Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If blizz stay like that, i guess i'll move on to well, nothing
    U can consider i moved to be gym addict, does that count ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Let's remain civil D: I just wanted honest civil answers D: We can be friends.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW during awful Legion. In its place, I started hitting the gym hard AF.

I went from WoW to DotA2 and CSGO, never went back to WoW even tho i always think about buying an xpac to lvl like a filthy casual.

I started playing this game when I was 17 years old and had zero responsibilities. That was 14 years ago and now my life is significantly changed.

So I guess you could say that's how I moved on from WoW. I still love the game. I just simply can never devote the time to it I once did.

"Quit" WoW after we cleared tier heroic 11, played now and then in Cata and tiny bit in MoP then I was 100% sure to never play again. Missed it a lot, I really did. Missed the people so much I started again few months into WoD. Got bored after a while though because you know, WoD. Raiding hellfire was fun the first 8 months lol and the guild changed to Alliance. Then Legion came. Hooked.

Playing a lot less since I came back in WoD compared to pre Cata, but like we all know: You never really quit WoW. I remember I came on youtube just to play WotLK Dalaran, Ulduar + BT/Terokkar music to have some nostalgia.

WoW is great. I guess all the memories is why all of us love this game so much and keeps us playing it.

Just another thought about "moving on" from WoW. I frequently replay old games I enjoyed, WoW isn't any different. If returning to WoW every now and then to re-experience the game means I haven't moved on from it then I also haven't moved on from a lot of other games.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

5+ Year Old Account
    I "moved on" from WoW when Dragon Soul came out, and remained so until Legion. Now I've done it again, and having a blast on Path of Exile and Divinity: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    Your moving on is incredible. Continuing to follow the game, knowing the mechanics, spending time reading and posting about your hatred for the game on mmo-c. You need some closure.
    Thing is Wow is Life for me and other people who may of quit. Heart broken by the Azerite (grind ap to unlock your higher level gear) system and getting a fulltime job made me full up quit wow after almost a full 10 years of solid playing
    And we watch mmo-champ for blizzard news that doesn't have too bad of hostile adds (And this being the top of the newest posts on the main page)
    Still have a slim hope i see a blizzard news post that says 'We are not continuing Azerite armor perks or reworking azerite armor to have unlocks not tied to ap levels.'
    Then maybe ill come back to play grind some things for fun instead of mandatory Stuff.

I'm moved on to playing some FF14 free to play (up to level 35 in most jobs/classes)- Good crafting system is pretty nice

Also play some single player EU4 grand strategy and Hearthstone casually

EDIT: Also i might consider removing all ties to blizzard if they go full mobile mode. I cant support a company that is just all about the money and not about Quality games.
    Last edited by Belaera; 2018-11-09 at 05:10 AM.

Played swtor 6 years ago ...saw the writing on the wall before bfa and decided not to sub (bought it for the char boost) so now im just very casually playing swtor (swtor)

10+ Year Old Account
    I play lots of games. I don't play one game exclusively all the time so, surprise, I rarely feel the need to move on from it. Wow is always there. You can subscribe all the time or for just a month or two and dip in.

I loathe the idea that underlies a lot of commentary here that you either play WoW all the time or you don't play at all. At this point, most people probably only play a couple of months or so a year. And that's fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Wow has always been my fallback game (along with minecraft) during draughts*. I still know alot of people here so coming back tends to be not much of an issue, I did play some other games over the years though, I would have shifted focus to FFXIV, but the people I play with didn't go along sadly and trickled back to wow before me, same with other titles (read various asian crap games).

*WoW and MC are essentially my filler between proper single player RPG titles. These are the ones I actually play games for today.

Dumped WoW for ESO last year. I got tired of the AP and WQ system. For months i was logging in to do the exact same thing every day. I was of course blinded by addiction, but eventually i realized i was wasting my time with a game that was no longer entertaining. It felt like a chore more than a video game.

What ultimately closed the door on any possible WoW return was the addition of the emo elves, glitter draeneis, and potentially fox people. I haven't played wow for about a year now, but adding those races pretty much ensured that i don't do so ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    Well I would say I moved on from WoW being my main game, WoD was what did it and while Legion helped fix that, BFA kicked me back out.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    End of Cataclysm i "moved on" from WoW to League of Legends...for a couple years.

Nowadays i vomit if i play League again...and im currently playing WoW.
    LOL to LOL

- - - Updated - - -

If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    When im bored of WOW im playing D3 when im bored of d3 im playing wow when im bored of those 2 games im playin guitar i will never move on cause there is always something that will suck you in again

10+ Year Old Account

Playing RDR2. Plus I'm patiently waiting for Ashes of Creation

I buy bestseller games from Steam and Origin with 75% discount. I've bought 7 games for just around 10$. Haven't completed even one of them. Will buy some more, when Christmas sale will hit. This will be enough for me for months and years of playtime. And it isn't even overpriced 60$ for box and 15$ a month.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I replaced marijuana (WoW) with heroin (OSRS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was the start of the end for me.
    MoP didn't help.
    WoD killed my addiction completely.

I've tried to enjoy WoW like I did from Vanilla to WotLK, but its not the same.
    Blizzard has turned it into a AoE fest, Diablo clone with Raiding.

I haven't found any games that compare to old school WoW.
    So I don't play many games. Mainly just working more hours now.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

I've effectively moved on from WoW, vendored/fire saled everything, used my millions of gold on WoW Tokens to cap out on Battle.net balance [€250] with 10 Tokens [cap] sitting in bags and millions more gold still to be used for more.

Sticking to single player games now, like Red Dead Redemption 2, Dragon Quest 11 and Ni no Kuni 2.