Thread: New teaser.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong: But didn't the same leak that "confirmed" Blaze (even going as far as to nail that he would be a high HP warrior) say that we'd also be getting a Dreadlord, who was a bruiser assassin?

Add in all the teasers being distinctly Scarlet Monastery themed... I could totally see it being a Dreadlord.
    Actually this year is very poor about leaks. Yeah Warcraft map happend, but we didin't expected Yrel actually. Also i as well got vibes for Balnazzar when i look more and more on teaser.

4-5 hours til we get the reveal! I hope it's a dreadlord. Imperius would make me buy a 360 day stimpack but that looks unlikely. Off to Blizzcon with Imperius!

mal'ganis is related to the scarlet crusade as well.

though, not the ones that these images are from.

still feel it'll be whitemane though.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    mal'ganis is related to the scarlet crusade as well.

though, not the ones that these images are from.

still feel it'll be whitemane though.
    Priest released after paladin seeeeeems unlikely but fuck I would not be surprised if Blizzard pulls out such shit stick.

i mean, whitemane was an iconic part of classic wow. she had many fans for... obvious reasons.
    I lewt teh hat.

EDIT: Also wasn't Mal'Ganis disguised as a Scarlet dude in Northrend? If it is a dreadlord… wouldn't it be him rather than Balnazzar?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Priest released after paladin seeeeeems unlikely but fuck I would not be surprised if Blizzard pulls out such shit stick.
    We haven't had a Priest hero yet, have we?

eh, idk. i just hope it's not a healer or tank, whatever it is. i just can't have fun in this game unless i'm fucking people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I lewt teh hat.

EDIT: Also wasn't Mal'Ganis disguised as a Scarlet dude in Northrend? If it is a dreadlord… wouldn't it be him rather than Balnazzar?
    this teaser is 100% the scarlet monastery cathedral(which is why i'm 90% sure it's whitemane). the alter is in the back, the door whitemane comes from, the windows in her room show light like is behind the alter in the teaser, the pillars all match, the candle sticks.

the dreadlord connected to these scarlets is balnazzar, and it's not like he's a complete unknown or anything. mal'ganis is the bigger name of the two, it's just that the northrend scarlets don't have any cathedrals that look like this one.

I lewt teh hat.

- - - Updated - - -

We haven't had a Priest hero yet, have we?
    But both use light powahs. Thematically boring one after another fitting the same theme.

this teaser is 100% the scarlet monastery cathedral(which is why i'm 90% sure it's whitemane). the alter is in the back, the door whitemane comes from, the windows in her room show light like is behind the alter in the teaser, the pillars all match, the candle sticks.

the dreadlord connected to these scarlets is balnazzar, and it's not like he's a complete unknown or anything. mal'ganis is the bigger name of the two, it's just that the northrend scarlets don't have any cathedrals that look like this one.
    Fair point, but I would say that given how Mal'Ganis is the bigger name, yet less likely to be the teased hero due to not being as connected that this would be more of an indicator that it's Whitemane rather than a dreadlord.

Fair point, but I would say that given how Mal'Ganis is the bigger name, yet less likely to be the teased hero due to not being as connected that this would be more of an indicator that it's Whitemane rather than a dreadlord.
    yeah, i'm not hopeful.

a dreadlord would be so much cooler than a slutmogged priestess.

But both use light powahs. Thematically boring one after another fitting the same theme.
    I mean, you aren't entirely wrong, although some priests do use Shadow Magic (Whitemane is not one of those though) but a lot use light powers.

How they use them is different. Holy spec Priests in WoW would be more similar to Uther, sure, but they will probably save that for Velen. A Disc Priest would be ranged and could either be an Assassin that has a shield or heal or a Healer that is capable of doing decent damage. (Think Tyrande, but not based on a Warcraft 3 Hero and probably with another heal spell.)

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, i'm not hopeful.

a dreadlord would be so much cooler than a slutmogged priestess.
    Dreadlord is the only Undead Hero from WC3 that is missing. Arthas is the Death Knight, Anub'arak is the Crypt Lord, and Kel'thu-freaking-zad is the Lich.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Mal'Ganis...

Only this comes to my mind.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    For those who might be wondering why they'd use Valerian Mengsk, he is a.) a borderline genius b.) a strong military commander c.) a keen purveyor of the arts and sciences d.) a highly skilled martial artist and e.) an excellent swordsman/marksman combo.

He just RARELY ever saw real combat. He was basically a spoiled princeling, but one that worked hard and dedicated himself. Like a 'coming of age' hero, more or less.

