Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Please, no more classes. They're struggling as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    No more new classes.

They can't even get the existing ones into a good place, why in the hell should we add more?

In fact, I think they should REMOVE some specs, since they have shown themselves wholly incapable of keeping 30+ specs relevant.

That would be a painful process for some, of course, but a good move for the health of the game.

For some examples: merge arms and fury. Remove arcane, scatter their abilitys between ice and fire. Merge cat and bear again, in a way that makes sense. Remove a warlock spec, remove a rogue spec. Remove disc, make holy a current disc/holy hybrid.

Etc.

I don't expect this idea to be popular, but the wisest moves in MMO design are rarely popular. Pruning for example, EQ2 is a prime example of what you get without pruning, a bloated, grotesque mess. Did wow prune too much? maybe.
    Yea.... let's fuck over and alienate a chunk of the player base who have been playing those specs for years.

The majority of the player base also hates pruning because it's taking away from the classes, so this idea would go down well.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

5+ Year Old Account
    DO we honestly think that the noticable increase in both quantity and quality of 'hop in this walker' style quests over the last few expansions is a coincidence? The sudden variation in walker style vehicles we have seen in Legion and BfA doesn't mean anything. In Motherlode alone we see tank style walkers, melee dps, caster style walkers. We have mekkatorque who hasn't been relevant since they redid the gnome starting area suddenly being on the frontline.
    Honestly, since they introduced Demon Hunters I have just assumed that they'll introduce anything if they think it will score them a few subs, regardless of what parts of the game it shits on.
    If Blizz think for a hot second that they will score new players or keep some vets by introducing a new tinker class, you'd better believe they will.
    What I am getting at, is any argument about it 'not fitting' or 'feeling off' is irrelevant, blizz can and will turd out another class whenever they think they can get away with it.
    I mean, I would roll a tinker so fast. I bet a few of you lot would too.

Tinker or Dark Ranger... Or both at the same time.
    Blizzard is setting both as the possible future new hero classes. Being both developed during BfA i believe there is a probability that both come out.

Also mechagnomes vs. Vulpera is also a high possibility.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Please, no more classes. They're struggling as it is.
    I'd love to know what you actually mean by this. Where are they struggling? Who is struggling? What are they struggling with? Is it a real issue or one that we players have created?
    Responses like this are worse than useless. It indicates you don't give a shit about the development of the game, and that you have chosen to be misinformed about its current state.
    Then you take this misinformation, and lack of shit giving and post your wee snarky comment as if it should actually mean anything.
    What I see when I read that is 'Well, I am an idiot and don't know or care what this discussion is about, but hey guys look at me for a sec'.
    That is all your comment boils down to, but I'd bet you thought your opinion meant something hey?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.
    Thanks for the new signature.

OT: Be interesting to see where they go with this.
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ill eat your shoe if they ain't at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Farasus View Post
    Thats actually pretty exciting and would fit in with the next expansion maybe being old god themed. You know because machines and robots are immune to old god corruption and whispers?
    mimiron cough cough, loken cough cough, ulduar cough cough

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Tinker or Dark Ranger... Or both at the same time.
    Blizzard is setting both as the possible future new hero classes. Being both developed during BfA i believe there is a probability that both come out.

Also mechagnomes vs. Vulpera is also a high possibility.
    So there is considerable evidence that they have been developing tinker as a class for a while. Walker quests, advances in vehicle use, variation in walker models. Other than Sylv being a main character, what have we seen regarding dark ranger? NOt having a dig, honestly curious. There has been a glut of tinker crap over the last few xpacs, but I can't see ANYTHING concrete that makes me think 'dark ranger'.
    Sylv being a main character means nothing. We never saw a Shadow Hunter class for Vol'Jin did we?
    This may come as a rude shock to some, but it is a better writing choice if named characters don't fit clearly into a single class description. Gives em more depth if we can't just say 'well she is a mage'. Named NPCs not having a clear identifiable 'class' is indicative of nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    I'd love to know what you actually mean by this. Where are they struggling? Who is struggling? What are they struggling with? Is it a real issue or one that we players have created?
    Responses like this are worse than useless. It indicates you don't give a shit about the development of the game, and that you have chosen to be misinformed about its current state.
    Then you take this misinformation, and lack of shit giving and post your wee snarky comment as if it should actually mean anything.
    What I see when I read that is 'Well, I am an idiot and don't know or care what this discussion is about, but hey guys look at me for a sec'.
    That is all your comment boils down to, but I'd bet you thought your opinion meant something hey?
    You're the first person I've seen that likes BFA class design. Congratulations!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    mimiron cough cough, loken cough cough, ulduar cough cough
    Except for like the curse of flesh and you know, damn near everything that happened in Ulduar.
    I am not liking the theme I am seeing, where because we now THINK tinkers are happening, it suddenly gives credit to every bizarre conspiracy theory people have about what might be next.
    Tinkers will happen whether you agree or not. Dark Rangers will not happen whether you agree or not.
    Give it more than 30 seconds thought. They will not introduce a class that requires them to gut two of the most consistently played classes in PvE and PVP. It just will not happen.
    The sole evidence for dark ranger is that Sylvanas is one/uses some.

