Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    2 mil subs
    Sylvanas manipulated by Wrathion.
    OK. I am not sure how you can say that any of this is wrong (although I commented on the sub count figure above likely being just the leaker having fun), but I got the answer and I understand it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The "leak" sounds so incredibly made up. Some things are reasonable but flavour classes? LOL But who knows, after allied races Blizzard really could do this and sell it as a lame ass feature.
    It would be in line with having to re-level once again. Same idea as a reward for re-leveling a character for an allied race, really. And the flavor can be limited to basically different names for spells plus different colors and effects, maybe a couple different abilities like racials. Ie, it's cheap to develop, or at least it sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It would be in line with having to re-level once again. Same idea as a reward for re-leveling a character for an allied race, really. And the flavor can be limited to basically different names for spells plus different colors and effects, maybe a couple different abilities like racials. Ie, it's cheap to develop, or at least it sounds like it.
    Yeah and that's the only reason why I totally could see this as a feature when I look at the lame ass BfA features. More cosmetics, less mechanics.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    IIRC in the book there was something special about the catapults and there were shamans conjuring winds to feed the flames and other such shenanigans that were left out of the game.
    Idd.

The horde used shamans and their payloads were arcane touched.

Page 79 in elegy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Eh, too many little things that are questionable.

Nethermancers are basically just mages and there's like, one single one of them, why reskin priests to them of all things? Dragons are highly magical spell based (breaths, long-range spells, etc), how would warrior be a good fit for "Dragonsworn" when 95% of its abilities are melee attacks? If anything you'd expect DK since it has a wide variety of long range abilities that would work well with that kit (time magic slows instead of chains of ice, emerald vines instead of deathgrip, pools of fire instead of Death and Decay, etc). They are class reskins, but they went with Shadow Hunter (what does this even do, throw weapons instead of lighting spells? It's already basically a shaman with regular shaman spells but ranged attacks) instead of Dark Ranger, the thing that is literally just a hunter reskin?

I find it very hard to believe that 9.0 won't have allied races when Blizzard seems to see how efficient they are as a feature.

Why would GCD changes be to set up consoles? Does he think you can't hit more than one button at a time on a controller? If anything it would be worse for consoles because they are built for faster combat than a game like WoW has.

As pointed out, he left Druid off of Kul Tirans and claims they'll have paladins and monks, but no mages?

He claims that Hiji comes before Gilneas and Tanaris revamps in one post, and then in a later post claims that the patches are 8.2 (zone revamp) and 8.3 (Hiji)

He claims that the "Lovecraft stuff" is mostly 8.3 (Hiji) and 8.4 (N'zoth), but in a previous post said that Hiji has "no real enemy beyond it being a staging ground for the Alliance and Horde conflict of Azerite" and the place where Vol'jin is brought back, drawing the scourge (literally zero mention of any old god stuff).

Some of the stuff and general outline seems plausible but this is kinda sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why would GCD changes be to set up consoles? Does he think you can't hit more than one button at a time on a controller? If anything it would be worse for consoles because they are built for faster combat than a game like WoW has.
    Consoles are built for simpler combat first and foremost. They aren't built for faster combat than PCs either, the input lag on a console is way higher than that on a PC plus the accuracy is lower, but that's not the main point. The main point is reducing the number of spells you'd *want* to be able to access simultaneously, and putting abilities onto a GCD doesn't outright solve this, but it helps solve this - by making it easier to eventually ask you "so, which ones of those spells you'd like to have available in combat"? It is more difficult to ask the latter question with abilities that are off-GCD because you are much more inclined to answer "I want all of them available". It also helps make all spells similar to each other - you wouldn't want a particular combo to do an off-GCD thing when everything else does on-GCD things, it is just better if everything apart from maybe one-two very special things is on GCD.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-12 at 03:31 PM.

This actually looks quite believable.
    Unless I missed it, he doesn't list druids as a class for Kul Tirans - that alone probably makes it bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, AU Garrosh? he wasnt a thing, AU Grommash had only a daughter. Leak is fake af!
    [/URL]

Consoles are built for simpler combat first and foremost. They aren't built for faster combat than PCs either, the input lag on a console is way higher than that on a PC plus the accuracy is lower, but that's not the main point. The main point is reducing the number of spells you'd *want* to be able to access simultaneously, and putting abilities onto a GCD doesn't outright solve this, but it helps solve this - by making it easier to eventually ask you "so, which ones of those spells you'd like to have available in combat"? It is more difficult to ask the latter question with abilities that are off-GCD because you are much more inclined to answer "I want all of them available". It also helps make all spells similar to each other - you wouldn't want a particular combo to do an off-GCD thing when everything else does on-GCD things, it is just better if everything apart from maybe one-two very special things is on GCD.
    Consoles are not built for simpler combat than wow, and they sure as shit are built for faster combat than wow. Just the regular gcd makes wow slower than pretty much any hack and slash, fighting game, etc.

