Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From the latest interview at Blizzcon:

- Devs will further explain Island Expedition rewards in a future post.

About damn time

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    From the latest interview at Blizzcon:

- Devs will further explain Island Expedition rewards in a future post.

About damn time
    Explaining may help a little but ultimately the Islands have far too much randomness for farming mounts etc. You could easily do 20+ islands and not see a single rare that could be connected to a mount.

Invincible for example - you know where it drops and you know that if you go to that raid you will have the mob you want to kill for the dropchance.

Islands are the very definition of random loot. Even getting a guaranteed item form the loot table (~400 mounts/pets/toys/transmog) each win would take absolutely ages. And it will only get worse as they add more and more islands, mobs and drops.

Any link for that interview?
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2018-11-05 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Explaining may help a little but ultimately the Islands have far too much randomness for farming mounts etc. You could easily do 20+ islands and not see a single rare that could be connected to a mount. Invincible for example - you know where it drops and you know that if you go to that raid you will have the mob you want to kill for the dropchance. Islands are the very definition of random loot. Even getting a guaranteed item form the loot table (~400 mounts/pets/toys/transmog) each win would take absolutely ages. And it will only get worse as they add more and more mobs and drops.
    This is the biggest problem. They should have put all rewards on the vendor. Regarding the ridiculous pricing (500 coins for a mount), people would still be running expeditions like crazy, but at least could stockpile their coins to buy things which they still miss after getting enough coins. It's really a no-brainer. Just like Argent Tournament.

Explaining may help a little but ultimately the Islands have far too much randomness for farming mounts etc. You could easily do 20+ islands and not see a single rare that could be connected to a mount.

Invincible for example - you know where it drops and you know that if you go to that raid you will have the mob you want to kill for the dropchance.

Islands are the very definition of random loot. Even getting a guaranteed item form the loot table (~400 mounts/pets/toys/transmog) each win would take absolutely ages. And it will only get worse as they add more and more islands, mobs and drops.

Any link for that interview?
    Unless there are still some significant thing we don't know, like for example the drop rate being 70% on PVP/Mythic islands, which no one normally does because they take ages and you never see invasions. Or like stacking drop chance the more mythic ones you do etc. (Not saying any of those is the case, just giving examples).

I don't know, I hope they flip this around somehow, because as it is now, island expeditions loot, especially mounts, is behind the worst RNG in the game. I think i'd rather have paragon cache mounts over that, or more 1/2000 world boss mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Unless there are still some significant thing we don't know, like for example the drop rate being 70% on PVP/Mythic islands, which no one normally does because they take ages and you never see invasions. Or like stacking drop chance the more mythic ones you do etc. (Not saying any of those is the case, just giving examples).

I don't know, I hope they flip this around somehow, because as it is now, island expeditions loot, especially mounts, is behind the worst RNG in the game. I think i'd rather have paragon cache mounts over that, or more 1/2000 world boss mounts.
    The problem is that at such low drop rates (such as the world boss mounts) repeatedly killing them doesn't really improve your odds much because it's going from a miniscule chance to a slightly less miniscule chance. In effect luck plays a bigger part than perserverance.

The cost of the vendor items is too high as well. If everything currently available was 100 dubloons you would be looking in the region of 40000 dubloons to get everything. But, they're adding more drops so that value will just keep increasing. Dubloons do not drop in a quantity sufficient to make farming 40000 reasonable (obviously you'll get a lot of drops in that time so it will be a lot less, but I know if I buy something I'm bound to get it as a drop shortly thereafter)

I saw a suggestion which I think is quite good is that rather than having everything on a vendor or vendors (eg Naga item vendor, Vyrkul item vendor) the items would be added after a target was met - something like killing 100 rares of a type unlocks the pets, 50 unlocks green transmog for example. that would need tweaked as some drop mobs don't appear in sufficient numbers for that many kills to work, but it does provide a target that can be aimed for rather than simple RNG on top of RNG (RNGception if you will)

I just want to say i have reached 1.600 attempts and still only got 1 mount (surf jelly).

I had about 1000 islands completed about 3 weeks ago and then started multiboxing 3 chars, so counting 3 attempts per island, but still, mounts seems to have ridicolous low chances.

I usually complete around 75~100 islands each week, if it's pirate week i complete even more (~150 islands the week).

This honestly sucks and also there is the fact that in 8.1 they will be adding more possible random invasions and more mounts from them. This farm is just not worse than world boss mount farm that took me about 5 years to get ALL of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It seems they're adding a Dubloon vendor, but ofc, with only a tiny subset of new cosmetics.... and 250 rep tokens for 100 coins each (lol?)

