Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    raids have been shit for several expansions now. they feel compelled to 1 up themselves each time and the only way they know how to do so, is add more 1 shot mechanics, make the fights even longer, or tune them so tight if 1 person dies, might as well call wipe.

bfa finished off wow for me. legion was the beginning of the end and even after all the QQ about legendaries, it was better than bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Spoken like a true LFR hero.
    That comeback is as weak as your dps.

You've yet to explain how zekvoz is melee unfriendly unless moving out of melee range to mechanics to 20 seconds on a 6 minute fight is somehow massively unfair? Or do you lack the brains to articulate it and have to resort to name calling as a defence mechanism from the get go.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    A simple fix for Zul to have the fight done "properly" would be adding an additional element onto the phase change which dispels all CC on any living adds and make them CC immune for the rest of the fight

- - - Updated - - -

Vectis WAS fixed to reduce its difficulty for smaller groups... quite elegantly as well.
    Be nice if they get around to doing that for Ghuun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Same, tighter knit 10 man groups were always my way of doing it, but you just can't anymore, some bosses are 10x harder.
    Or virtually impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Mother was bugged for weeks
    By weeks, you mean mostly fixed in the first 24hrs, then completely fixed by the 48hr mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    That comeback is as weak as your dps.

You've yet to explain how zekvoz is melee unfriendly unless moving out of melee range to mechanics to 20 seconds on a 6 minute fight is somehow massively unfair? Or do you lack the brains to articulate it and have to resort to name calling as a defence mechanism from the get go.

Pathetic.
    Oh god man this is too funny, do you even understand the fight? How is moving out of melee range even on your radar for what makes that fight unfriendly to melee? I guess if you only ever do heroic you only see that phase. It's ok. Keep working on it Champ, you will get there one day<3

uldir is indeed a poor raid. not sure if it's because the instance itself is bad/dull (wrt boss design/mechanics) or because of class balance and how extremely powerful class stacking is.

It's a pretty garbage raid. Mythrax weapons should be immune to damage when they're not active and add spawns shouldn't be RNG. Fetid shouldn't have been RNG. Omega vector should've had some kind of visible indicator (not "hey he's a little bigger") like on Argus. Running orbs on G'huun should've disabled gateways and displacement abilities so it was clear the mechanic was stupid design from day 1. Crawgs on Zul shouldn't be kiteable or should punish you for not killing them off using the debuff. G'huun has potential but the total shit design of running orbs ruins it. Class stacking should never be so beneficial. The difficulty of a raid should not be substantially dictated by comp, within reason. That is, you shouldn't be able to jump 40 ranks by gearing out alts that are played at 70% effectiveness over mains halfway through progression. In general the excessive abuse of extremely unforgiving 1-shot or instant-wipe mechanics, stacking/soaking mechanics, idiotic gimmicks, RNG, or spreading mechanics can make a raid terrible.

Every raid in WoD was good. Some people didn't like some things in HM but overall it was a good raid. BRF and HFC were both excellent raids.
    There was no excellent raid in Legion. EN was pretty good, just had tuning too low, especially on Xavius. ToV should be forgotten. NH was a good raid. ToS was an awful raid. Antorus was pretty meh.

BfA now has one garbage raid. If the next one isn't amazing, I'm going to stop saying raiding is one of the remaining good things about this game.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2018-10-27 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    It's a pretty garbage raid. Mythrax weapons should be immune to damage when they're not active and add spawns shouldn't be RNG. Fetid shouldn't have been RNG. Omega vector should've had some kind of visible indicator (not "hey he's a little bigger") like on Argus. Running orbs on G'huun should've disabled gateways and displacement abilities so it was clear the mechanic was stupid design from day 1. Crawgs on Zul shouldn't be kiteable or should punish you for not killing them off using the debuff. G'huun has potential but the total shit design of running orbs ruins it. Class stacking should never be so beneficial. The difficulty of a raid should not be substantially dictated by comp, within reason. That is, you shouldn't be able to jump 40 ranks by gearing out alts that are played at 70% effectiveness over mains halfway through progression. In general the excessive abuse of extremely unforgiving 1-shot or instant-wipe mechanics, stacking/soaking mechanics, idiotic gimmicks, RNG, or spreading mechanics can make a raid terrible.