I can't see them use Arcturus unless he's constantly summoning dudes to fight for him. Then again, I'm pretty sure Arcturus was also a Marine at one point... but that'd be weird overlap with Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If Mal'Ganis...

Only this comes to my mind.
    There's the Cathedral in Onslaught Harbor in Icecrown too, but i'm guessing it also looks like the Stormwind Cathedral on the inside as well, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    For those who might be wondering why they'd use Valerian Mengsk, he is a.) a borderline genius b.) a strong military commander c.) a keen purveyor of the arts and sciences d.) a highly skilled martial artist and e.) an excellent swordsman/marksman combo.

He just RARELY ever saw real combat. He was basically a spoiled princeling, but one that worked hard and dedicated himself. Like a 'coming of age' hero, more or less.

I can't see them use Arcturus unless he's constantly summoning dudes to fight for him. Then again, I'm pretty sure Arcturus was also a Marine at one point... but that'd be weird overlap with Jimmy.
    iirc Mengsk was one of the characters they had said they wanted to do back when the game came out.

Maybe it's Abbendis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    There's the Cathedral in Onslaught Harbor in Icecrown too, but i'm guessing it also looks like the Stormwind Cathedral on the inside as well, right?

- - - Updated - - -

iirc Mengsk was one of the characters they had said they wanted to do back when the game came out.
    It still seems hard to picture. Intellectually I know he was a Confederate Marine, but he was also a miner/prospector, a terrorist/rebel leader, a statesman, and a mastermind/commander type. I'm sure they could make that into a playable Hero but it strikes me as a little awkward. In the entirety of the StarCraft games you play, he never shows any indication towards fighting himself, beyond having a pistol and zapping Kerrigan with his trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You say Arcturus would be a weird overlap, I say targeted 24/7 by Raynor, Nova, Kerrigan, Artanis... basically every SC2 character. He was, after all, looking to wipe out all non-dominion forces and had no interest in cooperating at any level with others (at least Kerrigan did what she could to make the Zerg cooperate and not wipe out those on Raynor's side, even if she did wipe out enough to force him to follow her and clean up the mess of infested colonies).
    Oh no, I'm not denying that, I just think him as a Marine would be weird overlap. And also feel very out of character. In the games, he himself never actually did any of the 'dirty work' himself, he had other people to do it for him. It was only at the very end that he did something, arguably because he didn't trust anyone else with the Artifact/needed to keep it close as a safety measure.

I'm definitely throwing my hat in the ring for Whitemane now. She's the most obvious answer imo, since she's probably the most iconic thing about Scarlet Monastery.

Also I heard that the South Korean WoW/Blizzard community was low-key obsessed with her, so that'd be some extra pandering to fans. Idk if that's true or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It still seems hard to picture. Intellectually I know he was a Confederate Marine, but he was also a miner/prospector, a terrorist/rebel leader, a statesman, and a mastermind/commander type. I'm sure they could make that into a playable Hero but it strikes me as a little awkward. In the entirety of the StarCraft games you play, he never shows any indication towards fighting himself, beyond having a pistol and zapping Kerrigan with his trap.
    iirc there are or were voice files referencing him at one point, but I can't locate any good mention of them so do take that with a grain of salt. Ditto with the idea that they were going to use the Psi Disruptor for one of his ults (may have been a fan idea) which honestly works a bit more like Thrall's Earthquake heroic if you think about it.

I mean, you aren't entirely wrong, although some priests do use Shadow Magic (Whitemane is not one of those though) but a lot use light powers.

How they use them is different. Holy spec Priests in WoW would be more similar to Uther, sure, but they will probably save that for Velen. A Disc Priest would be ranged and could either be an Assassin that has a shield or heal or a Healer that is capable of doing decent damage. (Think Tyrande, but not based on a Warcraft 3 Hero and probably with another heal spell.)

- - - Updated - - -

Dreadlord is the only Undead Hero from WC3 that is missing. Arthas is the Death Knight, Anub'arak is the Crypt Lord, and Kel'thu-freaking-zad is the Lich.
    Well, as you have said Whitemane is a daughter of holy molly. They should break theme with someone darrrrker.

Well, as you have said Whitemane is a daughter of holy molly. They should break theme with someone darrrrker.
    She's one of the leaders of a fanatical group of light worshipping people that is so fanatical in their desire to cleanse the world of the undead that they mostly think anyone not with them is tainted by the undead and must be purged. She's definitely a villain.