Except for like the curse of flesh and you know, damn near everything that happened in Ulduar.
    I am not liking the theme I am seeing, where because we now THINK tinkers are happening, it suddenly gives credit to every bizarre conspiracy theory people have about what might be next.
    Tinkers will happen whether you agree or not. Dark Rangers will not happen whether you agree or not.
    Give it more than 30 seconds thought. They will not introduce a class that requires them to gut two of the most consistently played classes in PvE and PVP. It just will not happen.
    The sole evidence for dark ranger is that Sylvanas is one/uses some.
    i was referring to his, "how machines cant be corrupted by the old gods", eventhough the watchers and everything in ulduar is made from stone and iron and yet they were corrupted by yogg

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    You're the first person I've seen that likes BFA class design. Congratulations!
    Oh I am so glad you brought this up; Exactly what aspects of what classes are you concerned about? What classes have you played to endgame? How far have you progressed with each class?
    I am tired of seeing these sweeping comments about 'class design' in BfA, with no evidence or even opinion to back it up. Because some streamer asshole has said he thinks its crap so now we suddenly have to react as if it is.
    Every single time, without fail, that I see 'class design' being touted as an issue of BfA, it immediately indicates that you are a person whos opinion does not matter. Because youre opinion is not yours, it is you parroting some dick with a webcam who thinks the game he makes his living off is broken.
    Honestly, every day I see at least one post like this, some off the cuff shot about 'well the whole game is busted and only I and this one streamer realise it' and it just makes you, and WoW fans generally look like tools.
    10 year member and you are still in the mud slinging 'reee class design is broken but I don't know what that term would even mean in a game this size with this many areas of endgame and competetion'. Call me a cunt, but can you honestly tell me anything that might fix 'class design' or is it just something that is busted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i was reffering to his, "how machines cant be corrupted by the old gods", eventhough the watchers and everything in ulduar is made from stone and iron
    Yeah I miscommunicated that one, I meant to back up your initial point, it wasn't till now I realised you were probably being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    No more new classes.

They can't even get the existing ones into a good place, why in the hell should we add more?

In fact, I think they should REMOVE some specs, since they have shown themselves wholly incapable of keeping 30+ specs relevant.

That would be a painful process for some, of course, but a good move for the health of the game.

For some examples: merge arms and fury. Remove arcane, scatter their abilitys between ice and fire. Merge cat and bear again, in a way that makes sense. Remove a warlock spec, remove a rogue spec. Remove disc, make holy a current disc/holy hybrid.

Etc.

I don't expect this idea to be popular, but the wisest moves in MMO design are rarely popular. Pruning for example, EQ2 is a prime example of what you get without pruning, a bloated, grotesque mess. Did wow prune too much? maybe.

besides specs classes need to see pruning. I would be fine without the Wrathbaby DKs ( although at inception unholy was cool)

Monks? poof gone. we all saw the chinaman "Pandering" of panderia. ...

DH's??? WTF Illidian was the bad guy of TBC... bye asshats...

I'd gut alot of specs, bring baxk real talent trees to offset the "pruning"

5+ Year Old Account
    Send me all the aggro PM's you like folks. It FOR SURE makes me think I was off base about 'class design'. Clearly people who feel confident enough to blast me privately but not risk having their opinions read/reacted to by the general population are in the right hey?
    I mean you wouldn't just hide like a piece of shit in PMs if you thought your ideas were those of an idiot would you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pokey60609 View Post
    besides specs classes need to see pruning. I would be fine without the Wrathbaby DKs ( although at inception unholy was cool)

Monks? poof gone. we all saw the chinaman "Pandering" of panderia. ...

DH's??? WTF Illidian was the bad guy of TBC... bye asshats...

I'd gut alot of specs, bring baxk real talent trees to offset the "pruning"
    What? Read your post a half dozen times and I can't see beyond 'I don't really get what this thread is, and I barely understand what I am talking about, but here are my thoughts.'

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been at least one 'tinker' thread going on here at least for literally years. Usually the responses have been people RAGING that Tinker will never happen. I know for a fact I have been blasted several times for attempting to discuss the obvious efforts to introduce a tinker style vehicle system to the game over the last 4 expansions. Buuuut now that we know its a real possibility, suddenly all the vitriolic eye rolling reactions have chilled out and suddenly we have a dozen or so posters parroting stuff us tinker fans have been saying for years.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be goblins/gnomes exclusively at first I'd bet an arm.
    DH are elf exclusive, which rubbed some people the wrong way, because it makes sense for their class fantasy. Tinkers will be the same. When have you ever heard/thought of an Orc tinker?
    If it isn't gnome/gobbo exclusive I would be very surprised.
    Hence I limited the ideas. Gnome and Goblin would be first at hand.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    There are literally only two classes which Blizzard could implement as completely new ones, which wouldn't take away something major from already existing classes. And these are Tinkers and Bards.

And i think Tinkers are much more likely to happen. I would like it. I'm not hugely into this stuff myself, but it would be a nice class for gnomes, goblins, dark iron, bronzebeard dwarves, maybe humans and even orcs. These are the races which would fit Tinker in my opinion.

I hope we get tinker class at some point yes.

Modelwise, I do prefer actual real Mechagnomes (Mimiron - Wotlk style). Those enhanced Gnomes reminds me more of Appleseed / Deux Ex with the Steampunk victorian look / hairstyles. It's cool but to me it seems disconnected with WoW world and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    By that logic, shouldn't there also be a Blacksmith class, then?

You know, someone who creates armor and weapons as a living, but also uses them to fight.
    This is a great idea! We could call it... hmm... I don't know WARRIOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasus View Post
    Whats you guys opinion on this?
    I think the devs are struggling too much with the classes they have, without adding new ones.