Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    It seems really strange Jaina is a boss for the Horde. She's at her peak right now. They don't stand a chance. The only way I can see this going is if it one of those fights that ends at like 80% or something. Where she decides there's something else worth doing more than just killing the horde fighting her at the moment. Also, kinda pathetic the Alliance has to retreat from the siege given how strong they are at the moment in comparison to how the horde storyline ended. Hopefully it's not a retreat in defeat but pulling back after accomplishing our goal.
    Jaina isn't some god mate, we've fought stronger bosses before.

Probably not. Would feel incredibly cheap to kill her off so soon after she's become the Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras.

Rastakhan might die to make way for Talanji becoming queen, though.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems really strange Jaina is a boss for the Horde. She's at her peak right now. They don't stand a chance. The only way I can see this going is if it one of those fights that ends at like 80% or something. Where she decides there's something else worth doing more than just killing the horde fighting her at the moment.
    I think you're deifying Jaina a bit there.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Jaina isn't some god mate, we've fought stronger bosses before.
    And we've done it together. Now it's just you against a lore character at her peak, one that even Thalyssra was apprehensive to fight and that Zul foresaw would beat all of you at the Stormwind extraction scenario.

She's not to be trifled with, specially not now that her mind and resolve are as lucid as ever. She was able to freeze both armies in Undercity years ago, she has a lot more power now. A regular encounter will not work unless they decide to ignore how strong she actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I think you're deifying Jaina a bit there.
    It would be as stupid as having some rando alliance raid fight Sylvanas and the horde army as an encounter. The power level is uneven.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    She will turn into a dreadlord at 10% in mythic for the secret phase.
    Lol this! I can't believe I had to get to page 5 for this
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The ending of the Kul Tiras Story sounded more like a new beginning. Seeing how she's also on the KT Login screen and how she's a warbringer, i doubt that she'll die. I mean we've even barely seen her.

Rastakhan (who's in a pact with Bwomsandi) will probably die making Talanji the new leader of the Zandalari Empire. As for the Alliance, Jaina's mom could die and maybe her brother?

EDIT: And I mean how is this horde bias? The way how Ion has described Things, it may seem that a good Portion of Zandalar is gonna be destroyed and it's gonna stay like that (Boralus is also gonna get permanent Damage)
    Gul'dan had a harbringer and was a huge legion agent last expasion and had next nothing story for him after battle for the broken shore.

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Jaina will probably pull the equivalent of a Fury of Frostmourne and stun/freeze the raid at 10% and fly off on her Peter Pan ship cursing the Horde under her breath like a female Dick Dastardly saying "I'll be back!" - I wouldn't put it past Blizzard
    Sylvanas already used the Dick Dastardly/Team Rocket getaway in Lordaeron :P
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

The only way for both stories to be canon is that neither accomplish their goal.

The Alliance fights their way to Rastakhan and almost kills him, but are forced to retreat.

The Horde defends Rastakhan and then pushes the Alliance, including Jaina, out of the city.

Which technically means the Alliance loses, because the Horde does defend the city. And this time they don't have to cover it in blight to do it, either!

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes....

How her story is written in kul tiras...yes.

I bet it will be done by her ressed brother ( then one the horde is trying to get).

Why because blizzard hates the alliance. Why else give the horde SoO 2.0
    so the horde capital being raided and most likely destroyed at least partially

is somehow bad for the alliance?

It would be as stupid as having some rando alliance raid fight Sylvanas and the horde army as an encounter. The power level is uneven.
    The players have fought the lich king, old gods, arch demons and Titan keepers. Jaina doesn't even come close to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    THe remaining High Elves join the Horde for maximum shitstorm effect
    Oh boy, that would be hilarious.

It seems really strange Jaina is a boss for the Horde. She's at her peak right now. They don't stand a chance. The only way I can see this going is if it one of those fights that ends at like 80% or something. Where she decides there's something else worth doing more than just killing the horde fighting her at the moment. Also, kinda pathetic the Alliance has to retreat from the siege given how strong they are at the moment in comparison to how the horde storyline ended. Hopefully it's not a retreat in defeat but pulling back after accomplishing our goal.
    Throw one random Sunreaver Archmage at her to tank her and she's useless. Or any banshee. Also, how did Alliance storyline end in comparison to the Horde one that supposedly makes them so super duper strong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Can you imagine the outcry if Alliance finally gets to go on the attack (I mean the whole Alliance, not Genn's little stunt in Stormheim) and all they get out of it is a dead Jaina? Even if they kill Rastakhan, it would be pathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    She was able to freeze both armies in Undercity years ago, she has a lot more power now. .
    "Freeze both armies"? She froze like 10 people.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The players have fought the lich king, old gods, arch demons and Titan keepers. Jaina doesn't even come close to that.
    As I said before, we've done that together. And Jaina and Sylvanas now could come close to the Lich King after all they've been through, after all they did survive a 1 on 1 with him before if barely and managed to restrain him, sylvanas even more than once. They are stronger character than we are by miles, specially when we are divided.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Can you imagine the outcry if Alliance finally gets to go on the attack (I mean the whole Alliance, not Genn's little stunt in Stormheim) and all they get out of it is a dead Jaina? Even if they kill Rastakhan, it would be pathetic.
    But you're saying it's fine if all the Horde gets is a dead Rastakhan and that's it? Jaina is going down as revenge for Rastakhan for sure.

Her story arc is finished. She has embraced her past and made up for past mistakes, there is nothing left to do but die now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone please write a detailed description of the new raid? I cant stand his voice.

Are you comparing Jaina to Sylvanas and the Horde army in terms of power level? If so, scratch the "a bit" from my initial reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But you're saying it's fine if all the Horde gets is a dead Rastakhan and that's it? Jaina is going down as revenge for Rastakhan for sure.

Her story arc is finished. She has embraced her past and made up for past mistakes, there is nothing left to do but die now.
    The difference is Talanji has been set up to be the Zandalari leader and Rastakhan's replacement from the start of the expansion. Killing a disposable character that was just introduced is in no way comparable to killing a character that's had 26 years of development. If anything, Jaina's mom might die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Another question to be raised is how much of an impact this raid is going to have in the lore. I mean, one faction is GOING to have to win, right? It can't just end in a stalemate, that would be very, very lame.
    It'll likely be a situation where the Alliance causes massive losses to the Horde, and the Horde manages to force the Alliance back to Kul'Tiras in the counter-push.

I also doubt Jaina will die, she's spent the vast majority of 8.0 MIA despite being promoted as a major character this expansion and the Kul'Tiras storyline ending in her becoming Lord-Admiral, the de facto leader of all Kul'Tiras (it's officially run by council, but currently all Houses still active in the Kul'Tiran government are loyal to the Proudmoore Admiralty thanks to the Alliance player's efforts). Hopefully Blizzard would have learned from their massive error in giving Vol'jin the Warchief's mantle only to have him do nothing and get done in by a nameless felguard, and won't kill off one of the biggest lore characters in the franchise right after re-introducing her. What will likely happen is she teleports the Horde raid back to Zandalar and orders a retreat, cutting the Alliance's losses and leaving the Horde depleted between Ul'dir (which I'm 90% sure will go to the Horde in a future Chronicle volume, given they got all the story buildup, which makes them the most sensible option) and the siege on Zandalar.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    She will proberly be on a ship we destroy, but she will manage to get away.

That said, Ion did not really say, that she would be a raid boss, just that she would be a part of the force we fight as Horde when we retaliate. I think we are gonna fight a fleet commander of some sort, while she does support dmg, bombarding us with frost spells.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.