Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think he was hugely popular in infinity war and was a bad ass villain and would be a waste to not bring him back. You're welcome to disagree.

Same thing for Hela played by Cate, they underutilized her because of all the hulk/thor screen time needed in thor rag, not dissing the film. Just saying they could have done more with her
    Wait, aren't you also the person who has consistently criticized Marvel for not killing off characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Honestly, that's only a "combo character" cause they tell you it is.
    To be fair, this is a frank castle who (barely) survived the end of all life on Earth, became Ghost Rider, stewed in his own guilt and insanity for an untold number of years (but it’s in the hundreds, at least) then became a Herald of Galactus, before becoming the slave of Thanos for a few thousand years more.

If he was the same character then, that he was during his human years, I’d be very surprised.

And tbh, I mostly think he wanted to use Frank so we’d get Punisher Thanos in that last issue. Which I’m cool with.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Welp I'm going to have to stop reading in here until Captain Marvel is out to avoid spoilers.

In fucking MARCH. Sigh.

Same thing for Hela played by Cate, they underutilized her because of all the hulk/thor screen time needed in thor rag, not dissing the film. Just saying they could have done more with her
    In my dream headcanon fanfic wank, they bring her back at some point as the actual goddess of death, and reveal that Odin has been through multiple Ragnarok cycles already, and in this one his early strategy was to incarnate Hela in the hopes of averting death altogether as well as establishing Asgard's power base. Thus her personality was the way it was because she was trying to fulfil her natural role as an arbiter of death while in human (well Asgardian) form - now she's "died" and returned to her true role you have a pretext for making her a more morally neutral death goddess like in the early comics.

Also this can introduce the concept that Asgard and Odin et al can recur at some point - but in different forms as they change with each cycle.

/fanwank
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Wait, aren't you also the person who has consistently criticized Marvel for not killing off characters?
    Ive criticized them for half measures. Warmachines legs, not killing Tony Stark on titan, thors eye. They want their cake and to eat it too. Emotional impact from big events but the big events dont ever have real consequences.

When they finally get some interesting villains they should use them. They dont have to die to "beat them" for one film, some recurring villains outside of small thanos cameos and loki would be cool imo. And you could build them up so when they actually kill an avenger, you can believe it

Ive criticized them for half measures. Warmachines legs, not killing Tony Stark on titan, thors eye. They want their cake and to eat it too. Emotional impact from big events but the big events dont ever have real consequences.

When they finally get some interesting villains they should use them. They dont have to die to "beat them" for one film, some recurring villains outside of small thanos cameos and loki would be cool imo. And you could build them up so when they actually kill an avenger, you can believe it
    And the characters that they do kill (other than villains) are pretty much instantly forgotten once they are gone. It's kind of funny how Thor rattled off a list of the dead in Infinity War but forgot to mention his best friends and true companions the Warriors Three.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be fair, this is a frank castle who (barely) survived the end of all life on Earth, became Ghost Rider, stewed in his own guilt and insanity for an untold number of years (but it’s in the hundreds, at least) then became a Herald of Galactus, before becoming the slave of Thanos for a few thousand years more.
    The only thing is, it ignores the ONE fucking think that makes Frank Castle. He is driven. NOTHING will deter him from him goal. If that means fighting superheroes or villains well beyond his powers? He'll do it. If it means hunting someone down across the world? He'll do it. If it means being tortured and hurt to get to where he needs to be? He'll do it. You know what he doesn't do? He doesn't fucking stew and then become a servant of Thanos. Frank Castle, to anyone who has ANY fucking clue about the character, would continue fighting Thanos. Thanos tortures him? Doesn't matter. Thanos threatens him? Doesn't matter. Thanos keeps him alive for a few thousand years? Castle will be fucking trying to KILL Thanos every single one of those years.

