Kargath is alive but most likely dies
    - Maghar orcs under Geya's care

blackrock clan leader dead, replaces by a new Horde Warchief
    shattered hand also dead
    shadowmoon clan leader - missing in AU, became the Lich King

Maghar introduction to Azeroth - Geyarah as clan leader presumably acting as warchief for the left out Iron Horde in Draenor.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-12 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    telogrus is at least their own home

- - - Updated - - -

I like to go to suramar for RP
    Then go to draenor to RP with your magh'ar, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    While it would be cool for the Mag'har to get a town of their own. They're refugees and it really doesn't matter.
    They're not refugees. They're warriors from the Iron Horde who come to repay their debt from when the Horde helped them. Iron Horde orcs, not Mag'har orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I wouldn't expect much in terms of individual clans retaining identity. Given that this one allied race is a mix of at least four different clans going by skins. Oh you may get some throaway flavor text here and there but I wouldn't expect it to actually be developed.
    I don't see why that's a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=285485/m...t-in-orgrimmar

What is this Blizzard.....why? Is it so hard to make a single unique Iron Horde building inside Orgrimmar (or in any random Horde area near Orgrimmar really who cares about the location) instead of this abomination? How is this fair for the Horde?
    By the way, considering that Iron Horde architecture is directly inspired by Garrosh's architectural changes for the Horde on Azeroth, I really don't see the issue here.