Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I mean, all we saw wash er being lower hp than malf.
    And kneeling and moaning with pain... So yeah. If Blizzard didn't mean it they wouldn't add it in the game. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, if Jaina had not shown up at all, the Alliance would have retreated and Lordaeron would have stood. They would not have died, they'd just retreat closer to the shore.
    Yup, but OP didn't even see the cinematic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Next to that boy you have Alleria who has fought the Legion across countless worlds for a thousand years + everything Sylvanas fought.
    Seems like she's just dumb compared to her sister then, considering nobody advised poor Anduin to bring gas masks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And kneeling and moaning with pain... So yeah. If Blizzard didn't mean it they wouldn't add it in the game. :P

Yup, but OP didn't even see the cinematic.
    The argument of who's the better leader doesn't factor who's the better fist fighter. She went against the druid on his own home turf of course she wasn't winning.

When it mattered, head-to-head for all the marbles she pretty much owned the teen king and Jaina panic saved them twice. The only reason any of the alliance got out alive is is because Syl didn't plan for the absentee big sister showing up in a flying magic ship because... no one did.

If I played alliance I would be fed up, Horde has made them look silly twice now, teen king nearly got his whole side wiped by running head long into trap. What a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    The argument of who's the better leader doesn't factor who's the better fist fighter. She went against the druid on his own home turf of course she wasn't winning.
    Yup.

When it mattered, head-to-head for all the marbles she pretty much owned the teen king and Jaina panic saved them twice. The only reason any of the alliance got out alive is is because Syl didn't plan for the absentee big sister showing up in a flying magic ship because... no one did.
    Not really, they could still retreat with ships. She couldn't kill them there. Horde used Blight two times.
    If Jaina didn't appear they wouldn't be in the throne room.

I know that OP is wrong, because he's talking about fake scenarios in his head, but that doesn't mean we should follow his thinking.

If I played alliance I would be fed up, Horde has made them look silly twice now, teen king nearly got his whole side wiped by running head long into trap. What a leader.
    I'm not really getting your point of view. Alliance made Horde ran away. They lost the city, Sylvanas lost, Horde lost, they had to retreat. Why Alliance players would be fed up is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    All the Alliance leaders would be dead by the trap Sylvanas set up
    Jaina saved the Alliance from losing the war right there, why does no one talk about it?
    If the Val'kyr hadn't ressurected Sylvanas after she commited suicide, we wouldn't have a war. If the Alliance had killed the Orcs instead of imprisoning them, there'd be no Horde. If If If...

Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    She would have been replaced by Turalyon and the Vindicaar. Jaina wasn't necessary to the plot, really, there were alternatives to her.
    I agree, they could've used Velen, with his magic bubbles to keep them safe. Or Anduin with his to keep them healed up like in the cinematic. I'm not a lore expert so not sure if that'd be possible with blight. But if Velen was in place of Jaina I know he cleansed the corrupted area of the exodar in the class hall quest to fight his son.

I gave up on the story along time ago. This last bit of the story was just embarrassing though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    depends how many ships jaina can pull out of her ass to save his while he runs towards fights with which seems without a plan, atleast thats how it felt like in lordaeron
    Yep, I mean it's just terrible story telling .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    Pretty lucky they have their Mary Sue character.
    Y'rel is going to be part of the expansion?

:P

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    its not about Jaina being a mary sue though, but rather than enormus plothole powers she used is kinda cringe, they thought it would have been awesome to see jaina arrive and finish all the problems with weird powers she had, that non, not even Medivh used when he battled Lothar and Khadgar.

its annoying, its plotholish, wave the first hand, plague cleared, waved the second hand, door broken.

goes inside "omgwtfbbq horde are more than us, shall i wave the third hand and teleport us?" no jaina, just wave the third hand and kill every horde inside.

see how stupid it is? you dont give a character so much power and leave him like that, with that power she showed, i can imagine her deleting the horde inside that city, but i guess.....meh bad writing.