The gcd change does nothing to alter player choice. Don't be dumb. No one is picking arcane blast over arcane power because it has a gcd but would struggle on which to pick if they were both off the gcd. Just like no one is going to not want wings because its on the gcd.

Spells themselves cause far more of variation than what us or isnt on the gcd ever will. And again, you dont need them to be the same. No one picks up Dark Souls and is utterly confused by how a wealons moveset has different times for the swings. There is nothing simpler or more straightforward about a gcd versus hitting a buff whenever you want.

This does absolutely nothing for consoles.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-08-12 at 03:48 PM.

You guys give way to much attention to that lame wannabe-leak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And the point was that most of it is indeed bull, but there might be a few grains of truth hidden. I just don't consider combing the shit to find them worthwhile.
    There might be some good in it but that is more like a monkeys and typewriters kinda thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things can get pretty fast paced on Console so I doubt the GCD change was for lolconsoles. I mean the suggestion the GCD change was for consoles is stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped at : undead garrosh serving Y'rel ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    I mean, AU Garrosh? he wasnt a thing, AU Grommash had only a daughter. Leak is fake af!
    If the girl you mean is Geya'rah, then that is Draka's and Durotan's daughter. She speaks about warchief Grommash's son in the recruitment scenario, who joined the Lightbound.
    The AU Grommash we met had no kid at all and heard the 'Garrosh is your son'-thing for the first time in a cinematic. This may have changed in the 30 years they went through over there, though.

I still think the leak is fake, just not because of this

The problem with sites like 4chan is that because everyone is anonymous, it's impossible to determine who's a verified insider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    If the girl you mean is Geya'rah, then that is Draka's and Durotan's daughter. She speaks about warchief Grommash's son in the recruitment scenario, who joined the Lightbound.
    The AU Grommash we met had no kid at all and heard the 'Garrosh is your son'-thing for the first time in a cinematic. This may have changed in the 30 years they went through over there, though.

I still think the leak is fake, just not because of this
    I think it may be fake due to timing I mean why have a leak now? BFA is around the corner.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Consoles are not built for simpler combat than wow, and they sure as shit are built for faster combat than wow. Just the regular gcd makes wow slo...
    Mate. You don't understand what I am talking about. You aren't replying to what I am talking about, you are replying to some layman interpretation of the 20% you could make sense of. I am not going to spend my time explaining and elaborating, you have no clue, fine, I'll let you have no clue.

The change does not make WoW immediately suitable for consoles but saying that the reason for the change is next-gen consoles makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-12 at 04:14 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, the point is that when there is going to be a real leak, history shows that you won't be able to tell that it is real, that there will likely be one or more arguments as to why it has to be fake, which would seem reasonable at the moment, and that as a result of that more than 90% of people (frequently everyone speaking) will label it as a fake. So, this last leak might be a fake, but don't put too much weight into "clearly fake" arguments, they don't really disqualify anything. Historically speaking.
    I don't really agree rda, as someone following WoW leaks since there was a WoW to leak.

I think that there has historically been a pattern to real leaks, which is that:

1) They have been fairly short-term - rarely pointing more than a year into the future, with very few hard details re: patches, let alone the expansion after next (I think that's never happened with a "real" leak).

2) That they tend to be quite limited in what they contain (at least post-MoP).

3) They tend to be, broadly speaking, "disappointing" - in the sense of being more limited than one would hope.

4) They usually have some sort of jargon-y names for certain systems.

In this case, it is as I said, unprecedented in time-scope, verrrry full of rando claims about content and plot, moreso than any post-MoP one I think, lacking that "disappointing" vibe - it sounds dumb, but not limited, and they mention major systems including the "Neutrality" system without any jargon-y names and with very simplistic mechanics described ("resets your reputations", yeah, right).

So I think this doesn't really fit the historic pattern well at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is same shit that happened same time last year. Gamescom was coming, xpac reveal was possible, so suddenly thousands of leaks from ex wow employees, their nephews, psychics etc. The closest to Gamescom, the more "leaks" we had. And then the event came and went, and all leaks suddenly stopped. This cycle repeated with Blizzcon. The only reason we are not flooded with fakes this time is because BfA is being released right now.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly the funny part with such leaks is that while the leak is obviously fake there are people responding to it. Which makes me wonder if it's not just one person and their alt accounts.
    Seriously. An expansion was never leaked like that. The most we got is some guy detailing Legion and BfA's box features in some random forum post like one day before its reveal, probably because they were able to sneak in the back of a Blizzcon stage or some shit, or maybe it's Ion making an account and having fun or whatever. The entire patch cycle was never leaked, and half this stuff sounds ridiculous to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So I think this doesn't really fit the historic pattern well at all.
    Maybe you are right and this does not look like a typical real leak. I agree with your 1-2-3, for example, this leak fails 2 heavily.