Every raid in WoD was good. Some people didn't like some things in HM but overall it was a good raid. BRF and HFC were both excellent raids.
    There was no excellent raid in Legion. EN was pretty good, just had tuning too low, especially on Xavius. ToV should be forgotten. NH was a good raid. ToS was an awful raid. Antorus was pretty meh.

BfA now has one garbage raid. If the next one isn't amazing, I'm going to stop saying raiding is one of the remaining good things about this game.
    I mean we'd be blessed if you stopped talking entirely because your opinions are terrible.

Seriously anyone who basically says EN and Nighthold are on the same level should be outright ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Oh god man this is too funny, do you even understand the fight? How is moving out of melee range even on your radar for what makes that fight unfriendly to melee? I guess if you only ever do heroic you only see that phase. It's ok. Keep working on it Champ, you will get there one day<3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/19#boss=2136

7 of the top 10 performing specs are melee. Any more retarded comments to make?

I also killed zek months ago on mythic. I don't need an MMO chump to tell me how it is when I can clearly tell the difference between fact and hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I mean we'd be blessed if you stopped talking entirely because your opinions are terrible.

Seriously anyone who basically says EN and Nighthold are on the same level should be outright ignored.
    I guess we found the the person who couldn't do Il'gynoth, who is surprised it's the person who struggles doing a +10 in BfA?

How can you bitch about RNG and then make a statement like “ every raid in WoD was good”?
    You’re on crack if you try to claim that there were no RNG mechanics in any of those raids.
    Take off your rose tinted glasses for a min and think to yourself that maybe the reason you sound so angry isn’t because the game has changed, maybe it you that’s changed and that why your so pissed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/19#boss=2136

7 of the top 10 performing specs are melee. Any more retarded comments to make?

I also killed zek months ago on mythic. I don't need an MMO chump to tell me how it is when I can clearly tell the difference between fact and hyperbole.
    Thi is one of the most hilarious things i saw on mmo-c ever. High parses on melee = the fight is good for melee? So, check Mythrax, 8 out of top 10 performing specs are melee including survival hunter and feral. Just bring more than 5 melees to Mythrax and see if you can still kill the boss without spreading out of range and losing tons of DPS.

Top melee parses are because 1)adds 2)majority of melee toolkit mostly based on short-burst capable of killing said adds to cheese DPS into logs.

Also LOL on your months ago, Uldir was out for 8 weeks (7 Mythic) so it's literally impossible.

Ranged specs excel on spread mechanics, low movement fights (mostly any fith on Uldir).

Melee specs excel on fights with movement where they dont get out of range and are not punished for being stacked (2/8 fights on Uldir).

If melee friendly fight = stack melees minus required rangeds for the fight mechanics (clear examples: Aggramar, Gul'Dan)

If ranged friendly fightc = 1 DH + 1 Warrior + 2-3 more melee depending on utility - DPS output (see Mythrax).
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2018-10-27 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    How can you bitch about RNG and then make a statement like “ every raid in WoD was good”?
    You’re on crack if you try to claim that there were no RNG mechanics in any of those raids.
    Take off your rose tinted glasses for a min and think to yourself that maybe the reason you sound so angry isn’t because the game has changed, maybe it you that’s changed and that why your so pissed
    Not only do you have the reading comprehension of a Kindergartner, you apparently don't understand what's being discussed well enough to be able to distinguish those things for yourself.

