Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Rivers of Alliance tears came to Blizzards’ doors when they saw Zandalari could be 10 classes including Paladin... too many classes looking at the Kul’tiras Human. Oh, and also the lack of mages for the Kul’tiras Humans... how could they dare... because, you know, there’s super-notoverpowered mage Jaina!! (who went abroad for her studies, but let’s forget that). So they felt, again, the pressure of the Alliance whinners and had to “equalize” the thing. From a lore point of view, which is the one they usually (hahaha) hold to for the race-class combos, what is the reason for the Zandalari not being able to be Warlocks? That lame one that they gave in that blue post. Why don’t they have any connection with fel magic? With the same logic, they could have that connection. Is it stated elsewhere? Do the race forbid it or is there any reason for which a Zandalari would be less Zandalari if any of them is a Warlock? No, there really isn’t. I’m really sorry for the people who wanted to play as a Zandalari Warlock, because there isn’t any reason for denying you that race-class combo except the Alliance cryings and the “but muh balance”.

Also, why do the Alliance allied race have AGAIN 5 racials and the Horde one only 4 when there was a 5th one datamined long ago? Ward of the Loa, where are you? Yeah, equalizing Blizzard. Or maybe they forgot to add it and they will do it tomorrow in a blue post?? 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Also, why do the Alliance allied race have AGAIN 5 racials and the Horde one only 4 when there was a 5th one datamined long ago? Ward of the Loa, where are you? Yeah, equalizing Blizzard. Or maybe they forgot to add it and they will do it tomorrow in a blue post?? 8D
    The Mag'har have 4 racials if you're a hunter or frost mage. The other 5 classes and 2 specs can't really use the 10% increased pet health racial. To respond to the rest of your post: when the Kul'tirans and Zandalari get added the Alliance have 88 race/class combos, and the Horde 87.

I don't subscribe to the whole "bias" thing, but stuff is getting lopsided in favor of the Alliance like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's irrelevant. They would've been in ToT and even more likely in BfA. They even said the Zandalari has NO connection to the fel whatsoever. Meaning the whole idea about demoniacs is dead, irrelevant, like your little cries for attention in this thread.

It's not happening. Be happy that you got paladins because they didn't even plan for those.
    There are Warlocks in the Isle of Thunder my man, and there's even a named Warlock in BfA.

Also why should people be obligated to feel happy for getting paladins? You seem to be assuming everyone loves paladins and wants to play paladins and that's been proven that isn't the case. Since the announcement that Zandalari can't be Warlocks the US forum thread regarding them has reached reply cap mostly with warlock players who were disappointed they were waiting for months to be able to race change to Zandalari and now can't. I think blizzard has made the thread private but I have gone before and screenshot tons of responses, I have hundreds of them saved. People are allowed to be angry either you want it or not and at this point you're just crying for attention yourself by coming to posts like this and just getting your daily dose of excitement from bothering people. Imagine hating the idea of people just being displeased and expressing their feelings so much that you have to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Honestly Blizzard seems to have no goddamn idea what they're doing with race/class combos at this point.

Lightforged Draenei can't be Monks, yet there's apparently a goddamn fight in Dazar'alor against a Lightforged Draenei Monk.

Honestly they're just throwing ideas at the wall at this point, and they aren't even waiting to see what sticks.
    They also trolled the playerbase back in WOD giving garrison followers of impossible for player combos, like pandaren death knight or draenei rogue. Then they trolled them again in Legion with Night elf paladin follower.

People were making requests for ages for specific class combos they saw in npcs or enemy bosses, like Blood Elf Druid (High Botanist Freywinn), Undead Paladin (Sir Zeliek), etc.

And while opposition always had an answer, like for example "botanists aren't druids", then why gilnean "harvest witches" suddenly are druids, eh? Or if "undeath and light doesn't pair together" what about the newest story of Calia being a lightforged undead? Everything can be overridden in lore, if Blizzard wants to. And it's extremely arbitrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    There are Warlocks in the Isle of Thunder my man, and there's even a named Warlock in BfA.

