Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Alliance is its own worst enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D5HrororzY

holy flying teddy bears and deep ocean diving racoons.

Halford "great attack much success
    Shaw "we should have victory within a few weeks"
    Genn "horde has never been like this since barely two expansions ago! we should play whack a warchief again and be done with this!"

Anduin "Yes but at what cost?! Surely this sucks, its not like we spent multiple weeks planning this out all across Voldun, Nazmir and Zuldazar....oh we did?"
    Jaina "if we attack them while they mourn the king WE KILLED, and PLANNED for, we will be like my arch nemesis Lady Waifu!"

I mean i get it. the story must go on. neither faction will win. Sure, gotcha, understood.

But really why does mental retardation have to be inflicted upon some characters to make this float. it could have been a wonderful story, and yea sure there are loop holes. But this is like applying a turd to the side of a freshly waxed car, because eventually it will get dirty.

heck even saying. yea great success but it was a grand effort and we are spread thin. We need to keep pushing the upper hand. AND LEAVE IT AT THAT.

oh and almost forgot.
    "Auntie"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I can't help but shake my head at people who honestly believe that Anduin's death would instantly end the war, with Alliance surrendering unconditionally.

Every single time, he's too soft to actually do anything. The Horde burns thousands of defenseless civilians alive? Not evil enough. The Horde uses Blight, disregarding the lives of their own soldiers? Still not evil enough. The Alliance is running out of trained soldiers? No, we still can't sink to their level.

He's useless as a military leader, completely wasting his position as "the High King". At least when Velen was being a pacifist, he stayed in the background without influencing every other racial leader. And even he had a breaking point after which he joined the fight - including the part where he killed off some named NPCs who banked on him being merciful. Anduin? Maybe if Sylvanas burned Stormwind to the ground, raised Varian and Jaina as the Forsaken and had them laugh in his face, he'd finally realize it's time to get serious. Probably not, though, since I'm almost certain the story will bend over so he doesn't have to make any hard choices.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-11-09 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This is a price alliance pays for its safety net.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This is a price alliance pays for its safety net.
    You realize the "safety net" is actually protecting the Horde, right? If the likes of Shaw could actually do stuff and utilize the actual strengths of the Alliance without playing nice, this war would long be over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You realize the "safety net" is actually protecting the Horde, right? If the likes of Shaw could actually do stuff and utilize the actual strengths of the Alliance without playing nice, this war would long be over.
    Nope. Safety net is what makes alliance "win on all fronts" despite losing at teldrassil, having a very phyrric victory at UC and boiking as its leader.

Man I really hope the theory about Taelia kicking out Anduin and taking Stormwind to unleash the fury of the alliance toward the horde and Saurfang's faction get in the cross-fire kicks out by 8.2 but we know the alliance will kick horde ass and the war will go to pause mode while N'zoth and Azshara goes full Godzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    BUT THEN WE WILL JUST BE LIKE SYLVANAS!!!!

honestly i dont get it.

Grand 3d rendered cinematic from fox studios,
    "i thought we were fighting for peace, but we are just fighting..."

Has the enemy by the balls
    "No lets hold back because if we win now we become Forsaken"

Like how. what was the point of that movie then. Give Saurfang another chance to be without shoulderpads and anduin to use the word "honor" on tv again.

Instead of the horde getting a rebellion. Alliance needs one. Get genn to depose anduin, and shaw and wyrmbane keeping their jobs. (i want to say malfurion and tyrande too, but blizzard is flexing its night elf hatorade still so im scared to add them to this equation XD)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Man I really hope the theory about Taelia kicking out Anduin and taking Stormwind to unleash the fury of the alliance toward the horde and Saurfang's faction get in the cross-fire kicks out by 8.2 but we know the alliance will kick horde ass and the war will go to pause mode while N'zoth and Azshara goes full Godzilla
    one can hope. though given how things are going. we will probably end up hearing "honor" in a british but more manly accent comapred to anduin.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

No wonder Anduin says he can't stop Sylvanas. He's too busy crippling himself with keeping the 'moral high ground'.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-09 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    BUT THEN WE WILL JUST BE LIKE SYLVANAS!!!!

honestly i dont get it.

Grand 3d rendered cinematic from fox studios,
    "i thought we were fighting for peace, but we are just fighting..."

