Poll: Levelling as...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only leveled lock once in alpha. Destro felt noticeably faster than the others, but it may have changed. Aff with high ilvl will probably be the best early on.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    I agree so much. There is a lot of incorrect info out there and it can be hard for new or more casual locks to know what is safe to follow.

I am sorry that the Lock Discord ever has a negative effect on some people and especially when it turns away people like you.
    I was going through some old stuff and found something I clipped from the discord

https://imgur.com/dcYU8v7
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was going through some old stuff and found something I clipped from the discord

https://imgur.com/dcYU8v7
    People at their finest... I haven't seen that person in one of the WoW related channels for a long while though.

I'm not perfect by any means. I can definitely remember at least one person I snapped at during an off moment and if you are reading this I am sorry; I should have walked away sooner.

Like I said before though I do hope I can make the Discord a slightly more positive place overall rather than behaviour like the above being rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    People at their finest... I haven't seen that person in one of the WoW related channels for a long while though.

I'm not perfect by any means. I can definitely remember at least one person I snapped at during an off moment and if you are reading this I am sorry; I should have walked away sooner.

Like I said before though I do hope I can make the Discord a slightly more positive place overall rather than behaviour like the above being rampant.
    To be honest at the end of the day I vastly prefer this format where people can really take their time and respond whenever. You can post something and have someone read it and respond to it a week later whereas on discord its just constantly scrolling text where people don't necessarily put as much thought into their posts. Its also just way easier to ignore shit posters and all that as opposed to a chat room.

Hence the meme train and just.. people.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    To be honest at the end of the day I vastly prefer this format where people can really take their time and respond whenever. You can post something and have someone read it and respond to it a week later whereas on discord its just constantly scrolling text where people don't necessarily put as much thought into their posts. Its also just way easier to ignore shit posters and all that as opposed to a chat room.

Hence the meme train and just.. people.
    Makes sense and yup if someone is negative here/a person I prefer to avoid it's much easier to ignore. In the end you have to do what's right for you.

I like both formats. For stuff like log analysis it's far easier, in my opinion, to have the person there to discuss stuff in real time and to check if they actually understand what is being suggested and the why.

Of course sometimes, like right now with us being FOTM, Discord is a really busy place and certain people who want help slip through the cracks (nicer way of saying are ignored).

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock Discord could be OK if it would get rid of all the dumbfuck memes. Like now, it's barely worth the time, it's good for a general "point me to the nearest decent resource" and maybe latest news.

Trying to hold any sort of discussion in Discord though, good luck with that.

Deleted
    Demonology, solely because I have little experience with the spec. I have been playing a Warlock since Vanilla, it has either been Affliction or Destruction. Now that I will be switching mains to Warrior Tank, I can take my time leveling my Warlock so I can practice my Demonology while I am at it.

Is anyone taking War Mode into consideration? It gives extra exp and the honor talents after all.
    I wonder which spec has the best honor talents and PvP survivability? Whichever it is, I'm going with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played mostly affliction since WoTLK but I played around with Demo on the ptr and I have to say I love all the demons.

I was one of the 11 people that played Demo the whole expansion, so I'll stick with it now that it's the new hotness.