Also why should people be obligated to feel happy for getting paladins? You seem to be assuming everyone loves paladins and wants to play paladins and that's been proven that isn't the case. Since the announcement that Zandalari can't be Warlocks the US forum thread regarding them has reached reply cap mostly with warlock players who were disappointed they were waiting for months to be able to race change to Zandalari and now can't. I think blizzard has made the thread private but I have gone before and screenshot tons of responses, I have hundreds of them saved. People are allowed to be angry either you want it or not and at this point you're just crying for attention yourself by coming to posts like this and just getting your daily dose of excitement from bothering people. Imagine hating the idea of people just being displeased and expressing their feelings so much that you have to do this.
    No, they're no name NPCs with no relevancy to any major events, the SINGLE npc in BFA is a random filler they put in there to just make a quick quest line, it has no meaning. Fact is that you can't say Zandalari has ANY connection to the fel just based on outdated lore and filler characters that were put in there as a means to fill up an area.

They're irrelevant and the warlock for Zandalari ain't happening, you got your paladins that you wanted, that is more than enough.
    Why is it always the warlock community that bitches the most out of anyone in WoW, I still don't get it.

Rangari Draenei were a HUGE deal in WoD but did Drae or LFD get a rogue class? Nope. So if a big deal like that aint happening, then Zandalari Warlock is not gonna happen. You can reroll any of the other classes or continue RPing as a Zandalari on your original troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Zandalari have no history of warlocks. They had Demonaics, which would be closer to Demon Hunters, because they consumed fel energies to fight demons. No warlocks. Get rekt, praise the light we have Zandalari Paladins.
    How about you do a detailed research instead of being a moron? Demoniacs are warlocks who instead of using demons as minions, absorb them instead and use their power from inside. But by lore sources they are warlocks 100%. For god sake, Darkspear warlock knowledge originates from the Zandalari...
    Also, Darkspear trolls can be 10 classes, and no one is complaining, so why is it an issue with Zandalari.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, some people here who are against Zandalari getting warlocks, ...children without a clue about the actual lore. Trolls are dark by nature, all of em, ...demons aren't all about fel, that's a Burning Legion thing, where as originally demons are just beings of Twisting nether with whom anyone willing can make deals and contracts for personal power gain with the right knowledge.
    Many people are very passionate about races and classes they play, and the blue post which said Warlocks were a mistake...really destroyed my interest in the game. But some people just cannot comprehend passion and love towards something, unfortunately.

Personally, I think it's cool that Blizzard is stilp being malleable. Zandalari are definitely a weird outlier, in that you can sort of justify anything by saying "Oh, theres a Loa for that". I honestly don't think they fit the vibe of Warlocks, though (even Paladins are kind of pushing it, although they COULD be interesting if handled properly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    No, they're no name NPCs with no relevancy to any major events, the SINGLE npc in BFA is a random filler they put in there to just make a quick quest line, it has no meaning. Fact is that you can't say Zandalari has ANY connection to the fel just based on outdated lore and filler characters that were put in there as a means to fill up an area.

They're irrelevant and the warlock for Zandalari ain't happening, you got your paladins that you wanted, that is more than enough.
    Why is it always the warlock community that bitches the most out of anyone in WoW, I still don't get it.

Rangari Draenei were a HUGE deal in WoD but did Drae or LFD get a rogue class? Nope. So if a big deal like that aint happening, then Zandalari Warlock is not gonna happen. You can reroll any of the other classes or continue RPing as a Zandalari on your original troll.
    Maybe some people complain a lot but others don't have to be punished over it and generalized. I also think Draenei should be Rogues, Lightforged should be Monks and Rogues too why not. I literally have no knowledge of "Horde complaining too much" or "Warlock players complaining too much" because I rarely hit the forums so I know nothing of the things going on most of the time. I rarely ever have complains about anything in the game, this is literally the only thing that angered to this point after 8 years playing.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yeahhh I think they retconned Demoniacs.

I didn't see a single Zandalari Demoniac in Zandalar - there's only that member of the Council, Yazma, who drains Shadra's Soul to become more powerful. It's pratically the same ritual described for the Demoniacs, but it uses a Loa.

