The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    That raises a big question. I wonder if happened similar to Ford. She knew Kavanaugh was on the short list of picks in July and sent her letter. People in Kavanaugh's social circle from that time might have started chattering about it as well and Kavanaugh caught wind. A lot of them are apparently still in text and email groups together. It's not unlikely that they found out at the start of July, started talking between each other about what kind of douchey shit he might have done, Kav caught wind, then by the end of July had his people getting on it.
    Hopefully it won't take much more for the GOP to grow a spine and NOT put an accused rapist on the SCOTUS. What you're saying above seems to be enough. It might even meet the criteria for criminal conspiracy.

At least his reputation as a rapist may be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    No I didn't. I addresses it at the end.

That other stuff yeah. Classic politics. As I said I don't mind him not getting to scotus. All this being so public is the bad part I'd say.

It's not right for his whole reputation to be ruined because of this. I hope he'll at least have his current job.
    No, you didn't. You skipped over it all to cherry pick him admitting to drinking to ignore him LYING about all that other stuff which is what destroyed his image, and his qualifications as a judge, and made his accusers that much more believable. He destroyed his reputation with the lying that you completely passed over and his desire to stay in that position knowing it put him in the spotlight while lying while he was there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not right for his whole reputation to be ruined because of this. I hope he'll at least have his current job.
    Maybe he shouldn't have sexually assaulted people and then lied to cover it up? Poor Kavanaugh, being held accountable for his actions. It's almost like we insist on people being honest before we sit them at the highest court.

You really need to wake the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    At least his reputation as a rapist may be confirmed.
    It was be of the highest judicial irony if he ended up going to jail for his past crimes, because of this nomination process. I seriously cannot wait for the Nov elections. Are there any women who still support the GOP at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    The Senate Judiciary Committee requested a limited-scope FBI investigation, and that's what the White House ordered. After pushback, the White House appears to have eased that limited scope. This is the White House being cooperative with Democrats, Edge.
    Do you honestly believe there is a chance in hell that Kavanaugh is not going to get the seat? Honestly, why all this bullshit? Isn’t the whole point of Trump that he is a straight shooter? Why waste all these resources on the inevitable? Tax payers are an infinite campaign fund of GOP?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    he could admit to a 3-some

he actually did it with all he has done and the new story about him trying to contact people to cut this story off before it even became public for him to know about it unless he has a mole feeding him information early.
    So this is the meat of that 11 line post? You should have just removed the other lines from the get go, if they didn't matter.

He could admit to a 3-some, which he might have not even done. He could admit to it being bragging between friends or something sure. If he did do a 3-some then sure.
    I can't really say anything about that. Since reading thru the article the 2 texts are in the middle of a lot of boilerplate. The first one seems to be asking him to refute the claim, after he and public already knew about the claim. Which is just accused of "going before his legal team and appropriate methods of handling them". So basically nothing.

Further, the texts show Kavanaugh may need to be questioned about how far back he anticipated that Ramirez would air allegations against him. Berchem says in her memo that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.
    I have no idea what the texts are. I also don't know of any narrative or Kav related things happening in July. So there is nothing to comment on the rest.
    Last edited by mmoc577b6d7ce7; 2018-10-01 at 11:13 PM.

So this is the meat of that 11 line post? You should have just removed the other lines from the get go, if they didn't matter.

He could admit to a 3-some, which he might have not even done. He could admit to it being bragging between friends or something sure. If he did do a 3-some then sure.
    I can't really say anything about that. Since reading thru the article the 2 texts are in the middle of a lot of boilerplate. The first one seems to be asking him to refute the claim, after he and public already knew about the claim.

Further, the texts show Kavanaugh may need to be questioned about how far back he anticipated that Ramirez would air allegations against him. Berchem says in her memo that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.

I have no idea what the texts are. I also don't know of any narrative or Kav related things happening in July. So there is nothing to comment on the rest.
    See, what you fail to realize is, Kavanaugh is fucked with these texts coming out. He texted back in JULY that Ramirez was going to accuse him. Which is why he was trying to ask his FRIENDS to stand up for him and to get the so called photo of Kavanaugh and Ramirez smiling, when all she was doing was trying to get away from him.

This only means 1 thing, and it is pretty damning evidence that he did assault Ramirez, or she witnessed the gang rapes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    See, what you fail to realize is, Kavanaugh is fucked with these texts coming out. He texted back in JULY that Ramirez was going to accuse him. Which is why he was trying to ask his FRIENDS to stand up for him and to get the so called photo of Kavanaugh and Ramirez smiling, when all she was doing was trying to get away from him.

