The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I mean the question was specifically asking about "why should a Horde player take pride in a crappy, selfish Warchief" so he probably decided he had to spill a bit for Horde players to stay hooked.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, Reddit peeps are whining a whole bunch over losing their Artifacts it's so damn childish and ridiculous.

It was always going to feel shitty no matter what.

A lot of people don't seem to realize that Legion was specifically tailored to the idea that our characters are finally "This crazy powerful mage" or "the most stalwart paladin" or "the most sinister rogue" etc etc.

It was an expansion DESIGNED around the fact that our POWER FANTASY was going to be the greatest.

And a lot of people also don't realize that a lot of that power fantasy came because we were wielding Artifacts, not that our characters innately became more powerful.

So losing the Artifacts is a major blow to our characters and their capabilities as well.

It's just no one typically likes losing shit, but a lot of people getting angry for what is being lost don't seem to understand WHY it's being taken away in the first place.

There was never going to be a way for Blizzard to continue just adding onto what they had done in Legion. If they did, it would just result in another MoP where every Class could do everything and very obviously that's not a design they want to head back towards, despite how many people seemingly want to constantly feel like Gods in this game.
    I have no idea why Reddit is angry. But if we do actually PLAY appreciably worse now that the Artifact is gone that's on Blizzard. If they're just whining that they lost an active ability then they must have been asleep for the last 6 months because Blizz told us time and again that Artifacts were going away in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that must be, no one in his sane mind would think sylvanas going to be warchief would end well, start wrong end wrong, its about time to fix the mess
    Gasp! Are you telling me we were actually meant to trust Miss "Don't use the plague." "Should we use the plague?" "Of course we're using the plague!" wouldn't turn the Horde into some New Scourge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It is not only the "rushed" feeling I get about BfA. It's just the overall willingness of Blizzard to give us an expansion as good and exciting as Legion (at least on the feature side) - and I just don't see it. BfA is like going from 100% features to 20% features (at best) and this is something that just isn't working for a follow up expansion. Sure it's hard to top previous xpacs but at least they could've tried.
    Feels to me like BFA is kinda a coasting expansion. They found a formula that worked in Legion and they're hoping they can just replicate that formula in a new continent(s), maybe throw in some Zul, Azshara, N'Zoth, and Sylvanas-shaped loot pinatas, and keep the playerbase happy for another two years while the A Team works on the next major game-changing expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

what would you expect, like, even if he didn't say nothing, the backlash was still going on, with the mp 2.0 thing
    if people are going to say "Evil monster of a leader turns out to still be bad and we have to stop them" then almost every fantasy story is "mists of pandaria 2".
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    A new beta build just downloaded here, 93 MB
    Same!
    Probably just some hotfixes...
    For the Horde!

It is not only the "rushed" feeling I get about BfA. It's just the overall willingness of Blizzard to give us an expansion as good and exciting as Legion (at least on the feature side) - and I just don't see it. BfA is like going from 100% features to 20% features (at best) and this is something that just isn't working for a follow up expansion. Sure it's hard to top previous xpacs but at least they could've tried.
    thats a hard opinion to take seriously since the "100% features to 20% features" is pure hyperbole
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    that must be, no one in his sane mind would think sylvanas going to be warchief would end well, start wrong end wrong, its about time to fix the mess
    Probably a lot of fan boy and girls, would really enjoy her as Warchief...
    Me...I am more like *Shrug*

Well still Nathanos Blightcaller can be a better Forsaken leader if he smarts up and actually takes the leadership seriously...
    For the Horde!

even if you consider an allied race 1/4 of a race its still more than every other expansion has. Azerite is comparable to artifacts, while there are less raid sets you also have warfront sets and multiple sets made just for transmog, just look at the island expeditions.

two entirely new pve modes one with randomized assets allowing over a hundred unique maps, comparable if not more voice acting and quest quality.

if you bent over backwards and interpreted everything in a negative light you might be able to make an argument that bfa has 10-20% less

not to mention how insane it is to compare an expansion that hasnt come out yet to one that is finished.

what about 8.1? 8.2 8.3?

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    thats a hard opinion to take seriously since the "100% features to 20% features" is pure hyperbole
    Is it?

What's there in BfA that's (brand) new? Warfronts = invasion rifts on a larger scale, Island Expeditions = MoP Scenarios, Heart of Azeroth = watered down artifact weapon.