Alas, not a single Demoniac, much less a Warlock, in Zandalar.
    I love mmo champion for locks because it's always people telling us not to assert ourselves as a class.

But sure, Demoniacs no longer existing is a totally fine retcon, but the new lore that Zandalari have NOTHING TO DO WITH FEL must be respected at all costs /s

By the way, Zandalari can be Druidss and Paladins despite no connections to the Dream or Light, due to their loa this limitation has been removed. That lore is okay to be changed but Warlock lore can never be in any way to open up new gameplay possibilities. That's fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe some people complain a lot but others don't have to be punished over it and generalized. I also think Draenei should be Rogues, Lightforged should be Monks and Rogues too why not. I literally have no knowledge of "Horde complaining too much" or "Warlock players complaining too much" because I rarely hit the forums so I know nothing of the things going on most of the time. I rarely ever have complains about anything in the game, this is literally the only thing that angered to this point after 8 years playing.
    nah dude, you're not allowed to complain when your class gets shunted for the 11th time. Brought to you by the forum which constantly tells people to not whine about warlocks "seeming weak on PTR" (despite that being the point of PTR) and is then surprised when warlocks are weak at launch. Happens every time here.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    I love mmo champion for locks because it's always people telling us not to assert ourselves as a class.

But sure, Demoniacs no longer existing is a totally fine retcon, but the new lore that Zandalari have NOTHING TO DO WITH FEL must be respected at all costs /s

By the way, Zandalari can be Druidss and Paladins despite no connections to the Dream or Light, due to their loa this limitation has been removed. That lore is okay to be changed but Warlock lore can never be in any way to open up new gameplay possibilities. That's fair.
    1 - How do you know they don't have a connection to the Dream? Their religion is centered around beings that are pretty much confirmed Ancients, ffs.
    2 - You don't need a connection do the Light to use Holy Magic. You just need Faith and/or Willpower. It is evident that Zandalari society and Paladin (Prelates) order work very similar to the others in Azeroth.

Stormwind Human + Faith in the Holy Light of Creation = Use of the Holy Light as Priests and Paladins.
    Zandalari Troll + Faith in any of the Loa = Use of the Holy Light as Priests and Paladins.

The playable Zandalari Paladin learns and trains under the guidance of the same Horde Paladins that teach the Tauren and Blood Elves.

No lore was changed except for the retcon of the Demoniacs. I'm not even saying if it's ok or not to remove Fel magic from the Zandalari Empire, but it's what we got.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

nah dude, you're not allowed to complain when your class gets shunted for the 11th time. Brought to you by the forum which constantly tells people to not whine about warlocks "seeming weak on PTR" (despite that being the point of PTR) and is then surprised when warlocks are weak at launch. Happens every time here.
    Like that's the thing that has really hit me as of late... While there are mentions of every vanilla class having a Zandalari equivalent, most recent iterations of the Zandalari classes seem to have taken a new approach. Like, back in vanilla, Freethinkers (Paladins) were seen as heathens and now they seem to be a noble class among them, but their Lore, Druid Lore and so on is just as limited as Warlocks practically. Yet I have seen so much hatred towards the idea of Zandalari Warlocks I can't help but feeling super demotivated. Like, I started legitimately feeling like something was wrong with me for wanting this, that I should just shut up about it and take what is given to me instead. If I knew it'd be like this I don't know if I would have brought these matters to MMO-champion in the first place. I have been talking about these in the official Blizzard forums and people are way less aggressive about things.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    1 - How do you know they don't have a connection to the Dream? Their religion is centered around beings that are pretty much confirmed Ancients, ffs.
    2 - You don't need a connection do the Light to use Holy Magic. You just need Faith and/or Willpower. It is evident that Zandalari society and Paladin (Prelates) order work very similar to the others in Azeroth.

Stormwind Human + Faith in the Holy Light of Creation = Use of the Holy Light as Priests and Paladins.
    Zandalari Troll + Faith in any of the Loa = Use of the Holy Light as Priests and Paladins.

The playable Zandalari Paladin learns and trains under the guidance of the same Horde Paladins that teach the Tauren and Blood Elves.

