Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What is the most Toxic userbase/game you have ran into?

Was talking to a friend about Dead by Daylight earlier and they were interested but asked 'how toxic is it?' which in and of itself says something about the expectations we set up for randoms in online games i suppose. But it did make me think about the absolute worst experiences i've had in games. Destiny has always been pretty infamous for a dogshit community. The "i'm not going to do anything, thanks for the carry lel" sort of players but personally if you can ignore them that never really comes off as "TOXIC" toxic. Something i equate beyond rudeness to making a game unplayable.

For my money the most toxic group of assholes i've had the misfortune of running into is the Rainbow Six Siege userbase. The game has friendly fire and so 99 times out of 100 i can go "its been a few months, maybe the devs solved it" and instantly load in and die as some screamer streamer meme queen just killed his own team and is screeching to 'check out my epic rage montages on youtube!' before getting kicked or leaving. This is so common i cannot honestly recommend anyone buys the game and would instead attempt to dissuade them from doing so. Its so bad i cannot imagine how bad the numbers are for new player retention when their first experience is so extremely likely to be bad.
    People have screamed and pleaded with the devs to do something but for reasons i cannot fathom never have. So the game continues its steady decline in reputation as more and more people try it, experience the team killer simulator 2k18 gameplay for a few seconds before being kicked back to the menu, and its a genuine shame because mechanically the game is fantastic and there are no other door kicking swat style games around anymore. All because of a userbase that is monumentally far more bad than good.

But thats just me. Whats the worst userbase you have ever run into? has it outright ruined a game for you?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't play many online games but i think the most toxic i have seen is Overwatch.

For MMOs, Wildstar's "hardcore" community and the RP community.

For games in general, League of Legends.

10+ Year Old Account
    league of legends without a question
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch by far, it’s not even close.

That said, there are a ton of other games that are toxic as well, such as DotA 2, LoL, any Call of Duty, and CS:GO.

Wow and DBD are likely the too most toxic game community's I have dealt with.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    league of legends without a question
    This right here. Riot has spent so much money on systems/etc to combat the toxicity and general shittiness of their community it isn't funny.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rainbow Six Siege.
    If not from the opposing team, it's from your own team. People can go mental on you if 'you made them lose the match' as last man standing.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

The Souls series, oh god the Souls series...

All communities are equally toxic, however, certain communities have people with thicker skin. Toxic behavior was just how people acted in early multiplayer games, but these days it's called being toxic and everyone whines and bitches. People are softer in certain communities.

OG Xbox Live. I mean like early 2000s Xbox Live.

Got even worse when Halo 2 came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the older xbox live days on Halo 3 that shit was pretty toxic. Got called everything in the book and more death threats than I could count. But I was also a toxic little shit.

League however takes the cake. Can't speak for Overwatch since I never played rated past the 1st season but I hear its bad.

The WoW community, without a doubt.

League of Legends.

Ranked is unplayable due to the toxicity. At least ARAM is fun I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    My thoughts as well.

Never before in any game in years of playing MMOs, have I seen a group so willing to shit on the developer, other players, and everything in general for no real reason. I mean, some even view their assholeness as some kind of badge of honour.
    At least the wow community has ways you can hide/avoid it. If you group with guildies or are really selective and avoid most external stuff then its not terrible. But still pretty bad.

LoL is probably still the overall toxic king, though Overwatch certainly tries very hard to take that title. Especially now with the OW League they've nicely added competing team rivalries to the things people can be douchebags over.

For new players Eve online can be a pretty bad time. If you don't like hard games then anyone who's part of the "console gamer elite" (hardcore dark souls, cuphead etc) can be pretty fantastic.

But let's be honest. The nintendo fanboys take the cake for being toxic assholes to anyone who doesn't think Mario and Link games are 100% masterpiece god created perfection. At least League players can admit when shits not great in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Was talking to a friend about Dead by Daylight earlier and they were interested but asked 'how toxic is it?' which in and of itself says something about the expectations we set up for randoms in online games i suppose. But it did make me think about the absolute worst experiences i've had in games. Destiny has always been pretty infamous for a dogshit community. The "i'm not going to do anything, thanks for the carry lel" sort of players but personally if you can ignore them that never really comes off as "TOXIC" toxic. Something i equate beyond rudeness to making a game unplayable.

For my money the most toxic group of assholes i've had the misfortune of running into is the Rainbow Six Siege userbase. The game has friendly fire and so 99 times out of 100 i can go "its been a few months, maybe the devs solved it" and instantly load in and die as some screamer streamer meme queen just killed his own team and is screeching to 'check out my epic rage montages on youtube!' before getting kicked or leaving. This is so common i cannot honestly recommend anyone buys the game and would instead attempt to dissuade them from doing so. Its so bad i cannot imagine how bad the numbers are for new player retention when their first experience is so extremely likely to be bad.
    People have screamed and pleaded with the devs to do something but for reasons i cannot fathom never have. So the game continues its steady decline in reputation as more and more people try it, experience the team killer simulator 2k18 gameplay for a few seconds before being kicked back to the menu, and its a genuine shame because mechanically the game is fantastic and there are no other door kicking swat style games around anymore. All because of a userbase that is monumentally far more bad than good.

But thats just me. Whats the worst userbase you have ever run into? has it outright ruined a game for you?
    CoD. Toxic rude etc.

What game makes me toxic: Overwatch, so many people that throw a game. Run in head first die, and kill that fun. Like playing soccer ( or american footbal) and then having 1 or more team m8 think its basketball and start dribbeling the ball over the field....

Probably the moba community, remember when dota went from this random fun game I'd jump into between the TD's n stuff until it became hyper toxic.

Also experienced it on the low end of my raiding career as well.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

5+ Year Old Account
    WoW (Elitists have reached an all time high, it's become a meme by now)
    LoL (3/5 games someone freaks the fack out)
    CoD
    Those are the usual suspects.

Unfortunately:

Starcraft 2 (Ranking/1v1 is a circle-jerking of elitists, chat is unmonitored to the point of seeing some racist stuff thrown around from a day to day basis without repercussions. Shame cause the Co-op mode is super fun and SC2 as a whole is the most polished RTS on the market)
    Company of Heroes 1/2 (Game has interesting concept but the P2W aka buy commanders model and the tryhard community have left a bitter taste)
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Dead by daylight
    Darksouls

FFXIV out of the games i play, and i play this game ALOT.

Community that spend every minute of the day licking the asshole of Yoshi-P like he is some kind of a deity, refuse to accept the flaws of the games, flaws that is destroying the game.
    Same people who refuse to aknowledge how shitty they are playing, dragging people around them down, refusing to improve or put in some effort only to screech "you dont pay my sub" when called out on it, between throwing hundreds of dollars on mogstation.

And they will lose their absolute shit as soon they see someone try to take the game seriously, ACT? Parsers? FFlogs? Yoshi-P please ban them because it tells people what an garbage player i am.

You can see some of the same shit in WoW, but not even close to this degree.

Dota2 is a close second, the amount of russian's and peruvians who play only to piss about in comp, only to feed and troll, to fuck with you and only to start their little insult throwing tantrums as soon you call them out on it, disgusting.