Cates also doesn't get how the Penance Stare works, either. Basically, he knows the imagery of the characters he's using, but doesn't actually know the characters themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    To be fair, none of us told him Ebon Maw couldn't come back that I recall. He kept saying he'll be back and others said "he won't be back", not that Marvel could never return the bit player. I know I specifically said they could bring him back but it'd be pointless and he's not as popular as RobertoCarlos thinks.
    Still impossible to bring back a character that was sucked into space at FTL speeds and being frozen and/or all the moisture in his body being boiled. And then, assuming the fact he survived that (somehow), lets say he nears a planet. He gets sucked in by the gravity, burns up in the atmosphere, and then somehow survives the impact.

Just some dumbass thing this person still can't get over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Still impossible to bring back a character that was sucked into space at FTL speeds and being frozen and/or all the moisture in his body being boiled. And then, assuming the fact he survived that (somehow), lets say he nears a planet. He gets sucked in by the gravity, burns up in the atmosphere, and then somehow survives the impact.

Just some dumbass thing this person still can't get over.
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-MCU-streaming

Just like how Loki wasnt coming back because thor said "I think hes really gone this time"

Please, anyone can come back at any moment, proven time and time again, we dont need to go over it again.

Just like how Loki wasnt coming back because thor said "I think hes really gone this time"

Please, anyone can come back at any moment, proven time and time again, we dont need to go over it again.
    Until we know more, it's still quite possible this is set prior to AV3. On the other hand, it wouldn't exactly be a shock that Loki faked his death.

To be fair, that only says that Loki will be getting his own series...it doesn't say that he survived Thanos....the series could very well be a prequel. He's got about a thousand years of adventures that could be told.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    To be fair, that only says that Loki will be getting his own series...it doesn't say that he survived Thanos....the series could very well be a prequel. He's got about a thousand years of adventures that could be told.
    Of course, most of those stories involve Thor, so won't be told without Hemsworth I'd think. I could see something between Thor1 and Avengers maybe. Otherwise I think a post-Avengers3 story could be told, even if he is dead and it's the judgement of the afterlife or some similar trial. It's a shame they took away his kids in the MCU, since those could have been some odd/ fun stories as he tries to manage them.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I could see something between Thor1 and Avengers maybe.
    The way I see it. They have three options:

Options 1: set the series between Thor 1 and Avengers. Have it about how he survived the fall from the Bifrost and his first meeting with Thanos.
    Option 2: set it in Valhalla. Great thing about Asgardians... their afterlife is KICKING! Either put it in Valhalla, or Hel! Either would be fine.
    Option 3: give in to the fangirls, set it now, bodge some “it was all magic” nonsense and carry on as if he’d never died.

I’d be happy with 1, 2 could be fun if handled well and 3 would ssuucckk.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Comic afterlife and MCU afterlife might not be the same though, but I think I'd prefer a nice afterlife series with a judge and some flash backs or stuff.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Dark Phoenix trailer tonight? (X-Men crossed from title)

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Dark Phoenix trailer tonight? (X-Men crossed from title)
    LOW expectations...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    LOW expectations...
    Yeah, can't bring myself to care until we get an X-Men movie connected to the MCU. I haven't liked one since X2, and even X1 and X2 don't hold up all that well.

Dark Phoenix suffers from Game of thrones overrated actor syndrome.

Sophie turner just like emilia clarke couldnt act their way out of a wet paper bag. Pretty to look at though

Eventually there will be movies with Jean Grey where she doesn't go from zero to Dark Phoenix.

Eventually...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Phoenix suffers from Game of thrones overrated actor syndrome.

Sophie turner just like emilia clarke couldnt act their way out of a wet paper bag. Pretty to look at though
    I agree Turner and Clarke have left much to the imagination when it comes to acting outside of GoT. In Game of Thrones they are fine because they have been cast into that roll. Taking them out of that roll reveals all their weaknesses.

But on topic I am really not that interested in a 2 hour movie trying to cover a saga that lasted two years in the comics. The X-Men animated series did a good job as it devoted two seasons to the Phoenix Saga. Its like M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender movie trying to cram one whole season into a 2 hour movie, you cut out so much and try and put so much in, it just becomes a mess.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-28 at 10:27 AM.

Emilia Clarke is a good actor but Sophie Turner has been terrible from everything I've seen.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.