Has the enemy by the balls
    "No lets hold back because if we win now we become Forsaken"

Like how. what was the point of that movie then. Give Saurfang another chance to be without shoulderpads and anduin to use the word "honor" on tv again.

Instead of the horde getting a rebellion. Alliance needs one. Get genn to depose anduin, and shaw and wyrmbane keeping their jobs. (i want to say malfurion and tyrande too, but blizzard is flexing its night elf hatorade still so im scared to add them to this equation XD)

- - - Updated - - -

one can hope. though given how things are going. we will probably end up hearing "honor" in a british but more manly accent comapred to anduin.
    Anduin and man in the same sentence feels so weird....but yeah I still have hope with the new quest revealed about discovering who released Saurfang and we actually end up discovering who is, to be honest the current horde and the alliance are lucky in the previous expansions we take out the most brilliant guys around, do you imagine Illidan and Arthas in this faction war? They will have pulled a Roose Bolton/Tywin with these idiots
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Because shitty writing and not understanding lore or characters makes them act in a way they never would have been written. You begin warping dialogues to fit the narrative.

Compare Varian and how he had no interest in this "peace" in war. He was going to off Thrall and Sylvanas and would have offed Garrosh, had the people around him not been how they are. Yet ironically those same people, like Jaina, Vol'jin, and others, suffered because of their choices. The Alliance and Horde suffered because of it. Hindsight, I guess.

At least Varian's origins and his change to a more noble warrior is more compelling than this shitlord Anduin.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Anduin and man in the same sentence feels so weird....but yeah I still have hope with the new quest revealed about discovering who released Saurfang and we actually end up discovering who is, to be honest the current horde and the alliance are lucky in the previous expansions we take out the most brilliant guys around, do you imagine Illidan and Arthas in this faction war? They will have pulled a Roose Bolton/Tywin with these idiots
    oh when i meant manly i meant Taelia. I am willing to bet she has more balls than this goof.

we have a continent conquering warchief on the backfoot and this doofus thinks of "muh honor".

They should change the dialogue to have Jaina say that if they attack while they're mourning they risk leaving themselves too lightly defended or overextended
    Twas brillig

Blizz needs to pull an orgrim on Anduin. Have him killed and someone else with a spine take over.

I'm surprised people are expecting Game of Thrones levels of political intrigue and power machinations. To keep the two sided faction war the story needs to go to farcical lengths to stop either one side winning or worse, to have peace break out. So yeah, when looking at the story you kind of need to leave logic at the door, treat it more like a Saturday morning cartoon show.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realize that Anduin literally said that they shoul keep attacking right? Jaina's comment was not meant as a STOP ATTACKING GUISE, it was meant to be more of a warning. But hey, that just my interpretation.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

oh when i meant manly i meant Taelia. I am willing to bet she has more balls than this goof.

we have a continent conquering warchief on the backfoot and this doofus thinks of "muh honor".
    This and Saurfang are like those self righteous cunts, Anduin morality caused WoD and yet he doesn't seem phased for that, Saurfang enjoyed killing even young and untrained night elves with the same age as Zappy boy but the tree was too much and won't be surprised if he still warmonger around villages but instead of blight, he just do in the old fashion, meanwhile Anduin: They are just misunderstood people, man they even castrated Genn, really hope someone with balls do something with Anduin is dangerous and cancerous as Sylvanas at this point(they were ok when they didn't take the spotlight because the writers can't write something good or bad for any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I'm surprised people are expecting Game of Thrones levels of political intrigue and power machinations. To keep the two sided faction war the story needs to go to farcical lengths to stop either one side winning or worse, to have peace break out. So yeah, when looking at the story you kind of need to leave logic at the door, treat it more like a Saturday morning cartoon show.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    WoW’s storytelling is lopsided as hell. The in game stuff is definitely Saturday morning cartoon shit, but then you have the stuff like Warbringers, or Old Soldier that are clearly going for a dramatic GoT vibe. Whole thing’s a mess.

Unpopular opinion, but this is a good strategy...

