Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcilear View Post
    The Night Elves aren't immortal though. The damage Nordrassil sustained by Archimonde and the Wisp defence undone the blessings the Aspects put on the tree.
    No, it was simply regrown. The damage was done and the power was removed as a result.

Moreover, Ysera and Alexstraza both blessed Teldrassil, however, Nozdormu flat out refused because of the way the Night Elves were. (Too much pride in who the were as a people.)
    No, he refused initially because of Fandral's hubris and insult at the War of the Shifting Sands. The second time around when Alexstrasza and Ysera were there to bless Teldrassil he was lost in the timelines trying to find himself going evil as Murozond.

Need to be open to the possibility that Blizzard has been setting Night Elves up for some sort of Paladin-esque class. I secretly hope the Zandalari are going to receive the same treatment. Sick of Femme Elves and Holy Cows.
    They will never get a paladin class and neither will the Zandalari since Rezan is dead. If you want a paladin humans and blood elves are there for you or something with hooves.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving Sentinel View Post
    No, it was simply regrown. The damage was done and the power was removed as a result.

No, he refused initially because of Fandral's hubris and insult at the War of the Shifting Sands. The second time around when Alexstrasza and Ysera were there to bless Teldrassil he was lost in the timelines trying to find himself going evil as Murozond.

They will never get a paladin class and neither will the Zandalari since Rezan is dead. If you want a paladin humans and blood elves are there for you or something with hooves.
    "The night elves made their new home of Darnassus in the boughs of Teldrassil, creating a forest of mighty trees and flowing rivers, bathed in the endless night that fell over the lands of the elves from the dawn of time. However, the tree did not restore the night elves' immortality; Nozdormu, whose blessing on Nordrassil had been the source of their immortality, saw the night elves' wish as arrogant and refused to bless Teldrassil."

I'd suggest you do your reading.
    Last edited by mmocbdffca557c; 2018-09-23 at 09:33 AM.

The Night Elves aren't immortal though. The damage Nordrassil sustained by Archimonde and the Wisp defence undone the blessings the Aspects put on the tree.
    Except the very return of Tree of Life CLEARLY mean that the NE have regained their immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Except the very return of Tree of Life CLEARLY mean that the NE have regained their immortality.
    Do you have written source that their immortality has returned?

Deleted
    Oh, speaking of Nordrassil... while doing the Dark Iron unlock quests, you find out that there are some traitors, trying to bring back Ragnaros, because they don't want Moira or her son on the Dark Iron throne.They want something else but control him, they want to serve him in all things. If we remember what he tried to do the last time around, Nordrassil might be in danger of getting burned again.

Deleted
    It may have returned but the Night Elves are mortal. Just because the tree is up does not mean they are immortal. Go do some reading.

Wowpedia:

"Although victorious, the night elves suffered greatly from the battle with Archimonde at Mount Hyjal. Their beloved World Tree Nordrassil, created and blessed by the Dragon Aspects Alexstrasza, Ysera, and Nozdormu to grant the night elves immortality, had been sacrificed to elicit a massive blast of energy to slay Archimonde. With Nordrassil's destruction, so went the night elves' sole source of protection from aging, disease, and frailty.

Over time, Nordrassil slowly began to heal its wounds, but a number of druids led by Fandral Staghelm desired to create another World Tree that would restore the night elves' immortality. Malfurion warned against this act of self-interest, but when he suddenly fell into a coma, his spirit lost within the Dream, Fandral forged ahead with his plans unopposed, becoming the new leader of the druids. The second World Tree, Teldrassil, was planted off the northern coast of Kalimdor, and eventually it towered among the clouds. Within this tree, the night elves founded the great city of Darnassus. However, Teldrassil failed. Though it grew, it was corrupted, and the dragon aspects refused to bless this new tree."

It was only later on that Alexstraza and Ysera blessed the tree. Nozdormu however still refused. Ergo, no immortality.
    Last edited by mmocbdffca557c; 2018-09-23 at 01:02 PM.

Elune: Worship me, Tyrande!
    Tyrande: Why didn't you save Teldrasil from burning?
    Elune: Oh, um... you have been chosen! For... becoming a Night Warrior.
    Tyrande: That's not a real thing, is it?
    Elune: Totally, totally a real thing. You get, deformed eyes as a present.
    Tyrande: WTF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I burst out laughing when i saw the title Night Warrior. Is she going to be Batman now?
    i'm Vengeance
    I'm the NIGHT
    I"M NIGHT WARRIOR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Holy fuck her new model looks stoned.

"Duuuude when you gaze into abyss its likeee duddddeeee gazes back and shit maaan"
    Tyr : i see void everywhere man, i mean what if sylv is right, what is death is the answer
    Baine : duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Can't Night Elf fans just be happy for once.

Jfc.
    Blizzard : NEVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well, the proof is in the pudding. What are trees of life?