This only means 1 thing, and it is pretty damning evidence that he did assault Ramirez, or she witnessed the gang rapes happen.
    Yeah, if there is a digital trail of him trying to prep defenses for the allegations back in July that should sink him instantly.

It probably won't, but it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Maybe he shouldn't have sexually assaulted people and then lied to cover it up? Poor Kavanaugh, being held accountable for his actions. It's almost like we insist on people being honest before we sit them at the highest court.

You really need to wake the fuck up.
    To me you should really wake up. Just a while ago you were claiming you don't know whether he has sexually assaulted people. Now you are back with it anyway. Please just make up your mind. Try to be objective or have your bias and spam it.

To me you should really wake up. Just a while ago you were claiming you don't know whether he has sexually assaulted people. Now you are back with it anyway. Please just make up your mind. Try to be objective or have your bias and spam it.
    Because the latest evidence shows he KNEW that Ramirez was going to accuse him. That means 1 thing, he did what she said he did. He knew before she even accused him. His nomination was sent to the Senate on July 10th. She accused him what? A week ago? That is fucking suspicious and that he knew she was going to accuse him. BECAUSE IT IS EVIDENCE THAT HE DID WHAT SHE IS ACCUSING HIM OF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post

Berchem says in her memo that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.
    Nowhere does this say he knew Ramirez is going to accuse him. "and/or", "may have". So it might not have been kavanaugh, not have been an anticipatory narrative. Then what is it? Before the texts really come out or we hear more about it, can't say anything.

It doesn't mean 1 thing. It can mean many different things. There are as many motives behind actions as there are people.. It's too early to say anything about them. It could very well be something very big against Kavanaugh. Or it is nothing like most of the current rape accusations.

The gang rape accusation is separate to him and Ramirez... They are completely different time periods. Gang rape accusations are about when he was 15yo or so in preparatory school, before high school and whole Ford accusation.

It really feels like a lot of people here are ready to just destroy anyone who they don't like, without even trying to understand why. It's like the people here are living thru other people's possible pain and misery. Really makes one depressed for mmo-champion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the childish antics are adorable. I think I speak for all of us in the rational world when I say we appreciate the laugh.

The evidence points to him having sexually assaulted people. Never said otherwise. FOUR victims have come forth already, and I'm sure with the warm welcome those first received, others are just dying to do so now.

The objectivity comes from the multitude of lies he's cast and now what appears to be criminal conspiracy. His world may actually end in jail time. Yours ended a long time ago, when you abandoned reason and logic and just went with feels. It's all you Trumpkins have at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, if there is a digital trail of him trying to prep defenses for the allegations back in July that should sink him instantly.

It probably won't, but it should.
    So the push back I'm seeing on this is that Kavanaugh knew that Ramirez was calling around trying to get former classmates to confirm some dirt, and testified to such:

But his claim that he first heard about the "incident matching the description given by Mrs. Ramirez" from the New Yorker is still true:

tl;dr,: He or his team learns that Ramirez is calling around to former classmates trying to corroborate some dirt, and while he doesn't know the specific allegation, he attempts to preempt it by asking former classmates to go on the record in his defense.

Then the New Yorker story drops and Kavanaugh learns the details of the new alleged incident he's now being accused of.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-10-01 at 11:28 PM.

I can't really say anything about that. Since reading thru the article the 2 texts are in the middle of a lot of boilerplate. The first one seems to be asking him to refute the claim, after he and public already knew about the claim. Which is just accused of "going before his legal team and appropriate methods of handling them". So basically nothing.
    Ok, you fall back on "Maybe he was lying about having the 3-some in the year book and didn't have one". Great, he should have been honest about it instead of claiming it was a drinking game. All while claiming he didn't have sex in high school or college and tried to paint himself as one of the good guys when he was the partying frat boys.

What about boofing (AKA taking alcohol up the butt). He could have been honest about that and instead trying to say it referred to farting basically implying his year book quote was asking everyone if they have ever farted yet.

It was him LYING about this stuff that ruined his image and reputation among the public, he did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, the childish antics are adorable. I think I speak for all of us in the rational world when I say we appreciate the laugh.

The evidence points to him having sexually assaulted people. Never said otherwise. FOUR victims have come forth already, and I'm sure with the warm welcome those first received, others are just dying to do so now.