Lost Honor makes it clear Stormwind doesn't have a lot of soldiers to commit to war and with Tyrande leading the night elves and Gilneans to Darkshore, they don't have enough men to maintain an occupation. Ethnic Cleansing is out of the question because the Alliance aren't "monsters like the Horde" and it would just prolong the war. Why? Because the Burning of Teldrassil did not extinguish the night elves desire to fight the Horde; thus ethnic cleansing would only drive the Zandalari to Sylvanas' Horde and lead them to believe that total annihilation is the only way to end the war instead of just laying down each others' arms in peace once they decide they don't want to be Sylvanas' disposable pawns. So diplomacy is Anduin's best play, which is to be expected since diplomacycraft is his strong suit.

The goal was to capture King Rastakahn and Princess Telanji, cripple the Golden Navy, and threaten the Zandalari to stay out of the war by holding the remnants of their royal family hostage. Does that strategy sound familiar? It was Sylvanas' strategy for Teldrassil, hold something invaluable hostage to the trolls, have Sylvanas do some vile shit to alienate the Zandalari, drive wedge between Zandalari and the Horde. Now Rastakahn dying is the equivalent of Malfurion dying, and they crippled the Golden Navy. It didn't go according to plan but still a massive blow to Zandalar morale. If they had captured Telanji, that would have been the final nail in the coffin, but they didn't. So Anduin's only choice is play defense and whittle away Zandalari lives until Zandalar cries uncle or if he can manage to turn Telanji and have him join Saurfang's rebellion. My guess is Anduin is going to have Telanji turn as his trump card since we know they won't cry uncle.

As to why they don't just go in hard like Genn suggested, let me emphasize the first paragraph again with bolded letters.
    Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 2018-11-09 at 04:14 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
    As to why they don't just go in hard like Genn suggested, let me emphasize the first paragraph again with bolded letters.
    Meanwhile, let me emphasize how all of this makes no sense. The Alliance complains about the lack of soldiers. Meanwhile, we don't hear a thing about it from the Horde, and at the same time, they're supposedly close to being defeated. Nathanos is busy ressurecting Dark Rangers at Darkshore, but there hasn't been a huge number of willing undead fighters employed everywhere, so it doesn't look like this is a very common tactic.

Logically, Horde should be running out of soldiers as well. Not only they have not been shown achieving major victories without any losses, but their starting numbers *should* have been lower. This was always a faction of survivors. Few boats of trolls and orcs. Tauren tribe nearly wiped out by centaurs. Decimated remains of high elves and Lordaeron undead.

It's the same stuff that was happening back at Siege of Orgrimmar, where Garrosh supposedly had enough loyal orcs to easily crush any rebellion and still be a major threat to the Alliance - even though the books had him employ Magnataurs (as in, outside forces) and still losing to Varian in Ashenvale. Logistics and troop counts in WoW have always been a joke, but this is just a blatant examples. Horde is outnumbered, except when it isn't, except when fraction of a faction is strong enough to challenge both, except when Alliance is the sole superpower, except when it isn't.

Baine is the one who should be whining about running out of warriors, not Anduin - or at very least, both of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D5HrororzY

holy flying teddy bears and deep ocean diving racoons.

Halford "great attack much success
    Shaw "we should have victory within a few weeks"
    Genn "horde has never been like this since barely two expansions ago! we should play whack a warchief again and be done with this!"

Anduin "Yes but at what cost?! Surely this sucks, its not like we spent multiple weeks planning this out all across Voldun, Nazmir and Zuldazar....oh we did?"
    Jaina "if we attack them while they mourn the king WE KILLED, and PLANNED for, we will be like my arch nemesis Lady Waifu!"

I mean i get it. the story must go on. neither faction will win. Sure, gotcha, understood.

But really why does mental retardation have to be inflicted upon some characters to make this float. it could have been a wonderful story, and yea sure there are loop holes. But this is like applying a turd to the side of a freshly waxed car, because eventually it will get dirty.

heck even saying. yea great success but it was a grand effort and we are spread thin. We need to keep pushing the upper hand. AND LEAVE IT AT THAT.

oh and almost forgot.
    "Auntie"
    Takes part down in a siege of Orgrimmar - stops the execution of Garrosh - he escapes in result - Garrosh opens the portal to the alternative universe - alternative universe Gul'dan starts the Legion's invasion in Azeroth and Alliance loses it's military leader (the same person,who spared Garrosh's life). But keeping Garrosh alive was worth it,right?