The Tree of Life is a mighty enchanted sapling of the World Tree, Nordrassil, from which the night elves draw their life energies. This mysterious ancient is the key to the night elves' immortality and harmonious coexistence with nature. Nordrassil's energy, channeled through the tree of life, allows the night elves to benefit from its powers regardless of the vast distances that might separate them.

Deleted
    There is no proof because they aren't immortal. A quick read of Wowpedia will tell you that.

At the time of Stormrage, which takes place right after Arthas' death, there's a passage about Tyrande aging, because Night Elves aren't immortal anymore. The paragraph goes into detail about her appearance, saying she has some fine lines on her face, and a few gray hairs from simply beginning to age for the first time in the past few years since the Sundering. It goes on to mention the fact the Teldrassil wasn't blessed by Nozdormu, and Nordrassil was harmed in the Third War. It's fairly early in the book, as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

There is no proof because they aren't immortal. A quick read of Wowpedia will tell you that.
    So... the fact that the tree that sole purpose is to bring immortality to NE has return don't mean they are immortal... because the wiki don't say so.

ooooooooooooook then.

Let's pretend they couldn't possibly have regained it recently, like say, after the burning of Teldrasil, maybe the "people" in charge of blessing could have decided that the NE had it rough enough and decided to give them back the blessing of immortality then!
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2018-09-23 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    If she becomes the Avatar of Elune and Malfurion recovers, there is no way the night elves should ever lose another battle.
    Power doesn't counter their stupidity though.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that lore said that when the tree got restored, it didn't restore their immortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that that is from the Warcraft III manual, you may want to take that with a pinch of salt given retcons and such.

Even if they DID grant Night Elves immortality, it's likely due to their connection to Nordrassil as it's saplings (as having a magic Ancient giving Night Elves immortailty would be OP af). And with Nordrassil having lost it's power to grant Night Elves immortality, they Tree's of Life are probably just strong Ancients at this point.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

5+ Year Old Account
    "The night elves made their new home of Darnassus in the boughs of Teldrassil, creating a forest of mighty trees and flowing rivers, bathed in the endless night that fell over the lands of the elves from the dawn of time. However, the tree did not restore the night elves' immortality; Nozdormu, whose blessing on Nordrassil had been the source of their immortality, saw the night elves' wish as arrogant and refused to bless Teldrassil."

I'd suggest you do your reading.
    Nice source, I suggest you delve into more than one to cherry pick. I suggest you learn about why the Bronze Flight doesn't like Fandral in particular and how his interactions with them screwed over the rest of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It hasn't and never did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Can't Night Elf fans just be happy for once.

Jfc.
    If we got everything we asked for without any baggage we'd be fine. You wouldn't know what that's like being a Horde player. And spare me the drivel about Garrosh and 'noble savage'.

Deleted
    So... the fact that the tree that sole purpose is to bring immortality to NE has return don't mean they are immortal... because the wiki don't say so.

ooooooooooooook then.

Let's pretend they couldn't possibly have regained it recently, like say, after the burning of Teldrasil, maybe the "people" in charge of blessing could have decided that the NE had it rough enough and decided to give them back the blessing of immortality then!
    Wowpedia is going by the real lore. They aren't immortal. Nordrassil lost the blessing after the fall of Archimonde. It might be growing back but the blessings haven't returned. More specifically Nozdormu's blessing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving Sentinel View Post
    Nice source, I suggest you delve into more than one to cherry pick. I suggest you learn about why the Bronze Flight doesn't like Fandral in particular and how his interactions with them screwed over the rest of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

It hasn't and never did.

- - - Updated - - -

If we got everything we asked for without any baggage we'd be fine. You wouldn't know what that's like being a Horde player. And spare me the drivel about Garrosh and 'noble savage'.
    Something to do with Fandral planting Teldrassil against Malfurion's wishes and the tree not being blessed because asking for the immortality was arrogant. I know all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Cordana fight and Tomb of Sargeras fight.
    You mean you really don't think that the shadow magic Cordana uses is due to fact she is fel-corrupted? As for the Sisters of Elune fight, remember: fel-corrupted place fel-corrupting everything in it.

I mean, can you point me a living priestess of Elune that uses void-based magic? And, before you just point me to someone that uses shadow magic, it's not enough. Because "shadow" does not equal "void", since fel and necromancy are also "shadow".

Just like both Earth and Wind elemental magic is considered "nature".

There is also mention of it in no longer canon rpg book.
    Key words here: non-canon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Something to do with Fandral planting Teldrassil against Malfurion's wishes and the tree not being blessed because asking for the immortality was arrogant. I know all I need to know.
    Something about smashing a scepter because the Bronze Flight didn't show up soon enough at AQ to save his son's life and therefore turning the Bronze Flight against night elves in general since Fandral was the leader of the campaign at the time. You really should learn more before you flap off.

ooooooooooooook then.

You do know that the information you took regards the Tree of Life during Warcraft 3, which is when Nordrassil was still up and alive, before the night elves sacrificed it and their immortality to kill Archimonde, right?