Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Eddy Brock sounds kinda weird.

In the final scene of the trailer, when he walks out of the store, he sounds like Steve-O from Jackass :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Symbiote vs symbiote action. Count me in.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Good job Sony,this just went from having a high chance of being seen in a theater to a definite wait till it hits streaming services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to be R?

The Batman trilogy wasnt even R.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

the baleman trilogy wasn't even good, how is that even a point either way?

it's because Venom isn't a Saturday morning cartoon villain, what with eating brains at one point in time, he's prone to killing depending on the nature of the host.
    and if carnage is involved then yes they will have the disneify one of the most psychopathic mass-serial murderers to get him on-screen with anything less then an R-rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    the baleman trilogy wasn't even good, how is that even a point either way?

it's because Venom isn't a Saturday morning cartoon villain, what with eating brains at one point in time, he's prone to killing depending on the nature of the host.
    and if carnage is involved then yes they will have the disneify one of the most psychopathic mass-serial murderers to get him on-screen with anything less then an R-rating.
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    true, but that doesn't mean they're not wrong.
    facts are facts, the baleman trilogy was a mash-up of batman comics plots and you can't do carnage true to character without the murder-rapist host PRIOR to getting the even blood-thirstyier symbiote spawn of the venom symbiote.
    Last edited by Malikath; 2018-08-19 at 01:33 PM.

Whereas Logan and Deapool were and those heroes are well known for killing people, just like Venom.

Venom is officially rated PG-13, despite R-rated expectations

The managing editor of Fandango tweeted that the reason could be that Sony is still hoping Venom and Spider-Man might be able to square off at some point in the future — a scenario that would be more challenging, if not impossible, if Venom were released with an R rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Venom is officially rated PG-13, despite R-rated expectations

The managing editor of Fandango tweeted that the reason could be that Sony is still hoping Venom and Spider-Man might be able to square off at some point in the future — a scenario that would be more challenging, if not impossible, if Venom were released with an R rating.
    so basically "we have no real interest in exploring this character and why we choose the Vemon IP in the first place, we are simply hoping the piggybank spider-man comes along and swings his way into our studio we can make some easy money"

Sony gonna Sony.

Unless critics I trust tell me it's good this is yet another film I was looking forward to getting relegated to Redbox.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tom Hardy: 'My favourite 40 minutes of Venom were cut from the film'
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...enom-cut-film/

Sure, compare yourself to The Dark Knight. They did a good job of toning down Batman's habit of eating brains and killing people.

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    if carnage is involved then yes they will have the disneify one of the most psychopathic mass-serial murderers to get him on-screen with anything less then an R-rating.
    Carnage is the symbiote.

Cletus Kasady is not the only host Carnage has had.

So no, it doesn't have to be the serial killer Carnage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So no, it doesn't have to be the serial killer Carnage.
    Sure... but that’s kind of like saying “Other people have worn the costume, it doesn’t HAVE to be the Bruce Wayne Batman.

I mean, sure, it doesn’t HAVE to be Cletus, but he’s the first host and considered to be the most iconic, so it would be odd to introduce the character and NOT have it be Cletus.

It would be like the Venom film trying to do Lethal Protector (as it is) and not using Eddie Brock as the host.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

According to wiki, the other symbiote/human is "Riot."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    According to wiki, the other symbiote/human is "Riot."
    Yeah, they are using the Life Foundation as the villains. So we're probably also getting a mix of Riot, Agony, Scream, Phage and Lasher.

I doubt all of them in one movie though, because Sony gonna Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sure... but that’s kind of like saying “Other people have worn the costume, it doesn’t HAVE to be the Bruce Wayne Batman.

I mean, sure, it doesn’t HAVE to be Cletus, but he’s the first host and considered to be the most iconic, so it would be odd to introduce the character and NOT have it be Cletus.

It would be like the Venom film trying to do Lethal Protector (as it is) and not using Eddie Brock as the host.
    Actually in the Spider-Man game that just came out, even though it's not tied to any movie is doing a lot of things better then the movies.

The ending shows we're gonna have a symbiote user not named Eddie or Cletus in the sequel and it's far more interesting then the predictable follow OG comic story to a T. The movies could learn something from that. There isn't any surprises if you tell the same damn story over and over again.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-10-02 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The ending shows we're gonna have a symbiote user not named Eddie or Cletus in the sequel and it's far more interesting then the predictable follow OG comic story to a T. The movies could learn something from that. There isn't any surprises if you tell the same damn story over and over again.
    What they seem to be going to do in that game is something I've wanted to see done with other comic book characters for a while, because I'm sure it can lead to some very interesting results, if the writers know how to take advantage of it.

But I'm not sure a solo Venom movie with a lot of issues of its own would be a good place to experiment with the lore like that.