Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by SealMemeSix View Post
    Even if it sucks cock it will get 9s and 10s across the board. We live in an era where reviewers no longer review movies, but prescribe them and push agendas. How else can you explain the reviews for The Last Jedi, or to a lesser extent, Black Panther.
    Black Panther was excellent.

Last Jedi was ok.

Some reviewers are on the "take" but there are plenty that are legit. Fantastic Four was released by a movie company with deep pockets yet somehow ended up with stinky reviews. It was even an SJW movie! And modern!

Despite watching most comic movies I've never seen the following:
    FF (Any including the Corman one)
    Batman and Robin
    Catwoman
    Elektra
    Ghost rider (Both and I like Nick Cage alot)
    I wonder what they all have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I noticed someone mentioned Cavill as Superman.
    I mentioned it, it was meeeeee!

I'm really curious if there was this much complaining about him being "bland" after the first teaser trailer for Man of Steel came out or if we are just seeing sexism do its work here.
    Honestly no clue, I didn't actually see any of the Man of Steel promo stuff, didn't see the movie for years after it was released. I have seen plenty of other teasers/ promo's that didn't present the main as bland though, staring with the same expression in so many shots. Maybe they meant it to be that way to draw the scenes together, but maybe when you're punching an old-lady, you should show some joy or anger! I did like the shot with the helmet on though...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My assumption of the MC universe was that the whole history and world is the same, but that heroes and villains were living there unbeknownst to the public for years, until they finally started revealing themselves to either save the world or take it over.
    History would have divided at least as far back as WW2 when Captain America appeared on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    History would have divided at least as far back as WW2 when Captain America appeared on the scene.
    According to Winter Soldier, a lot of staple pop culture still exists. Such as Star Wars.

And we don't seem to run into too many instances of "Hamburger Duke" or whatever you'd call a knock off Burger King.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You obviously haven't watched "Alien" and "Aliens".
    I have, they just weren't good movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    that puts you in the minority because they are massively popular movies to the point of being cultural icons

The trailer looks fantastic, I hope they didn't show all the good parts.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    According to Winter Soldier, a lot of staple pop culture still exists. Such as Star Wars.
    On the other hand...there is no MCU movie franchise in the MCU. There is, however, a Biopic about Tony Stark...with Simon Williams (portrayed by Nathan Fillion) playing the role of Tony Stark.

There may be Captain America comic books in the MCU...but, if so, those would be based on an actual person rather than an entirely fictional character. But there wouldn't be 50+ years of Spider-Man comics, cartoons, and movies.

So yes, once again, many similarities exist between our world and the fictional MCU...but many differences as well.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You're delusional if you think pulling off strong female lead well is objective.
    You're an idiot if you think it isn't. The characteristics that determine it are pretty well defined. First and foremost is agency, something Katniss lacks for almost the entirety of 4 fucking movies.

Flaming isn't allowed. Do not insult other users. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-09-21 at 09:24 PM.

I did love Geena Davis in Long Kiss Goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You're an idiot if you think it isn't. The characteristics that determine it are pretty well defined. First and foremost is agency, something Katniss lacks for almost the entirety of 4 fucking movies.
    I would think first and foremost the movie has to be good. And she has quite a bit of agency in the movies, especially the first one.

I'm just baffled that you think opinions can be universally objective. It's like saying that watching football is objectively the best thing you can do with your time. No?
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2018-09-21 at 02:18 AM.

Maybe try watching with your eyes open next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Black Panther was excellent.

Last Jedi was ok.

Some reviewers are on the "take" but there are plenty that are legit. Fantastic Four was released by a movie company with deep pockets yet somehow ended up with stinky reviews. It was even an SJW movie! And modern!

Despite watching most comic movies I've never seen the following:
    FF (Any including the Corman one)
    Batman and Robin
    Catwoman
    Elektra
    Ghost rider (Both and I like Nick Cage alot)
    I wonder what they all have in common.
    No, it really wasn't. It was the same level of mediocre as Thor 1 and 2.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I would think first and foremost the movie has to be good. And she has quite a bit of agency in the movies, especially the first one.

I'm just baffled that you think opinions can be universally objective. It's like saying that watching football is objectively the best thing you can do with your time. No?
    That's not at all the same thing. You're not talking about an opinion. What you originally said was flat out wrong. Objectively. Hunger Games is not "the only movie to successfully pull off strong female lead". I listed more than a dozen examples of movies that were successful, well acclaimed, and had much better examples of women in lead roles. Characters that actually could make decisions that drove the plot rather than reacting to a series of events completely out of their control and constantly being told what to do.

As I said in my second post, you're certainly welcome to enjoy whatever movies you like, but that's a completely different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No, it really wasn't. It was the same level of mediocre as Thor 1 and 2.
    No. It was excellent. Not as good as IM/AV/WS but better then most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    No. It was excellent. Not as good as IM/AV/WS but better then most.
    It was a perfectly okay Marvel movie.

Oh I can't wait to hear The Last Jedi excuses flow from Disney if this doesn't do well.

It's fucked how these days studios are using identity politics to make people like a movie, rather than having developed characted/a good movie. Like no one gave a shit that Sigourney Weaver was the lead of the Alien franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Black Panther was relatively obscure for non comic book fans and look how well that did.
    One better: Iron Man was a pretty obscure character in the eyes of people who don't follow comics. And look how well that... kicked off this entire madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god they didn't make her a cute little girl like the Super-Girl show! I really liked the trailer but there was one thing, why did she punch the grandma in the train LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Thank god they didn't make her a cute little girl like the Super-Girl show! I really liked the trailer but there was one thing, why did she punch the grandma in the train LOL?
    Let's be real here: The CW series are basically teen dramas / primetime soaps. They're all cute little girls / boys.

Even Arrow. He's just the broody one.