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288139/...smetic-vendors

It's so so so so so so hard for them to do the right thing.
    Well, I've gone and made a post on the WoW general forum on the topic of the new doubloon vendor: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769539248

Not that I expect much traction, but it's still worthwhile I think to register some kind of direct feedback about this. I feel like most of the feedback Blizzard's seen on this is casual responses from people who just read the headline "doubloon vendor for island expedition rewards being added in 8.1!" and assumed Blizzard was putting the launch loot table on the vendor like the suggestions had been asking for.

It really needs to be reiterated with them: the suggestion for a doubloon vendor was about bad luck protection for the LAUNCH loot table. People want to know that the effort they put in has a cap on how long bad luck can prevent a drop. The 8.1 doubloon vendor doesn't resolve that one bit for the launch loot table, which for most players is the main loot table they would care about (and of course Blizzard's own system emphasizes this - otherwise they wouldn't have created achievements around collecting launch loot table items).
    Last edited by Torvald; 2018-11-05 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/...ns-flying-in-n

There are plans for more random events in Island Expeditions. Also, mobs will be less scattered and more clumped together in the future.
    You have a higher chance of obtaining Island Expedition loot by playing on higher difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/...ns-flying-in-n

There are plans for more random events in Island Expeditions. Also, mobs will be less scattered and more clumped together in the future.
    You have a higher chance of obtaining Island Expedition loot by playing on higher difficulties.
    If only you didn't have to wait ages for anything of use to spawn on these higher difficulties... I really hope 8.1 will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If only you didn't have to wait ages for anything of use to spawn on these higher difficulties... I really hope 8.1 will fix it.
    It would be great if they stated how much higher the chances are. Still waiting for that post where they were supposed to clarify some more about how it works. If the chance isn't like 10 times higher on heroic, it's still probably not worth doing them over normals...

Also, all these clarifications should have been done on BfA launch. As they say, better late than never.

PW: So one of the little known things that I can spell for you here, is that on higher level difficulties, you do have a higher channce of obtaining loot from different creatures. Although, I don't show up to your house with the game and explain that to you, and it is a deficit of the system, the obsfucation of how difficult it is to tell what drops loot and how difficult it is to get the loot, especially with all those mounts and pets and transmogs, and all this awesome. It ended up being an experiment for us that did not really work out like we wanted it to. We're looking at ways to better target loot in the future and get what you want from the system.
    I mean.... duh.

I mean I'm happy they're at least thinking about this, but my god, talk about missing a layup.

Deleted
    What's about heightened chances of getting rewards from higher difficulties? Is this already on live servers? Because last week have been quite bad for me in terms of rewards, and I was only running normal expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    What's about heightened chances of getting rewards from higher difficulties? Is this already on live servers? Because last week have been quite bad for me in terms of rewards, and I was only running normal expeditions.
    It's hard to tell from the way they said it, but I assume they mean higher difficulties have had better chances at loot since release (or at least since they did the hotfix to increase loot chances a while back).

This week was also bad for me for loot on both normal and heroic. I think it's mostly because of what was native to the islands. I had a lot of islands where they were full of wolves (no loot) or kobolds (chance at 1 toy only). Hopefully next week will have a better mix of native creatures.

I did see my first twilight dragons invasion (on normal I think?), however I got no loot that run.

Deleted
    Doing IE 2018

LUL

Anyone can tell us the islands this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Anyone can tell us the islands this week?
    Frontpage updated with

Island Expeditions for the Week of November 13, 2018
    Old God invasions are added to the invasion possibilities this week! The Island Expeditions for the week are:

Rotting Mire with Jinyu
    Ungol Ruins with Hozen
    Whispering Reef with Murlocs

Frontpage updated with

Island Expeditions for the Week of November 13, 2018
    Old God invasions are added to the invasion possibilities this week! The Island Expeditions for the week are:

Rotting Mire with Jinyu
    Ungol Ruins with Hozen
    Whispering Reef with Murlocs
    Good, another terrible rotation for 7 days ....

Maybe the coldlight murloc pet will start drop this week, lets hope.

Based on this https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Islan...e_Menu_(2).jpg it seems we could have Mogu themed island.
    Anyone remember if we had it at some point already?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Based on this https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Islan...e_Menu_(2).jpg it seems we could have Mogu themed island.
    Anyone remember if we had it at some point already?
    There hasn't been one. In my opinion every single mob type should also show up as the main mob type on an island.