Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Bunch of neets who can’t afford $50 ayyy lmao
    bunch of weebs who mindlessly throw their cash for useless virtual shit is the main reason why this entire industry is turning into a corporate hellhole

but yeah sure why would anyone think about the purchases they make lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    bunch of weebs who mindlessly throw their cash for useless virtual shit is the main reason why this entire industry is turning into a corporate hellhole

but yeah sure why would anyone think about the purchases they make lmao
    But $50 is like pocket change brah

Deleted
    google "economics"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/BlizzCon_2016#Virtual_Rewards < Hots mount
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/BlizzCon_2015#Virutal_Rewards < hots mount
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/BlizzCon_2...g.2FGoodie_Bag < hots mount
    only 2013 and before they had no mounts.

Some of the old skins where not available to other people. Only because cry baby's cry about the price have they done that.

And this is about this year. If trents hold we get a good deal.

As for support of this price...its a good deal for that stuff....and if you do not want it...do not buy it. And its good value to. 2 mounts, a skin, pet and 20 to 25% less on a real life goody bag...

But lets do some calculating: A mount in wow is 25 dollars, a pet 10.
    Last year you got 2 mounts and a pet... ( i know the mount is for a other game. But if they where sold i would guess they have about the same price...but to be sure lets calculate it all. Also a legendary overwatch skin. A legendary skin drop rate is about 7.5%. that means about 13 loot boxes to get it. to by that you need to spent 12 dollars to get it 100%.

Mount 2 times 40 ( and if you get 2 mounts for wow like last year it would be 60)
    pet 10
    Skin 12

So we are already at 62 dollars. And they we still have some ingame goody's + the % off on the goody bag.
    Getting a good deal while the price is raised is not a good deal, you pay more for what they have always given. You make it sound like you get extra rewards this time around, however in reality it has always been the same amount of rewards for all their licensed games. Also it's not like I don't wanna buy their virtual ticket, I would be excited to follow up on their panals and see what's new, but I (and many others) can't justify paying more for what we essentially got last year too. Companies will try to squeeze as much money as they can while keeping the product stagnant. I can guarentee you the price for blizzcon virtual tickets will be raised to 60$ and 50€ in two years time if people keep blindly support the "it's only a 10$/10€ increase."

I could calculate last year's reward too and come to the conclusion that you would've saved 10$/10€ compared to now if I had to follow your calculations. As a consumer, you want to pay less, not more. At this point you are paying more for less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought a ticket some years ago, wasn't really worth it as most just wasn't interesting. As per usual, I'll just read some summaries or watch a bit on YT.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

7+ Year Old Account
    If someone feels the need to sponsor a useless cretin like me with a virtual ticket I wouldn't say no >.>

not going to pay 40€ something i going to learn later and I couldn't care less in game stuff which they even reduced this blizzcon

Not surprised by this after they increased the price of this years expansion by 25%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i really wish they'd reveal the stuff we get for virtual ticket 50 dollars for a thing like this better be worth it then again hey maybe they will give us early access to the classic server in testing or something (sarcasm)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    at the very least the 10 buck increased price could have been a seperate payment option but you could choose to get ingame good from one game that people got in the ticket last year, idk.

we all know blizzard realises that their target audience is so mindless that they'll throw money at them for anything, which again is the reason why microtransactions became such an issue in gaming. it's easy to lure people into buying something they don't really need, provided its' offered correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Hakbilen View Post
    Getting a good deal while the price is raised is not a good deal, you pay more for what they have always given.
    Yup but you get more, because there are more games....in previous years you pay 10 bucks less. But there was not Overwatch yet.... Then you hat 2 cheap years ( not hearing people talking about that). And then they raised the prise.

You make it sound like you get extra rewards this time around, however in reality it has always been the same amount of rewards for all their licensed games.
    Nope i do not. If you think that let me be clear. I made the point to people who say its expensive...showing that if you buy the stuff 1 at the time from the store its more expensive.

Also it's not like I don't wanna buy their virtual ticket, I would be excited to follow up on their panals and see what's new, but I (and many others) can't justify paying more for what we essentially got last year too.
    And 2 years before that you paid the same amount for getting less, then 2 years you got a bit more. And now you pay a bit more.

Companies will try to squeeze as much money as they can while keeping the product stagnant. I can guarentee you the price for blizzcon virtual tickets will be raised to 60$ and 50€ in two years time if people keep blindly support the "it's only a 10$/10€ increase."
    If they have more games, and more ingame stuff then they have a right to raise it. Lets say they annouce diablo 4 or overwatch 2 or something. And the old games also are still live. And you get more stuff then...then a price raise is normal.

I could calculate last year's reward too and come to the conclusion that you would've saved 10$/10€ compared to now if I had to follow your calculations. As a consumer, you want to pay less, not more. At this point you are paying more for less.
    Yes and that is right. and if you calculate the years before overwatch then it was expensive again. But you forget to say that.

And again...its a extra. you do not have to buy it. Its a choice. If they give more and you get more...what is the problem?

Thanks russian streams allowing me to never pay for this shit.

Deleted
    Tbh you're straight out R... if you pay 50$ to watch something there is on youtueb an hour later. Milking those moneys from people. Nice people support it lol...

