10+ Year Old Account
    Ive played a little bit of elemental on beta and it didnt seem that bad. Im not sure what the problem was, but.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I hope this is the patch that they update fist weapon appearances/animations.
    This.
    Nothing brings down my mood than getting a new Fist Weapon, and then having to break my mog because they can't be mogged into 1handers. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ive played a little bit of elemental on beta and it didnt seem that bad. Im not sure what the problem was, but.
    Once again, elemental (and shaman in general) is a prime example of the community screaming over nothing. Elemental plays fine, in fact, it's quite fun. It just needs a damage buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again, elemental (and shaman in general) is a prime example of the community screaming over nothing. Elemental plays fine, in fact, it's quite fun. It just needs a damage buff.
    I feel like the community's two main elemental shaman concerns are valid. Basically:

1. The concept of turret gameplay sucks, especially when Blizzard will never give their specialization anywhere near the damage output required to justify that weakness. If Elemental was designed to turret but also was top 5-10 single target specializations when no movement was involved, okay, that's one thing. At least it would have a niche. As it is now, it's just bad. When Blizzard buffs the damage, they'll inevitably buff it in some minor way that will move it up to 'mediocre' but still never justify the turret weakness.

2. Cooldown on Flame Shock added in BFA is a completely pointless nerf (literally, there was no person harmed by this mechanic) and really hurts the spec flow.

But this is kind of off topic.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

PTRs were updated to 8.1 overnight. Build is likely on the horizon!

woo!

Probably unlikely but I hope more of the heritage armour stuff is in this build!

Off topic but... this is false on almost every level. Elemental is worse in EVERY aspect compared to Legion. I don't know any other spec that is.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

so I guess all's quiet on the PTR front?

Guys, I have a question. Is there anything off limits to discuss here on mmo c in terms of datamining? Sorry if that's a noob question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Guys, I have a question. Is there anything off limits to discuss here on mmo c in terms of datamining? Sorry if that's a noob question.
    I mean you should mark spoilers, but there isn't an NDA agreement in place.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Nothing's off limits but if it's big story stuff you may want to use spoiler tags. [ spoiler ] Varian dies at the Broken Shore [ / spoiler ]
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nothing's off limits but if it's big story stuff you may want to use spoiler tags. [ spoiler ] Varian dies at the Broken Shore [ / spoiler ]
    Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I mean you should mark spoilers, but there isn't an NDA agreement in place.
    Thank you.

So, I've been looking at files from the ptr. And I've seen a lot of stuff about what I assume is Tyrande's scenario. Spoiler alert!
    So I've been looking at the files and there's several skyboxes for darkshore. They feature Elune in crescent and full moon state, and it appears that it does something to Teldrassil.
    Teldrassil is no longer burning and red, but burned out and blue.

Pictures! https://imgur.com/a/28kz29y

My speculation from it, is that Tyrande calls upon Elune to put out Teldrassil and call upon the kaldorei spirits like she did with Ysera.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2018-09-26 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I feel like the community's two main elemental shaman concerns are valid. Basically:

1. The concept of turret gameplay sucks, especially when Blizzard will never give their specialization anywhere near the damage output required to justify that weakness. If Elemental was designed to turret but also was top 5-10 single target specializations when no movement was involved, okay, that's one thing. At least it would have a niche. As it is now, it's just bad. When Blizzard buffs the damage, they'll inevitably buff it in some minor way that will move it up to 'mediocre' but still never justify the turret weakness.

2. Cooldown on Flame Shock added in BFA is a completely pointless nerf (literally, there was no person harmed by this mechanic) and really hurts the spec flow.

But this is kind of off topic.
    I mean they make it sound like the spec needs a complete redesign. Damage buff. I dont see how its any less mobile than say a mage. Sure they have blink, but Shaman has Ghost wolf. Shaman even has shocks and lava burst procs to use on the move. There are issues, but not anywhere near as major as they are saying.

Buff shaman to middle of the pack or higher. Remove cd on flameshock. Nothing else needs done imo.

How can you even remotely put 6.1 and 7.1 in the same sentence? 7.1 was probably one of the largest content patches we've had in this game.
    One dungeon is the largest patch ever? nice.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, I don't expect new build, but they should just repair current one. I get that they released ASAP to hype people about datamining and didn't have time to fix it on Friday, but now we already are 3 days after weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    One dungeon is the largest patch ever? nice.
    Nostalgia can make wonders to memory. "7.1 wasn't largest patch ever", it wasn't small either - 9 boss dungeon (alright many revamped, but I guess it take similar amount of work like later 4 boss dungeons), 3 boss raid and 2-3 hour of story content + smaller stuff.

And no one really remember that Blackrock Foundry came like week or two before 6.1. So this was kinda shitty patch, but it's not like it's only content we get that time. In Legion Blizz get smarter and (almost) always release raids as part of small patch.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-09-26 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nostalgia can make wonders to memory. "7.1 wasn't largest patch ever", it wasn't small either - 9 boss dungeon (alright many revamped, but I guess it take similar amount of work like later 4 boss dungeons), 3 boss raid and 2-3 hour of story content + smaller stuff.

And no one really remember that Blackrock Foundry came like week or two before 6.1. So this was kinda shitty patch, but it's not like it's only content we get that time. In Legion Blizz get smarter and (almost) always release raids as part of small patch.
    Raid didn't come with the patch. It released way later. Also 1 hour of story content at best.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Raid didn't come with the patch. It released way later. Also 1 hour of story content at best.
    Raid was unlocked right after Blizzcon, like 3 weeks after launch. Second part is just bullshit.

Deleted
    I dont see how its any less mobile than say a mage.
    Kiss your credibility goodbye LOL xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Kiss your credibility goodbye LOL xD
    Mages have blink. Ice lance, but nearly worthless without a proc. You act like mages can cast anything while moving. No you people take small issues and blow them completely out of the water. You think your spec is the worst in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you have a class like shadow priest. How are they more mobile than shaman? Dots is about all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Jesus Christ, I don't expect new build, but they should just repair current one. I get that they released ASAP to hype people about datamining and didn't have time to fix it on Friday, but now we already are 3 days after weekend.

7.1 was good, but imo 5.1 was better. 8.1 is looking great imo.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    7.1 was good, but imo 5.1 was better. 8.1 is looking great imo.
    Problem with Mist was that they released all content very fast... and then we had 14 months of nothing. If you compare 5.1 to 7.1+7.1.5, 5.2 to 7.2+7.2.5 and 5.3+5.4 to 7.3 + Antorus + 7.3.5, Legion looks waaay better.