Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why would that be? The amount of evidence that supports humans being a major cause of global warming is gigantic.

I'm more inclined to look at the data, and not listen to someone who is being paid to tell me a specific story.
    Science is like a religion for you, isn’t it? And I am a heretic. And truth is about popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Science is like a religion for you, isn’t it? And I am a heretic. And truth is about popularity?
    I'll stick with data over the musings of someone who is pushing for willful ignorance.

Do you have a problem with facts and data?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have some research to do.
    I'm pretty well-read on the subject. Deniers like yourself, inevitably not so, because the evidence really is incontrovertible.

But then, I just linked you a report covering that scientific basis and including thousands of references, and you just hand-waved it as if it were nothing, while also providing fuck-all to back your own conspiracy claims up.

You're in the same boat as anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers. Exactly the same refusal to accept basic science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'll stick with data over the musings of someone who is pushing for willful ignorance.

Do you have a problem with facts and data?
    Facts are often socially constructed. Facts can be created by asking certain questions and attempting to answer them in certain environments. Science is among many things also a SOCIAL institution where young prospective scientists go along to get along.

There are many studies by endowed climatologists that show how it is not at all certain that a climate crisis exists. Most of them had their careers destroyed shortly afterwards (and they served as a warning for anyone begging to disagree, despite what their research shows). A lot of science nowadays is all about the social aspect and answering only questions that have been deemed worthy to be asked. It is not about truth insofar as truth should not be of social origin.

I could go on. Very much work to do though, for someone not acquainted with philosophy of science

Facts are often socially constructed. Facts can be created by asking certain questions and attempting to answer them in certain environments. Science is among many things also a SOCIAL institution where young prospective scientists go along to get along.

There are many studies by endowed climatologists that show how it is not at all certain that a climate crisis exists. Most of them had their careers destroyed shortly afterwards (and they served as a warning for anyone begging to disagree, despite what their research shows). A lot of science nowadays is all about the social aspect and answering only questions that have been deemed worthy to be asked. It is not about truth insofar as truth should not be of social origin.

I could go on. Very much work to do though, for someone not acquainted with philosophy of science
    Endus provided facts, you ignored them.

If you want to compare scientific facts and data, let's do it. Feel free to cite those studies you spoke of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm pretty well-read on the subject. Deniers like yourself, inevitably not so, because the evidence really is incontrovertible.

But then, I just linked you a report covering that scientific basis and including thousands of references, and you just hand-waved it as if it were nothing, while also providing fuck-all to back your own conspiracy claims up.

You're in the same boat as anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers. Exactly the same refusal to accept basic science.

You seem to already be totally sure of your facts, so there is no point for me to continue
    Adverbs like “fuck-all” speak volumes of your “loyalty” to truth, which is really just all about pre-conceived notions. Such certainty is only harmful. Hopefully you will realize it one day. Now go on to ridicule me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Who started calling them the dark web? Because they have fuck-all to do with the dark web.
    I thought the thread said "dark weeb" when I entered and was very confused.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to already be totally sure of your facts, so there is no point for me to continue
    In other words, you don't have an argument.
    Adverbs like “fuck-all” speak volumes of your “loyalty” to truth, which is really just all about pre-conceived notions.
    Yeah, no. It speaks to my complete derision for your flavour of hostility to facts and science.

But like I said; I'm linking data and facts that back me up. You've cited nothing, because the facts are against you. I don't expect people to believe me, I expect they're capable of looking at the facts themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In other words, you don't have an argument.

Yeah, no. It speaks to my complete derision for your flavour of hostility to facts and science.