No lore was changed except for the retcon of the Demoniacs. I'm not even saying if it's ok or not to remove Fel magic from the Zandalari Empire, but it's what we got.
    the lore change about Demoniacs no longer existing or mattering came about from the announcement that Zandalari Warlocks arent a thing. And the bait and switch on top of that make this absurdly dumb as a change. The evidence the lore changed is the very thing being questioned in this decision.

And they backtracked on "no kul tiran mages"

Deleted
    the lore change about Demoniacs no longer existing or mattering came about from the announcement that Zandalari Warlocks arent a thing. And the bait and switch on top of that make this absurdly dumb as a change. The evidence the lore changed is the very thing being questioned in this decision.

There's also a curious situation going on in which people justify the non existence of Zandalari Warlocks with "Demoniacs aren't actual Warlocks but Demon Hunters" until you can justify Warlocks not existing with "Demoniacs were retconned." then suddenly Demoniacs ARE warlocks.

The class race restrictions more often than not make very little sense in this game. Even the incredibly controversial combos have no real lore justification for not existing. Pretty much unless a particular race simply can't cast a certain kind of magic then there really isn't a reason why that race can't be a class, and even then its really easy to whip up a thin lore justification for it if they wanted to.

Its incredibly frustrating, but not something that's likely to change any time soon unless people make a big stink about it on the official forums.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-11-10 at 03:33 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

This makes me very sad. These trolls have such cool models.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchbishopBenedictus View Post
    This 'every race wants to learn to be monks' is so dumb. I remember the days when class/ race combos were based on lore...
    this, it's apparently not okay if one race is too many classes but one class can have every race no problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The class race restrictions more often than not make very little sense in this game. Even the incredibly controversial combos have no real lore justification for not existing. Pretty much unless a particular race simply can't cast a certain kind of magic then there really isn't a reason why that race can't be a class, and even then its really easy to whip up a thin lore justification for it if they wanted to.

Its incredibly frustrating, but not something that's likely to change any time soon unless people make a big stink about it on the official forums.
    been telling people to do that. Whining up a storm salvaged legion for this class (well for Aff)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559677

Please contribute. I am getting tired of Monks and Mages saying we need to be happy with 3 Allied races

- - - Updated - - -

There's also a curious situation going on in which people justify the non existence of Zandalari Warlocks with "Demoniacs aren't actual Warlocks but Demon Hunters" until you can justify Warlocks not existing with "Demoniacs were retconned." then suddenly Demoniacs ARE warlocks.
    yea that's what I am talking about. The existence of Zandalari using fel has been retconned by this very decision we are calling foul on.

Yeah and holy shit forums reacted as if alliance playerbase stole a class combo from the horde. Even though majority of playerbase both factions probably doesn't care if more class combos are added, only minority has some opinion for or against.

Personally I am for, more class combos for everyone. I don't get why warriors and hunters should be privileged and have every possible race available but some other classes can't enjoy many of the new races at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Kul Tiran mages are totally nobrainer, even Jaina aside, which could be written off as some special prodigy thing, we fight a ton of flamecasters in Tol Dagor who are as mage as it gets.

As for Zandalari Warlocks - I don't care really, although I think sky won't fall if Blizz caves and adds them, it's their mistake after all and they can always poop out some lore loophole to allow it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can truly go fuck themselves. I had planned out what I wanted to do with allied races, and removed all my double ups. Had 2 Pandaren, shaman and mage, mage became Nightborne. 2 Tauren, Hunter and Druid, so druid became Highmountain Tauren. 2 Trolls, Priest and Warrior, Warrior became Mag'har Orc. that left me with 3 Blood Elves; DH, Paladin and Warlock. so I based my choice for that on the information at the time, went with warlock and levelled my Paladin to 120.

the fact of the matter is that they had INCORRECT information not only on their website for months but also on the Blizzcon Panel. who the fuck is running the quality control over there? Blind Al from Deadpool? how the fuck can we trust ANYTHING that Blizzard say now without second guessing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    No reason a pandaren would teach them that.
    There's... there's Pandaren in the Horde @_@