Please stop making comments in threads where even the people doing LFR have more of a clue than you do.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2018-10-27 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    worst thing about uldir imo is the poor performance, laggy as hell on a high end pc.
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Be nice if they get around to doing that for Ghuun
    Whats wrong with ghuun? Debuff is shorter the smaller your group is, on 10man you just need 3 groups of 1-2 people. With a 2-2-6 group thats easily doable.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-10-27 at 02:10 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Not only do you have the reading comprehension of a Kindergartner, you apparently don't understand what's being discussed well enough to be able to distinguish those things for yourself.

Please stop making comments in threads where even the people doing LFR have more of a clue than you do.
    Ha! Sounds like I hit a nerve. Feel free to get more upset, your colorful attempts to sound intelligent are amusing

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    As far as I'm concerned Mythrax would make my top 10 of most garbage boss designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    Ha! Sounds like I hit a nerve. Feel free to get more upset, your colorful attempts to sound intelligent are amusing
    No, you're one of those idiots who sees someone say "RNG" and immediately jumps in like "zomg I have a relevant opinion here!" You have no idea what's being discussed, not in any context. You don't even know what's being referred to by RNG because you haven't done the content nor will you ever do the content. Do you know what RNG refers to on Mythrax? Everything in the fight is random except where the weapon spawns. What would someone be referring to in terms of bad design? Have you even watched a kill video? Have you wondered why EVERYONE is standing in that same spot? No? Fuck off.

Please, continue providing your immeasurably useless feedback.

No, you're one of those idiots who sees someone say "RNG" and immediately jumps in like "zomg I have a relevant opinion here!" You have no idea what's being discussed, not in any context. You don't even know what's being referred to by RNG because you haven't done the content nor will you ever do the content. Do you know what RNG refers to on Mythrax? Everything in the fight is random except where the weapon spawns. What would someone be referring to in terms of bad design? Have you even watched a kill video? Have you wondered why EVERYONE is standing in that same spot? No? Fuck off.

Please, continue providing your immeasurably useless feedback.
    My my your a mouthy little one aren’t you?
    Just so long as we are measuring dicks I’ll have you know I’ve been playing since the game launched and have been getting cutting edge on every tier since BRF. So ya, I think I do have a valid opinion.
    I don’t happen to agree that Mythrax is a bad encounter and that If you are the kind of player who cry’s about RNG in an encounter then you are just bad.
    RNG is part of every boss as it provides a measure of unpredictably to keep players in their toes. Even if you find certain random mechanics frustrating that doesn’t mean they are bad....maybe it means that you are in fact bad because you find it difficult to adapt. You are probably someone who gets upset when their parse gets ruined by RNG and need to get pissed at something rather than just accepting that sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t. That’s just life kid, roll with it.
    Aside from blantant bugs, using RNG as your excuse for hating an encounter is weak As fuk.

Now...please continue providing your immeasurably useful and emotionally charged feedback. I find it amusing

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Thi is one of the most hilarious things i saw on mmo-c ever. High parses on melee = the fight is good for melee? So, check Mythrax, 8 out of top 10 performing specs are melee including survival hunter and feral. Just bring more than 5 melees to Mythrax and see if you can still kill the boss without spreading out of range and losing tons of DPS.

Top melee parses are because 1)adds 2)majority of melee toolkit mostly based on short-burst capable of killing said adds to cheese DPS into logs.

Also LOL on your months ago, Uldir was out for 8 weeks (7 Mythic) so it's literally impossible.

Ranged specs excel on spread mechanics, low movement fights (mostly any fith on Uldir).

Melee specs excel on fights with movement where they dont get out of range and are not punished for being stacked (2/8 fights on Uldir).

If melee friendly fight = stack melees minus required rangeds for the fight mechanics (clear examples: Aggramar, Gul'Dan)

If ranged friendly fightc = 1 DH + 1 Warrior + 2-3 more melee depending on utility - DPS output (see Mythrax).
    We aren't talking about mythrax, I agree that too many melee is bad there. Zek has no such "no melee" requirements. Theres simply small windows three or so times in the fight when you dont get uptime.

And yea, the months ago was hyperbole, my bad.