But like I said; I'm linking data and facts that back me up. You've cited nothing, because the facts are against you. I don't expect people to believe me, I expect they're capable of looking at the facts themselves.
    I will do it once I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Yeah, and while it's no guarantee it'll happen, the prospects are growing that what the religious right is telegraphing may be a thing. It'll only take a single case -- be it trans bathrooms or baking a cake -- for SCOTUS to reduce LGBT rights to rational basis scrutiny by declaring we aren't protected under sex discrimination. What follows could be ugly given men like Tony Perkins have signaled their intention to refight Lawrence (which overturned law that banned sodomy). There are a myriad of ways to really hurt LGBT people under rational basis scrutiny, but one of the more insidious is the notion the religious right has that we're "disordered." Under rational basis government could argue that they have a right to pull professional licenses (think teachers, lawyers, doctors, or anything else licensed by a state government) because it is rational that our "disorder" impacts our work.

It'd be nothing short of a witch hunt and a purge.

Right now, assuming Kavanagh is successfully put on the court, the center is Roberts. We may be safe given corporate America won't like the above. If another conservative is appointed Alito is the new center and all bets are off.

It's a scary consideration.
    I'm trans and I'm not really that concerned. If the government decides to round me up, they will have to go through the militia that I am a part of. But in reality, the odds the government will come after my rights as a trans person are extremely slim. We are seeing continuous growth of HRT clinics, it was recently declared that SRS would be covered by MEDICAID which is honestly very surprising. I thought shit beyond hormones would have to be completely privately financed.

There has never been a better time to be LGBTQ than today. Even 20 years ago, life for LGBT was very difficult, now we have Blair White as a celebrity. 75+% of people would be ok with a transgender friend, higher statistics for LGB. Go look at what it was 20 years ago, Even democrats it was around 50%, Republicans closer to 20%.

Laws banning Sodomy will never come out again. The public does not have the appetite for it. If I recall correctly, something like 6% of Americans want to ban Sodomy. I can't remember where I read it, but it was on some blog back in 2013. Now I assume it's closer to 3-4%.

Trans and gay stuff is not the only thing I care about. I don't want to have acid through at my face because of a certain group of people from a cirtain religion that I am not allowed to say on here due to PC idiocy. I fear for political correctness gone mad. I do NOT want it to become illegal to deliberately misgender trans people. I study transgender stuff quite well and I've come to the conclusion that misgendering is very toxic for mental health for trans people. I need to be able to misgender other trans people if I hate that particular individual in order to get legal retribution without the threat of a lawsuit. And it's also a free speech issue.

We have a major issue of the attack on western civilization. It is ABSURD to believe that we can maintain western culture while replacing a people. IT NEVER WORKS. White genocide sound absurd but I very much believe there is sufficient evidence that there is an effort by the cultural marxists to destroy western values, and along side, free markets, 2nd amendment, freedom of speech, and replace it with something deeply troubling. I haven't figured it out yet but you'd have to be willfully blind to not see what is going on.

Why do you think they are bringing in "safe spaces"? Why do you think they are trying to turn the new generations into snowfakes? It's very clear they want to weaken western civilization. Go take a look at the EU and the mass refugee issue. OPEN BORDERS and it lead to mass rapes and assaults against women. Yet they insist MORE REFUGEES. It's clearly an assault against western values.

Mass migration is inherently anti-lgbt. Once a critical threshold is reach, say good bye to not only positive rights; state funded gender transition healthcare, legal protection against discrimination, gay and lesbian recognized as marriages. But all our negative rights; the right to medically transition with your own money, cohabitation with a person of the same gender or sex. It is absurd to believe mass migration from members of the religion and culture that (I cannot name on this forum) can become pro lgbt. They hate me because I have gender dysphoria and have plans to transition.

The Republicans are not perfect but are not the greatest threat. Those from a certain culture and religion are. (I cannot name the said religion and culture because of stupid fucking MMO-C rules).

Deleted
    Imagine being so clueless about the internet that you think any of the chans are even remotely related to the Dark Web.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by user1442333 View Post
    I'm trans and I'm not really that concerned.
    So am I, and this is nothing but a baseless rant of ideology. You think public opinion will protect you, but they're split on bathroom rights.

In fact, the entire basis of your post is that public opinion will protect us, but you only offer that very public opinion while the entire country is being gerrymandered against public opinion. Republicans are currently ignoring public opinion without consequence, even in tax law. What makes you think we'll be any different? Are we so popular with the general public that they'll protect us? Like I said, you're dangerously naive.

