Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Can Blizzard do something about those who leave from M+ dungeons.

Hey,

So i was doing a Temple of Sethralis +9 couple hours ago, took about 30 minutes to assemble the party - wanted to get people who know dungeon.

Dungeon was going pretty well bosses died on 1st try, adds were taken care of properly. Problems appeared only when we got to the market, where the orbs are. With necrotic this week those mobs do make life harder so we wiped couple of times but got it over with and nobody seemed raging out about anything.

Our rogue wanted to skip the adds before the last boss to maybe complete the key in time (we were at around 32 min out of 36 to complete in time, so i doubt we could have done it in time) so he let everyone know that he want to shroud and run to the boss. Apparently tank either didn't see it or he just didn't care probably thinking that we won't do it in time anyway, so he pulled the mobs.

When he pulled the mobs rogue and his friend went off the rails and started calling tank "idiot" and "retarded", said that tank depleted the key twice already (tank overpulled market mobs couple times that lead to wiping). Considering i see alot of people "rage" and talk shit in this game i didn't really care about that and just wanted to move on and finish my key, but tank decided that he was insulted too much and just left our group and went offline.

Even tho i hate people who insult others like that during any content in this game i still think that person who should be punished is the tank. Rogue and his friend are just couple of those thousands of people who overreact on things and start insulting others, but i expect people who play this game frequently to be used to this kind of people - just ignore them and move on.

In my opinion people who leave M+ dungeons before completing should be punished, because in the end everyone lost more than an hour of their time without achieving anything.

It was just a backstory to why i am asking if Blizzard are thinking about adding some punishments for that kind of players.

Also english is not my first language so forgive me for mistakes.

Agreed. The same for battlegrounds. A system like Counter-Strike would be good. Leave a couple of times? Too bad, you can't play competitive anymore for a week or so.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    How to deal with online bullies? Kill himself for being bullied? No, just go offline, he did the right thing. The toxic ppl should be banned. If you dont want to play with someone you think is not as good as you, you can leave or shut up.

Deleted
    I'd have punished the ragers who go mental over a video game before the guy trying his best, but hey.

Deleted
    So the tank is being insulted by antisocial players. He leaves because of that, and then he should be punished..??
    Interesting logic.

Those players calling him idiot and retarded should be punished in my opinion. Your tank was right.

Leaving a dungeon is very bad, although people like the rogue who started insulting are of the worst kind in this game. A part of me is glad the tank left just to imagine their sweet tears.

This is why I can't stand play with randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    How to deal with online bullies? Kill himself for being bullied? No, just go offline, he did the right thing. The toxic ppl should be banned. If you dont want to play with someone you think is not as good as you, you can leave or shut up.
    As i said there are alot of people like this in Wow and i expect to meet them while doing M+ keys. When i meet people like that and if they insult me i ignore them because i care more about the loot i get from completing the keystone than i care about opinions of random plebs ingame.

Why do you bring up suicide as first problemsolver in this situation?

100% agree. blizz virtually supports exactly that players that kill their game via toxic behaviour, greed and impatience, by doing nothing against. as long as ppl can get away with by not just wasting their time, out of an emotional moment, but also the time of 4 other olayers (m+) or 20-30 players (instant leavers in pug raids), will lead to a game exp for the majority of ppl, that just simply sucks.

i dont get why blizz helping ppl to strongen the sentiment „wow sucks“ for a bigger part of their paying customers, instead radically punishing ppl that cause that sentiment...

think about how many leave a m+ just out of pure emotional reactions cause „world dont act as i want it“ when they get banned from m+ for 1 or 3 days or whatever. from „35% of all players leave m+ early“ we will decrease instantly to „5% of all player leave m+ early“.

and no, this wouldnt harm ppl, that have good reasons to leave. in example: they have to go cause of RL reasons. that ppl would have either no problem with being banned 1 day in a video game, or they (and this is the next good aspect of it) would only queue for a dungeon, when they are sure they have enough time.

in short: by not acting against fucked up behaviour, blizz shoot themselfes in their foot, because they make 4 ppl angry, by not making 1 ppl angry. obviously they are not good at maths.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Leaving a dungeon is very bad, although people like the rogue who started insulting are of the worst kind in this game. A part of me is glad the tank left just to imagine their sweet tears.

This is why I can't stand play with randoms.
    I agree that players who insult are ultimately the bad ones i this story, but leaving the dungeon at the very last boss due to some insults is punishing not only the bully but me and healer, who were friendly and supportive throughout the dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cerbje View Post
    So the tank is being insulted by antisocial players. He leaves because of that, and then he should be punished..??
    Interesting logic.