Buying it with WoW gold. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    $50 which will probably get you yet ANOTHER limited edition in-game mount for WoW along with other goodies for other games. Considering mounts in the store are already $25 that's not a bad deal.
    In all fairness, Blizzcon mounts are typically the exception, not the rule (offhand I can only think of the Big Blizzard Bear, which may've been TCG and not Blizzcon but I can't remember, and the gunship mounts from last year). It's usually a themed Murloc pet fitting the upcoming expansion or hyping up another Blizzard game (as in the cases of Grunty, Murkablo, and Murkalot, and perhaps others that escape my memory).

This year I'm predicting either a pair of Murlocs (like the two PvP Murlocs we got recently) themed around Anduin and Sylvanas, one themed around N'Zoth, or one based on a likely upcoming Diablo announcement.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    In all fairness, Blizzcon mounts are typically the exception, not the rule (offhand I can only think of the Big Blizzard Bear, which may've been TCG and not Blizzcon but I can't remember, and the gunship mounts from last year). It's usually a themed Murloc pet fitting the upcoming expansion or hyping up another Blizzard game (as in the cases of Grunty, Murkablo, and Murkalot, and perhaps others that escape my memory).

This year I'm predicting either a pair of Murlocs (like the two PvP Murlocs we got recently) themed around Anduin and Sylvanas, one themed around N'Zoth, or one based on a likely upcoming Diablo announcement.
    Correct. There have been two mounts. The 08 Blizzcon Bear and last years faction ship. The other years have been pets. I personally wouldn’t buy the ticket before the announcement if you wouldn’t be happy with a battle pet instead of a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Correct. There have been two mounts. The 08 Blizzcon Bear and last years faction ship. The other years have been pets. I personally wouldn’t buy the ticket before the announcement if you wouldn’t be happy with a battle pet instead of a mount.
    I have only ever picked up the Virtual Ticket for these. The pets were not enough of a reward for me, but if they came out again this year and said it was a mount again, I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    I think when you start to justify real world purchases by comparing the dollar value to an in-game currency....you may have lost a little perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Buying it with WoW gold. Problem solved.
    still not worth to waste gold if it wont have a mount worth at least 800k+ gold in EU. it would have to be way more cool then the 500k from legion

1 thing im sure. im not wasting 800k on shitty pet.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-09-16 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yup but you get more, because there are more games....in previous years you pay 10 bucks less. But there was not Overwatch yet.... Then you hat 2 cheap years ( not hearing people talking about that). And then they raised the prise.
    I agree with you that if more games were added to blizzcon, a price raise would be more than fair. As you say, overwatch wasn't added to the roster of blizzard games shown until 2 years ago. if they did increase the price for the virtual ticket back then, I doubt people would've cared to such a degreee. Because that meant more content, but they didn't. For two years, we've gotten that content for a solid price tag of 40$ and 30€. Overwatch is not something new anymore. Now we can ask ourselves, why do we want to pay more for something we used to get before?

Nope i do not. If you think that let me be clear. I made the point to people who say its expensive...showing that if you buy the stuff 1 at the time from the store its more expensive.
    But why would I buy all the items one by one, when I could just buy the ones that interests me the most and save money? Not sure where this was headed, sorry.

And 2 years before that you paid the same amount for getting less, then 2 years you got a bit more. And now you pay a bit more.

Let the past be the past? What they did years ago has little to no relevance when we are talking about present times. You simply cannot compare that way. Let's say you bought a painting from an artist 6 years ago, would that make it so you got less for your money compared to what the artist can illustrate in his paintings 6 years later? No it doesn't, nor does it make it so you get more for having waited 6 years, because there's always improvements. There's a time and a place for everything. Sure, the same thing could be said about blizzcon and it's virtual ticket, I'll ask you this then. If you can tell me one thing they've added to make this experience somehow any different from last year to explain the price raise, by all means inform me. Last I checked, Blizzcon is from 2. nov. 2018 – 3. nov. 2018 same length as last year.

If they have more games, and more ingame stuff then they have a right to raise it. Lets say they annouce diablo 4 or overwatch 2 or something. And the old games also are still live. And you get more stuff then...then a price raise is normal.
    I do agree with you, but they haven't announced any new games, have they? So it boils down to what ifs. And ingame stuff? But the ingame stuff have been the same as always. You get exclusive ingame stuff in WoW, HotS, diablo and HearthStone and then timed-exclusive ingame stuff for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered. How is this getting more compared to last year?

Yes and that is right. and if you calculate the years before overwatch then it was expensive again. But you forget to say that.
    Believe it or not, but the price of the virtual ticket was somewhat expensive even before overwatch. Every year there's always been streaming issues, which they just can't seem to fix. I doubt this year will be any different

And again...its a extra. you do not have to buy it. Its a choice. If they give more and you get more...what is the problem?
    The problem is, they don't. They objectively give less for a higher price, at least for right now. The increase of the price makes no sense since some of the items will be available to people who did not purchase the virtual ticket, which beats the purpose of Blizzcon virtual tickets. It’s supposed to be an exclusive and premium experience with rewards but apparently not at the moment.