Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Preordered the special edition on the next day of announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So they are gonna retcon some of the story to make more sense with WoW's story apparently... not sure I'm happy with that.
    There's supposedly a setting for you to switch from new to old as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So they are gonna retcon some of the story to make more sense with WoW's story apparently... not sure I'm happy with that.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    oh dear. given the mixed bag of writing quality we've been getting lately....that does NOT bode well :/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    after a fashion yes. Starcraft remaster got a whole bunch of extras if you owned an original. that's just Blizzard.

Skyrim remaster you got for free on PC if you had an original. same for Bioshock 1 and 2.
    Oh yeah I had vaguely remembered Skyrim Remaster was free for users. What about any true remasters? Reforged is looking to be completely new models so I think it should count as a remake.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Oh yeah I had vaguely remembered Skyrim Remaster was free for users. What about any true remasters? Reforged is looking to be completely new models so I think it should count as a remake.
    doesn't need to be completely free. starcraft set a precedent though. a bunch of extras or a discount for owners of the original wouldn't hurt them, but would generate a bit of good will. right now, I'm not seeing why I should buy the remaster when I already own the original. new cutscenes? I can watch those on youtube. new gameplay models? eh /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    In recent memory no, the only games I can think of that are more Remakes are the RE games (they're wonderful remakes too, can't way for RE2) and you definitely still payed for them no matter what.

On a side note... Skyrim SE is kind of a joke, you're still better off playing the original with community HD mods, more mod support, no "mod store" etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    doesn't need to be completely free. starcraft set a precedent though. a bunch of extras or a discount for owners of the original wouldn't hurt them, but would generate a bit of good will. right now, I'm not seeing why I should buy the remaster when I already own the original. new cutscenes? I can watch those on youtube. new gameplay models? eh /shrug
    TBF the SC update took a lot less work. They just cleaned it up and modernized the settings and integrated it with the new b.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    yeah? 30$ for a game that will give u hundred of hours, if not thousands.

or u want AAA 30 hours game for 60$?

i'd take wc3 remake even if it is 100$, its fucking worth, lots of content in it for free (custom maps)
    Then you're not a good judge of the average consumer and you should have some self-awareness. It's perfectly reasonable to be concerned that the price of this remaster of a 16 year old game might be unreasonably high. Just because you see things with a "money is no object" it doesn't mean that it justifies your opposition to people feeling the game is overpriced.

I think a more reasonable price would be £15-20, it's currently £25 (which is slightly more expensive than in US)
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Then you're not a good judge of the average consumer and you should have some self-awareness. It's perfectly reasonable to be concerned that the price of this remaster of a 16 year old game might be unreasonably high. Just because you see things with a "money is no object" it doesn't mean that it justifies your opposition to people feeling the game is overpriced.

I think a more reasonable price would be £15-20, it's currently £25 (which is slightly more expensive than in US)
    i judge a game by the hours it provides me to play it, 60$ game for 40hours? or 30$ game for hundred if not thousand of hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    In recent memory no, the only games I can think of that are more Remakes are the RE games (they're wonderful remakes too, can't way for RE2) and you definitely still payed for them no matter what.

On a side note... Skyrim SE is kind of a joke, you're still better off playing the original with community HD mods, more mod support, no "mod store" etc.

- - - Updated - - -

TBF the SC update took a lot less work. They just cleaned it up and modernized the settings and integrated it with the new b.net.
    warcraft 3 is already integrated with Bnet. so they are upgrading graphics and apparently retconning some lore. SC also got graphical improvements. pretty noticeable ones actually. I'm still not seeing why I should pay a full price when I already have an original. new cutscenes? I can watch them on youtube when they eventually show up there.

if you don't have the game - yes its absolutely worth it to buy the remaster. but I'm honestly not seeing what's the motivation to buy a remaster if you DO have original. if there were extra goodies involved especially for original owners? yeah, I can see that. discount even if its something nominal like 15% - yeah. otherwise... /shrug
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-11-04 at 07:35 PM.

i judge a game by the hours it provides me to play it, 60$ game for 40hours? or 30$ game for hundred if not thousand of hours?
    That's great, I judge a game on quality over quantity, if it was a new game it would be justified to cost more but it's a remaster, an elaborate remaster but a remaster all the same.

It has been confirmed that Reforged and "old" game owners can multiplayer together.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    That's great, I judge a game on quality over quantity, if it was a new game it would be justified to cost more but it's a remaster, an elaborate remaster but a remaster all the same.
    well logically, if you play a game for thousands of hours, its clearly u are enjoying every second of it, no one is going to poke his eyes for thousands of hours into a game he hates.

quality differs from one to another, some care about graphic quality, others gameplay quality, and so on.

well logically, if you play a game for thousands of hours, its clearly u are enjoying every second of it, no one is going to poke his eyes for thousands of hours into a game he hates.

quality differs from one to another, some care about graphic quality, others gameplay quality, and so on.
    Thousands of hours again goes back to my original post though, you can't judge the generic userbase on your own standards, not many people are going to put thousands of hours into a game, there are only 3 games in my entire life that have gone over 1000h numbers, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 and WoW. The replayability of a game is a subjective point, most people who played Warcraft 3 and considered it one of the greatest games might have only played through the campaign, and some of them might not have even completed it.

Warcraft 3 was a great game, but just because you feel it's so great that you could potentially put thousands of hours into it that doesn't mean other people will. Lets say someone puts 20 hours into a game, a 20 hour mediocre game could be passable entertainment but most people would prefer a 10 hour incredible game, even moreso if it is someone who already has limited time.

If I bought WC3 it would be purely to play through the campaign again, there reaches a point of pricing where I might as well just go replay the original if I want to do that.. You can't pin unrealistic standards on people to justify your point of view when you're criticising someone suggesting the game might cost too much, it costs more than one would expect for a remaster of an old game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it might be neat, but I'm done buying Blizzard products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'd play Tetris for thousands of hours therefore it should cost $2,500.
    If you say so, I think you didn't read my post though so you're about to feel a bit silly unless you really want to justify $2,500 on Tetris, in which case you need mental help.

Take a breath there, Sparky. I figured it would be obvious that it was sarcasm, but I guess not.
    Yes sport I'm aware it was sarcasm, I'm suggesting you posting that to me means you didn't read my posts because I'm literally trying to argue that point.

Worth it imo. I've been getting almost 20 years of enjoyment from WC3 for a couple bucks.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Which is why I'm replying with sarcasm mirroring that of the person you're replying to. To demonstrate the absurdity of their stance? Kinda the point of the sarcasm to begin with?

Anyhow, now I feel dirty for publicly agreeing with someone who couldn't see they were being agreed with. Ugh.
    I feel dirty for having to argue with someone who isn't aware that mindreading is not a thing and bodylanguage or vocal tone doesn't come across in text.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pokemaul will never look so good.
    this and x-hero siege!
    oh boy good old times

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That's pretty cool! Glad to see they're adding some nice, new touches.
    (inb4 "zomg SJW feminist agenda blizzard including girl characters!")
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-04 at 09:05 PM.