Poll: Which version of Warlocks did you enjoy most?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question What version of Warlocks have you enjoyed playing most and why?

Warlocks have had their fair share of revamps and changes over the course of WoW, which was your favourite and why?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I'm a casual player who subs for two months a year max. I really liked Legion affliction. Everything was dying around me and I could solo some bitches like no one else. I really appreciated my ex-main warlock after a long time, my shadow priest was/is sucking bag of dicks since... forever. The only reason I was so cool with SP is Anathema and not a lot of us overall. But that suffering had to end.
    Last edited by innerpartycolt; 2018-09-22 at 02:45 PM.

Shadow bolt spam back in TBC and destruction in WoD with charred remains (because of simple and great aoe, especially mechanically - not requiring fucking stationary mobs)

Warlock in MoP was so much fun I don't understand how anyone who played back then can still play the class.

The obvious answer is Mists due to the ability to cast on the run, awesome Fire and Brimstone, great Shadowburns, full damage Havoc, and have almost as much HP as a tank. That was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only choose one answer?
    MoP in that case. Destruction in MoP is probably the most well-designed spec that WoW ever had, everything just felt GREAT.

Second to MoP would be Vanilla for me.
    Running around in world PvP with my Nightfall/Conflag build was INCREDIBLY fun.

MoP and WoD pre-uber nerf Demonology.

Shit, good old times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Easily MoP

Affliction - It's a toss up between Wrath and Cata.
    Demonology. It's the spec I've played least but probably most enjoyable in Cata.
    Destruction - MoP for sure.

If I had to pick a time where all 3 specs felt good I'd say Wrath or Cata.

Demonology and destruction, definately MoP. I'd love to have some aspects of it back. Appropriately tuned of course.

Affliction: Wrath of the Lich King; Cataclysm a close second.
    Demonology: Mists of Pandaria.
    Destruction: Mists of Pandaria.

I think Blizz has missed the mark on Affliction since the MoP revamp.

Affliction = Legion
    Destro = MoP
    Demo = Cata

Overall voted for MoP

I played affliction and destruction from TBC to Legion pre-patch and enjoyed it the entire time. As soon as Legion hit both those specs were changed into something i did not like and i was left with Demo to stop me rerolling.

My warlock in BFA is still demo and i actually enjoy it now but i cancelled my sub a couple weeks ago because expansion content is garbage. Hope the game becomes worth playing again so i can get back to my warlock.

Destro Mop
    Aff Legion
    Demo WoD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Warlock in MoP was so much fun I don't understand how anyone who played back then can still play the class.
    Exactly how I feel. Playing locks now is too much of a downgrade from that.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Affliction: Wrath of the Lich King; Cataclysm a close second.
    Demonology: Mists of Pandaria.
    Destruction: Mists of Pandaria.

I think Blizz has missed the mark on Affliction since the MoP revamp.
    I agree with all points. Even the weirdness of using Immolate as Aff in Wrath.

cata affliction was the best

wrath destro

mop demo

It's hard for me to compare as I've been in different situations at various points in my WoW time. I loved Cata Afflic, and MoP Destro. I know there've been a couple times I liked Demo but I honestly can't remember off the top of my head when those were.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

MoP Lock was best Lock!

Bring back Xelnath!

Affliction burning crusade