War Mode is something new and I'd say allied races, even as uninspired most of them are, are a new feature. The rest? Recycled (Legion) stuff. That doesn't mean it's bad just because it's recycled old features though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    what about 8.1? 8.2 8.3?
    Did Legion content patches introduce new features? Not really. They delivered content. That's why they really don't matter in this discussion (they're important when we're talking about content).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yeah, I think you're overexaggerating here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it?

What's there in BfA that's (brand) new? Warfronts = invasion rifts on a larger scale, Island Expeditions = MoP Scenarios, Heart of Azeroth = watered down artifact weapon.

War Mode is something new and I'd say allied races, even as uninspired most of them are, are a new feature. The rest? Recycled (Legion) stuff. That doesn't mean it's bad just because it's recycled old features though.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Legion content patches introduce new features? Not really. They delivered content. That's why they really don't matter in this discussion (they're important when we're talking about content).
    Mage tower is a feature. Also you specified features, not new features. There is a difference.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

This whole magram/gelkis rep debacle past day has been pretty bad. Players who did desolace quests were unable to get rep. Then they did hotfixed it tonight so you could kill mobs for rep but the people who did the quest are phased and can't do that either. Such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the obvious answer is to just remove those reps. They never had a meaning to begin with.
    There are achievements attached to getting x amount of exalted reps, removing these is not the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

I mean the obvious answer is to just remove those reps. They never had a meaning to begin with.
    If you mean remove it from all players including ones who managed to get it exalted then I agree.

If not then no. They are needed to get the 100 reputation achievement post-bfa launch so it would be unfair for some people to have it and others not.

I'll be short.

The Q&A was good. Uncharacteristically so. Unfortunately, the reality remains pretty bad.

Deleted
    11+ lvls for legacy loot is actually one of the most pointless things ever. It's fun policing at its finest.

Also, telling Horde players how to feel about their faction as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I'll be short.

The Q&A was good. Uncharacteristically so. Unfortunately, the reality remains pretty bad.
    Yeah, I agree. Would have liked to see the fullscreen question come up so people can stop complaining about that, though. Ion's apology was fine and hopefully he keeps his promise of this being the worst it'll ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    11+ lvls for legacy loot is actually one of the most pointless things ever. It's fun policing at its finest.

Also, telling Horde players how to feel about their faction as usual.
    Don't worry, the alliance is there for you
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

How do you even turn legacy loot on? I was doing MC yesterday and didn't notice any difference, well besides the post master sending me every single piece of loot it left on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How do you even turn legacy loot on? I was doing MC yesterday and didn't notice any difference, well besides the post master sending me every single piece of loot it left on the floor.
    Its just on by default in dungeons/raids that qualify. You would be getting a few items per boss again just like back in the old days, instead of just maybe-one or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Its just on by default in dungeons/raids that qualify. You would be getting a few items per boss again just like back in the old days, instead of just maybe-one or so.
    I see, I kept reading something about 5-6 loot but most bosses dropped between 2-3, with ragnaros being the only notable exception.

Deleted
    Yeah this is so stupid. It means that even if I can solo stuff in Legion at some point (which I wanted to so I could do Balance of Power for all classes) I'll miss out on so many mogs.

"We cannot write the Horde for shit so we will just TELL you how you should feel about it"
    I don't think some people are grasping how shit it'll be to farm Legion raids now.

Before 8.0 you could atleast select group loot if you used group finder. Mythic raids would drop 5-6 items regardless. PL would atleast drop stuff from your loot table only.

Now? Unless you're okay with finding and competing with 10+ other people you'll get two pieces only from the entire loot table. Legion has relics as well.
    Fuck it's gnna be hard.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-07-20 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly it will be pointless. And considering that between the squish and the fact that power growth in BfA is likely to be nowhere near as sharp as it was in Legion, I doubt that soloing content will be that easy regardless unless you are Blood or Vengeance. And I am almost done with WoD so I will barely have any soloing to do in BfA.
    No offence but if your plan for BfA is to farm Legion content, then Blizzard failed at a very fundamental level with BfA. You know, ideally you would be occupied and entertained by BfA content alone. Also if you can solo farm the raids of the last expansion, they just weren't made hard enough. In FFXIV we are two expansion removed from ARR but we still can't 3 man Coil turn 9. Now THAT is a proper boss fight.