Those players calling him idiot and retarded should be punished in my opinion. Your tank was right.
    Perhaps i just look at ingame insulting differently than you - I don't give 2 shits about some rogue insulting me over a mistake. The tank left and caused all people in the dungeon to eat shit for wasting 1 hour. I really expect people to be stronger against some randoms calling names

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    I'd have punished the ragers who go mental over a video game before the guy trying his best, but hey.
    You have a point, but who was the one who raged/overreacted in the end? In my opinion it was the tank.

I got no problems with people making mistakes - we all do, but taking words of a random dude on the internet and punishing others that had other mentality over situation is wrong in my opinion and i blame tank for this.

The tank was right.

Don't want leavers ? Don't be a dick is a first step. It's a game and I don't want to deal with those kind of players

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramml View Post
    Even tho i hate people who insult others like that during any content in this game i still think that person who should be punished is the tank. Rogue and his friend are just couple of those thousands of people who overreact on things and start insulting others, but i expect people who play this game frequently to be used to this kind of people - just ignore them and move on.

In my opinion people who leave M+ dungeons before completing should be punished, because in the end everyone lost more than an hour of their time without achieving anything.
    Honestly, if you ask me that tank leaving is the system working as intended. That rogue and his friend sound like little shits and the entire problem could have been avoided if they had any capacity to not act like dicks. Even if Blizzard had a mechanism for punishing players who leave M+ that tank should have been exempt because he was 100% justified in doing so.

Yes sure, it sucks that you had to suffer for it, but to be perfectly honest you're a big part of the problem because you're happy to condone other players acting like dicks. The only way that assholes like rogue and friend will learn is if they suffer the consequences. Having other players excuse their behaviour simply enables them to continue to act like self entitled shits. I hope that the tank reported them for using abusive language.

Moral of the story: This is a game where you get to play with other people. Try to remember that and don't be abusive. And when others are being abusive, try to recognise it and not just let it slide because you want to complete your dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that players who insult are ultimately the bad ones i this story, but leaving the dungeon at the very last boss due to some insults is punishing not only the bully but me and healer, who were friendly and supportive throughout the dungeon.
    So what do you suggest instead? Reward the bully in spite of his behaviour? I get that it may seem expedient at the time, but it sets a precedent it just makes the problem worse. If you're not prepared to make a small personal sacrifice to make sure that the bully doesn't get away with his shit, it simply encourages more of the same.

Perhaps i just look at ingame insulting differently than you - I don't give 2 shits about some rogue insulting me over a mistake.
    That's fine for you. But you cannot expect other people to be fine with it.

The tank left and caused all people in the dungeon to eat shit for wasting 1 hour. I really expect people to be stronger against some randoms calling names
    No one should ever be expected to put up with abuse. And blaming the victim for leaving makes you complicit in the abuse.

You have a point, but who was the one who raged/overreacted in the end? In my opinion it was the tank.
    It wasn't an overreaction

I got no problems with people making mistakes - we all do, but taking words of a random dude on the internet and punishing others that had other mentality over situation is wrong in my opinion and i blame tank for this.
    Yeah, and we're all telling you that you're blaming the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The tank was right.

Don't want leavers ? Don't be a dick is a first step. It's a game and I don't want to deal with those kind of players
    And u have every possibility not to deal with those players - u play with your friends.

When i pug, i expect meeting toxic people and i'm ready for not giving a fuck about their words, if u are not ready for it or as u said u don't want to deal with them, then please don't. If u are not ready to meet toxic players and u leave upon first notice of insulting u are the problem in my opinion. (Not meaning particularly you just in general)

In no way i am defending toxic people now, don't get me wrong. Toxic people are a big problem in this game but u also have all means to just skip toxic people and play with friends or guildies. Yes i could have done that too, but as i said I EXPECT meeting toxic people from time to time and i just report them and move on - they don't deserve more of my attention than filing a report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something is greatly wrong with your life priorities if you think anyone should sit by and accept being insulted so you can continue your pursuit of virtual loot. The rogue should learn basic social skills and respect for other players or stick to single player games. And you should be ashamed for not caring about someone else being abused in front of you, you could have diffused the situation by backing the tank and turning on the rogue for bringing a toxic attitude into the group but chose to let it fester. Players who aren't the best and make mistakes is a reality for every PUG group and something you must accept, being insulted for trying your best is something that should never be accepted by anyone.

On the subject of Blizzard intervening, I don't see them doing anything in the way of deserter debuffs but it would be nice if there was some sort of commendation system similar to other MMOs and Overwatch so feedback can be given on players for future group makers. In the old days this was done on realms through reputation of guilds to a point where players would often speak to GMs if players in their guilds were behaving like the rogue mentioned. But with cross realm everyone is truly random now and it feels as if there's no consequence to treating others as badly as you want.

When i pug, i expect meeting toxic people
    You can expect this as a possibility without accepting it as reasonable behaviour. The game is already lost if everybody thinks the same way as you.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2018-09-28 at 09:53 AM.

And u have every possibility not to deal with those players - u play with your friends.

