Thread: Housing in WoW

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Housing in WoW

Will WoW have a proper housing system?Garison failed miserably and other MMOs are doing way better.Being able to customise your own space and do things with people inside is awesome.I really hope Blizzard decides to implement some housing lol.I love it in GW2.

A RACING TRACK IN GW2

DECORATED GUILD HALL

A RACING TOURNOMENT

ESO LIBRARY

Rift PERSONAL HOME

FF14 HOUSE HUNTING

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see actual player (and guild!) housing in WoW, but sadly Blizzard dropped the ball with their garrisons. Those failed big time, so I doubt we will see something like that in the foreseeable future. Hell, even Path of Exile (an indie ARPG!) did a better job with "hideouts", their version of player housing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Blizzard should have done some pocket dimension shenanigans for the housing, that way we could still visiting the "garrison" and updated to be a class hall in legion while leaving options to customize a few things, oh well since the wow housing sucked, better they leave that thing out better create constant hubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I'd love to see guild halls in WoW

Not happening:

1. Garrisons' flop
    2. "omg rp turds stealin muh dev time muh 15 bucks"
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'd love to see actual player (and guild!) housing in WoW, but sadly Blizzard dropped the ball with their garrisons. Those failed big time, so I doubt we will see something like that in the foreseeable future. Hell, even Path of Exile (an indie ARPG!) did a better job with "hideouts", their version of player housing.
    I would argue that garrisons failed because Blizzard did their typical lazy one and done content. They could have kept them going in some fashion, patch the holes, improved on things, and then added more. But meh. They are great at abandoning things for really no reason other than "reasons"

I hate the idea of anything instanced.

I despised Garrisons and that's the closest thing WoW got to "player-housing".

We need more people in the world and cities, and less of people being within their own instance. Because when they are, it's like they don't even exist.

It's better if the world is one big "instance" (excluding dungeons/raids) rather than people being further split up into another 1000 individual instances due to player housing.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I would argue that garrisons failed because Blizzard did their typical lazy one and done content. They could have kept them going in some fashion
    One of my worst WoW nightmares. I only came back in Legion once I was assured the Class Hall thing was sufficiently not Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I hate the idea of anything instanced.

I despised Garrisons and that's the closest thing WoW got to "player-housing".

We need more people in the world and cities, and less of people being within their own instance. Because when they are, it's like they don't even exist.

It's better if the world is one big "instance" (excluding dungeons/raids) rather than people being further split up into another 1000 individual instances due to player housing.
    Well most MMOs let you invite people inside the instance.Lets take GW2 for example.Their guild hall even is turned into an event making machine after housing was added.They do regular race events.On another note if FF14 is taken as example the housing is made as part of the economy.
    There only benefits for WoW's player base if the housing is done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Blizzard should have done some pocket dimension shenanigans for the housing, that way we could still visiting the "garrison" and updated to be a class hall in legion while leaving options to customize a few things, oh well since the wow housing sucked, better they leave that thing out better create constant hubs
    This is why we need guild housing / airships / ships.

It will always be relevant to what ever expansion were in. Star Trek online does it, SWTOR does it and it works
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Impossible on obsoleted Wow engine, that doesn't support any dynamic geometry. Only pre-compiled one.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

We already had Blizzard's (vision of what) player housing (should be). And it failed. Therefore the playerbase does not care about Housing. Of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, thanks.

housing is always one of three things:

1. instanced like in EQ2,
    2. plots in specific areas like in DAoC or
    3. anywhere a player wants to, no example here since i don't care.

i really like my azeroth shaped by developers with their vision. i don't want xXHURRDURRXx's house anywhere where i can see it. or somehow who just doesn't know how to decorate and therefore totally killing immersion.

DAoC did it quite good with a specific area. you had a larger place and gathered about ten houses around it on pre-placed plots. you could alternate the styles, in- and exterior and even have expensive guild halls. all with an upkeep as a moneysink. you could have vendors to sell your stuff and some sort of market crier worked as an auction house interface, telling you where to go for a specific players' merchant.

that really got out of hand since everyone wanted a home and mythic had to add a lot more areas, totally crowding the housing zones with tons and tons of houses. a bit more elegant were the houses in EQ2, where you had your small lofts and visitors had to ring your name up to visit you like in a big apartment complex.

but what is good about housing anyway? sure, you can stuff your trophies there. show your tier sets maybe, have weapons on the walls like in the class order halls. for what? what does it bring to the game? if i had a house in WoW, i would prefer that it is in an exquisite spot like in bc nagrand. i wouldn't be the only one and in a few hours every nice vista in WoW would be occupied by ugly player homes. okay, something like the garrisons would work. an instance for every player and if you invite them, they could see your instance. again: what for?

at the end of the day, i would log off in my own house. and if there is no incentive to visit the house of a friend other than to see this (lack of) decoration skills, why should i care about that?

housing is somehow the wet dream of everyone who wants to play a (MMO)RPG. but since eveybody already seems to agree on the fact that WoW is no RPG, housing shouldn't even be a topic. so please stop it.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

@sylenna
    Housing can be so much more than simple solo instance.Here is a video showing group activity.Housing can be endless content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    @sylenna
    Housing can be so much more than simple solo instance.Here is a video showing group activity.Housing can be endless content.

people already complain all the day about pet battles and you expect the average wow player to like beetle racing?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Well the whole game can be done while playing solo or alone. No need for friends or a guild really. So why not

MAYBE, if we need to evacuate Azeroth we will get housing in a new planet.

Or MAYBE they will test housing in WoW Classic

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You really need to mark your sarcasm, because Blizzard reads these forums.
    Well, it was basicaly their stance when Garrisons flopped. They called them "Their vision" of player housing and there's a reason we haven't gotten anything resembling such since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    MAYBE, if we need to evacuate Azeroth we will get housing in a new planet.

Or MAYBE they will test housing in WoW Classic
    i love the first idea.
    i even suggested it myself.
    we can only hope.

as for the second part...
    brace yourself. vanilla jihadists incomming.
    "OMAGAD!!!NOCHANGEEEESSSS!!!!!! VALINA IS VANILAA!!! OK!!!!!?????!!!"

Garrisons. The end.