The objectivity comes from the multitude of lies he's cast and now what appears to be criminal conspiracy. His world may actually end in jail time. Yours ended a long time ago, when you abandoned reason and logic and just went with feels. It's all you Trumpkins have at this point.
    Oh it was Fugus. Sorry about that. He replied to the one I wrote to you, so I assumed you wrote that reply.

The evidence doesn't really point anywhere. Four victims, of which one is even saying he was running a gangbang rapetrain as a 15yo while drugging drinks. And she came to their parties 10 times as a 20yo, despite knowing all that.
    Ford's case is the only one that you might even believe, which is why it's on the Senate. Ramirez I haven't read about much.

This is a "she says he says" thing, so how can you completely trust Ford and just skip over what refutes it or what Kav says? That's not objectivity. That's obvious bias.
    The only thing he could go to jail for here is perjury, and I don't believe that'll happen. Even in that article of the "conspiracy" they say it doesn't actually refute what he said under oath.
    I can believe he won't become scotus, but more than that. Current situation won't get any jail or legal repercussions.

Would you hire someone as your nanny who might be a child molestor? you're not sure if s/he is, but might be. Why would you want someone on the supreme court who might be a sexual predator, and a proven liar?

10+ Year Old Account
    So they aren't even going to let the investigation conclude? The best candidate, huh.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Ok, you fall back on "Maybe he was lying about having the 3-some in the year book and didn't have one". Great, he should have been honest about it instead of claiming it was a drinking game. All while claiming he didn't have sex in high school or college and tried to paint himself as one of the good guys when he was the partying frat boys.

What about boofing (AKA taking alcohol up the butt). He could have been honest about that and instead trying to say it referred to farting basically implying his year book quote was asking everyone if they have ever farted yet.

It was him LYING about this stuff that ruined his image and reputation among the public, he did that.
    He was a partying boy all the time in his talk.. Sex and partying is different. Maybe he did, maybe didn't? I can completely see him partying with his club but not having sex.

Boofing is supposed to refer to anal sex. Not alcohol up the butt. At least according to news sites.
    Yeah he should have been more honest. It's still not something that should ruin his reputation as much as it has. To me him not getting the position would be fair. Losing his current job wouldn't. Even then I don't know whether he'll even lose the scotus as the senate is what it is, a political game above a just place. The republics might still vote for him, I can't say whether they do or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Would you hire someone as your nanny who might be a child molestor? you're not sure if s/he is, but might be. Why would you want someone on the supreme court who might be a sexual predator, and a proven liar?
    Well because anyone could be a child molestor. There is no way to know. It's impossible to live without taking risks like that. You have to live with it.
    The lies do concern me, but the current sexual accusations do not. We'll have to see how Kavanaugh answers to them. If he completely falls apart then that's that, if he can handle and it wasn't a big thing after all, he can still be fine.

He was a partying boy all the time in his talk.. Sex and partying is different. Maybe he did, maybe didn't? I can completely see him partying with his club but not having sex.

Boofing is supposed to refer to anal sex. Not alcohol up the butt. At least according to news sites.
    Yeah he should have been more honest. It's still not something that should ruin his reputation as much as it has. To me him not getting the position would be fair. Losing his current job wouldn't. Even then I don't know whether he'll even lose the scotus as the senate is what it is, a political game above a just place. The republics might still vote for him, I can't say whether they do or not.
    Boofing generally means butt stuff but typically means Alcohol up the butt similar to the Stevie-O skit on the old JackAss movies. But can mean anal sex potentially.

I can completely believe the Republicans voting for him, they were dead set on rushing him through at all costs since the start to the point they refused to wait to even get all the records first and tried bypassing the agency responsible for them and did everything they could to rush him without looking, even this FBI they tried to hamstring till the public got too much exposure to that knowledge.

If they had any ethics to them, they wouldn't but they threw ethics out a long time ago given their actions or at the very least McConnel has and managed to get them into line with him.

But you are missing my point here. It wasn't the media destroying him image and reputation so much as it was himself. If he had just been honest, the media wouldn't have had near the stuff they do now and his credibility would be MUCH stronger than now. The more he lied, the more he tarnished him image and his credibility and made the others accusations look more plausible. Some of his own classmates have refuted him on how he was, his old classmate even mentioned him in a book with how he actually was.

He ruined his own reputation with his lying. If he had just been honest, his accusers wouldn't have sounded so credible and more importantly, he would still be seen as more qualified and potentially honest for the job.

It still comes down to this, you have a judge who is committing perjury to get a promotion in front of the congress and senate on live TV. And has been lying repeatedly this whole time and getting caught. THAT is destroying his reputation and career more than anything Ford or the rest have done so far.