When i pug, i expect meeting toxic people and i'm ready for not giving a fuck about their words, if u are not ready for it or as u said u don't want to deal with them, then please don't. If u are not ready to meet toxic players and u leave upon first notice of insulting u are the problem in my opinion. (Not meaning particularly you just in general)

In no way i am defending toxic people now, don't get me wrong. Toxic people are a big problem in this game but u also have all means to just skip toxic people and play with friends or guildies. Yes i could have done that too, but as i said I EXPECT meeting toxic people from time to time and i just report them and move on - they don't deserve more of my attention than filing a report.
    Sorry for not encouraging toxic behavior by being apathic

And I mostly play with my guild and friends for this very reasons. But if I ran into an ass, I will let him know the best way I can : jump off the toxic train and let him crash elsewhere.
    Last edited by Erwarth; 2018-09-28 at 10:00 AM.

I will never in my life understand why people leave well running dungeons just because someone insulted them.
    I wanted to get inside that dungeon to get my loot and my chest, i invested quite some time and effort into reaching that point with the group. You could hurl the vilest fucking insults ever at me and i'd still finish the dungeon with you because my chance at loot and my time are simply more important than your blubbering.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Something is greatly wrong with your life priorities if you think anyone should sit by and accept being insulted so you can continue your pursuit of virtual loot. The rogue should learn basic social skills and respect for other players or stick to single player games. And you should be ashamed for not caring about someone else being abused in front of you, you could have diffused the situation by backing the tank and turning on the rogue for bringing a toxic attitude into the group but chose to let it fester. Players who aren't the best and make mistakes is a reality for every PUG group and something you must accept, being insulted for trying your best is something that should never be accepted by anyone.

On the subject of Blizzard intervening, I don't see them doing anything in the way of deserter debuffs but it would be nice if there was some sort of commendation system similar to other MMOs and Overwatch so feedback can be given on players for future group makers. In the old days this was done on realms through reputation of guilds to a point where players would often speak to GMs if players in their guilds were behaving like the rogue mentioned. But with cross realm everyone is truly random now and it feels as if there's no consequence to treating others as badly as you want.

You can expect this as a possibility without accepting it as reasonable behaviour. The game is already lost if everybody thinks the same way as you.
    I already stated multiple times that i just don't care about people talking shit ingame and i think nobody should. I am no psychology consultant in the dungeon party so usually my "defusing the situation" is just telling everyone to relax and move on. I only got to write "np, just go shroud on next pack", next thing the tank left and that was all. I am never okay with toxic people.

I agree with you on the point about commendation system, that would mark toxic people aswell those who leave too soon.

I am never accepting toxic behaviour, when people rage all i say is "relax" - i'm not going to have deep conversation with random pleb who couldn't keep shit inside.

Why ignoring toxic people and reporting them is a bad thing? If i'm ignoring person who is shittalking me he stops, because he gets no reaction, then i report him and move on. When u leave or start fighting toxic people it just shows that they won - they made u rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I will never in my life understand why people leave well running dungeons just because someone insulted them.
    I wanted to get inside that dungeon to get my loot and my chest, i invested quite some time and effort into reaching that point with the group. You could hurl the vilest fucking insults ever at me and i'd still finish the dungeon with you because my chance at loot and my time are simply more important than your blubbering.
    This is exactly how i see it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Sorry for not encouraging toxic behavior by being apathic

And I mostly play with my guild and friends for this very reasons. But if I ran into an ass, I will let him know the best way I can : jump off the toxic train and let him crash elsewhere.
    At what point of my story it seemed that i am encouraging toxicity? Report the toxic piece of shit, why do you punish others in the same group?

This is exactly how i see it

- - - Updated - - -

At what point of my story it seemed that i am encouraging toxicity? Report the toxic piece of shit, why do you punish others in the same group?
    To be totally honest, it depend on the situation, it depend on the group itself. Are the other accepting the raging outburst ? Did they tell him to shut up ? Did they rage with him ? Did the guy calm down ?

Most time, the guys just go ape, the others stay passive (= accept it) so I try to tell him to calm down one time. If he doesn't, tough shit i'm out. Or he is. But either case, the group is ruined. That's why I do PuG very rarely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I can't say I'd understand why someone would insult another player in a well running dungeon group either. Ultimately it's a game, loot is replaceable and being insulted isn't fun. I'd rather spend the next 20 minutes doing something enjoyable with my leisure time than being abused.
    But good for you if you've reached a point in life where you can disregard everything others say about you.

You're wrong, though. Rogue&friend learned a valuable lesson about why you don't chimp out and throw a tantrum like a big baby. They have all the fault, for not acting like civilized adults.

They're absolutely at fault. I wouldn't stay either. I'm not here to carry a bunch of entitled manchildren through a dungeon when they can't treat me like a person.

If Blizzard for whatever reason decided to punish people who leave. I'd just stop up and wait for a kick.