Deleted
    Deus ex machina

it does seem the lack of expecting the blight could have cost the Alliance the battle if not the war.. I would have preferred the Vindicaar showing up and using the light to clear the blight vs Jaina and her flying ship but oh well.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm not really getting your point of view. Alliance made Horde ran away. They lost the city, Sylvanas lost, Horde lost, they had to retreat. Why Alliance players would be fed up is beyond me.
    the only reason horde lost is because overpowered jaina showed up - untill this point horde completly decimated allience army and was a step away from killing all allience leaders which ofc Blizzard couldnt afford since expansion woudl be over before it even begun .

if you call loosing your whole army a "victory" when oponent just lost 1 city (and technically they didnt because undercity still stands and you can corpse run in there its untouched inside ) just the outer layers are filled with blights ,and had all citizens evacuated then i wonder in which universe you live in .

this is just really bad story writing - no wonder Metzen didnt want to have anything to deal with it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-08-08 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the only reason horde lost is because overpowered jaina showed up - untill this point horde completly decimated allience army
    "because of"
    Alliance didn't get the city only because Sylvanas used Blight.
    Same argument, wtf.

was a step away from killing all allience leaders .
    Uhmm... Did you see the cinematics? They could've retreat to the sea. There was no way that the Horde could kill all Alliance leaders.

if you call loosing your whole army when oponent just lost 1 city (and technically they didnt because undercity still stands and you can corpse run in there its untouched inside ) just the outer layers are filled with blights ,and had all citizens evacuated a "victory"
    UHmm.... No. Did you play the same game? Whole army? Have you seen Stormwind troops after the fight? Have you seen their armies and fleet AFTER the fight?
    Stop spreading lies.

i wonder in which university you live in .
    Wtf?

this is just really bad story writing - no wonder Metzen didnt want to have anything to deal with it.
    Okay, I kinda agree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Not really, no.

OP must have missed the 1st part of that very same cinematic, where Anduin on horseback and Genn make it out of the plague-zone in time.

The only differences would be:
    - Alliance never made it into the courtyard/throne room
    - Saurfang wouldn't have his stand
    - Sylvanus wouldn't have her speech

What would stay the same:
    Loarderon and it's severs uninhabitable
    Alliance leaders still alive and kicking
    Exactly.

I didn't know there were people that are blind and are still playing WoW, but yeah... It's MMO-C.
    People making threads about their head-canoning and made up scenarios that has nothing to do with the facts.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-08-08 at 11:43 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    it does seem the lack of expecting the blight could have cost the Alliance the battle if not the war.. I would have preferred the Vindicaar showing up and using the light to clear the blight vs Jaina and her flying ship but oh well.
    well blight is supposed to be a banned weapon for it being a very disastrous, but that was during Garrosh days as warchief, guess who is the warchief now?

however the blight usage came at a price, people say that the blight is Deus Ex, its not, its usage comes at a very high price which is:
    1- taints the land rendering it uninhabitable.
    2- kills everyone and everything
    3- a very great unrest and complaining in the army leadership
    4- getting hate across the globe for it

i can imagine that the next time Sylvanas use that plague, the horde leaders will snap and leave, if they aren't already doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    How is Jaina a Mary Sue?
    She's not a new character that is suddenly very powerful, which is the definition of a Mary Sue/Gary Stu type character
    Mary Sue characters don't have to be new and they don't have to be "suddenly" powerful.

That said, jaina isn't a mary sue. That role is taken by anduin.

Jaina is a titan mage who essentially enslaved a titan keeper via her staff in order to be superpowered.

Deleted
    If Varian didn't spare the horde on siege they'd be dead. If can be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    well blight is supposed to be a banned weapon for it being a very disastrous, but that was during Garrosh days as warchief, guess who is the warchief now?

however the blight usage came at a price, people say that the blight is Deus Ex, its not, its usage comes at a very high price which is:
    1- taints the land rendering it uninhabitable.
    2- kills everyone and everything
    3- a very great unrest and complaining in the army leadership
    4- getting hate across the globe for it

i can imagine that the next time Sylvanas use that plague, the horde leaders will snap and leave, if they aren't already doing it.
    supposed to be banned but she has used it before so besieging her home turf and to not expect it, was a lack of foresight imo. I do suspect / hope there will be fallout in the horde over her using it on her own troops, like how could/would the other racial leaders sit by and allow it...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Wtf?
    its 35 degrees here calm down already corrected it

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Yeah it's not like she's a banshee who's possessing her own corpse, wtf Blizzard
    Since when can banshees fly at will, resurrect the dead, shift between physical and etheral at will if it was pocession then her body would be limp on the floor when she went banshee. I don't actually care since it looks cool and I like new powers, this question is asinine since any battle or event can be countered with a "what if". What if saurfang had missed his heroic throw? Slyvanas would be totally dead, what if malfurion tripped on a rock?

Deleted
    In the whole battle Sylvanas was the alliance leaders a step ahead, I think the alliance leaders looked really stupid and just got lucky. You can say whatever you want about Sylvanas but she is playing 4D chess compared to the alliance leaders.