In the end, SCOTUS is the deciding factor. If they decide the two of us are "disordered" then what? Are you going to depend on the Republicans to pass legislation, even an amendment, to protect you? Are you really operating under the pretense that us trans folks, as a small minority, are the basis for which to build a protective movement on?

Informed consent is a thing now, but progressive Europe operates on a clinic system that actively ENCOURAGES black market HRT self-treatment. Hell, I'm post-op and I go to Planned Parenthood for HRT. What happens when pro-lifers finally manage to defund the organization? What stops them from restricting access to trans related medical care and HRT options at the state level? What stops them from outlawing informed consent because we're "disordered." The courts? Trump is filling them with social conservatives.

Seriously, you're so young it hurts. The Obama eight years were great, but they are absolutely NOT permanent.

But all our negative rights; the right to medically transition with your own money, cohabitation with a person of the same gender or sex. It is absurd to believe mass migration from members of the religion and culture that (I cannot name on this forum) can become pro lgbt. They hate me because I have gender dysphoria and have plans to transition.

The Republicans are not perfect but are not the greatest threat. Those from a certain culture and religion are.
    did you forget about Mike Pence?

There has never been a better time to be LGBTQ than today.
    You can thank the Dems for that.

But in reality, the odds the government will come after my rights as a trans person are extremely slim.
    What do you mean?

It is ABSURD to believe that we can maintain western culture while replacing a people.
    ???
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-08-02 at 06:25 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I wouldn't consider Jordan Peterson to be part of the dark web. He's ideas are generally pretty well rounded. I mostly strongly disagree with his definition of religiosity i will admit it makes zero sense. But he is absolutely right about the threat from SJWs, cultural marxists and the like.
    Aside from cultural marxism is nothing but the ultimate conspiracy theory, including racism, antisemithism, anti feminism, homophobia and transphobia? Sorry, but everyone, who considers civil rights for people not being white, heterosexual and male a threat to america can not be taken seriously.
    His "concerns" about C 16, which made him famous here, is either based on lies, or he talks about subjects, he knows nothing about, as multiple law scholars have debunked his claims.
    He claims, to be an "expert" on Nazis, but has suspiciously little knowledge of german society in the twenties and early thirties... and what the nazis did. And I honestly don't think, he is a good psychiatrist so far. A transgender person going to him, will be completely lost, the story by hammering the, fanatical believe in good of adult people, to a woman by again refering to german "Einsatzgruppen" is a bit questionable. Psychiatrists are supposed to help people, not scare them, or cause them being lost.

But his final nail in the coffin was selling himself out to the far right PragerU, after which he just can not be taken seriously.

We just had a thread abou this, the DEEP WEB is the part of the internet you can't google, the DARK WEB is the part of the internet purposely hidden and often requires special software etc to acces.

Because Peterson and gang are looking for attention and want to be found the therm "intellectual dark web" is idiotic. It should have been the "intellectual deep web" but even that sounds ridiculous.

Peterson and gamg as well as his opposition are both intellectually deprived. Go read some books it got all of their arguments and more without the religious drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Because Peterson and gang are looking for attention and want to be found the therm "intellectual dark web" is idiotic. It should have been the "intellectual deep web" but even that sounds ridiculous.

Peterson and gamg as well as his opposition are both intellectually deprived. Go read some books it got all of their arguments and more without the religious drivel.
    Peterson's Hate for Liberal Teachers confirmed

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Deleted
    Man, am I glad I have absolutely no idea what the "intellectual dark web" is.

A normal life seems like a blessing sometimes.

Oooh, "dark web", sounds spooky. Getting goosebumps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    We just had a thread abou this, the DEEP WEB is the part of the internet you can't google, the DARK WEB is the part of the internet purposely hidden and often requires special software etc to acces.

But their group has nothing to do with the 'deep web' or the 'dark web', it is just a pseudonym they have collectively adopted.

Stefan molyneux ftw, such a smart and great guy to listen to.
    Do you hear the voices too?