Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I still log in to WoW a couple times a week, but what stopped me from feeling like I had to log on to keep up was stepping away from mythic raiding. I'm currently playing all the games I've missed out on in the past like 10 years (in between major WoW patches). I haven't "moved on" entirely, but the idea of spending every moment in Azeroth at the expense of other game experiences is not there any more at all and it's looking more and more likely that it's never coming back. I was able to read 90 or so books this year due to stepping away from the mythic raid grind. I just do alt runs with my guild and log on when I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    You successfully move on from WoW when your life is interesting enough and full enough to not need a stupid video game to fill the void.
    That's...... kinda extreme. Hope not many people feel like that. Anything can fill the void in your life, but it's better to not have a void at all. Means something really really wrong.

I personally didn't buy BfA and after everything I saw about the xpac, I sure as hell won't buy it. I'll get it for free when the next xpac arrives and since I will be subbed for classic, I will be able to play it then.

But nothing enticed me to buy BfA and it does kind of feel liberated in a sense that I now have my spare time to spend on other games than WoW. Until classic comes around of course, then game-time = WoW-time once more. Right now, I'm finally playing through Divinity: OS 1.

I didn't intend to not play WoW anymore. I always made a conscious choice to buy the next WoW xpac based on desire. Desire waned heavily the past few xpacs and hit rock-bottom while looking at BfA advertisement. It was then that I decided that I won't buy BfA unless something really cool comes along.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Theres way too many lore female waifus for me to keep safe i'll never quit WoW someone needs to give Jaina some loving and that's me
    Well, you just picked up the wrong guy, since we all know that Jaina is actually a dreadlord

Now, in all seriousness, I have given up on WoW since it's become neither a hack-and-slash nor a bona fide RPG. PoE and Grim Dawn do the former much better, as Pillars of Eternity and D:OS do the latter. There are some seriously amazing games out there, and it's sad to see how Blizzard is atm just coasting on past successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

>Moved on
    >Lurking on MMO-Champ

good joke

if you're into character progression try path of exile. great time to pick up since diablo 3 is pretty much dead

Deleted
    Chess.

Too classic for most folks i guess

When GW2 came out I guess I officially moved on to it, for about 2 years before I got dissatisfied with the direction it was heading in and moved on from that to.. mmo wise nothing.

But I came back in legion/bfa but for relatively short periods, a 5 year or so break (from first month of cata to last month of WOD) still counts i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    I think people who "Succesfully" moved on probably would not be reading this forum anymore.

Deleted
    Why would you leave WoW for another game instead of simply not playing WoW anymore?
    I just play games in general and WoW is something I play on- and off. Although I haven't played BfA since launch anymore and I don't think I will pick it up anymore.

It's like some of you actually have your life evolve around a single game or something.

I just login, do emissaries and log off (2 more reps to exalted), got 2 more months of playtime from tokens i bought in pre-patch; then i will move on. Currently looking for a game that is worth commiting.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I started playing WoW about a year before BC's release, and I've unsubscribed a handful of times. Never permanently. It's just that I occasionally start feeling burned out/bored after a while.

I unsubscribed for about the last 4-5 months of Cataclysm because I was bored out of my skull with Dragon Soul by that point. I came back about 2 months into MoP. Then I unsubscribed for about the last 5 months of MoP. Came back for WoD launch, played about 3 months, unsubscribed until the Legion pre-patch. I played actively in all of Legion until about the last 6 months, then picked the game back up for BfA.

I'm currently unsubscribed in BfA (game time ended about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't touched the game much over the last month), but that's mostly because work-related stuff and my schedule have made raiding with my guild near impossible right now, and there's not really much I want to do in WoW outside of raiding. I'll probably fire the game back up when that situation changes.

As for what I play when I'm not playing WoW, usually just various Steam games. I was addicted to Rust for a long time during that 6-month stretch while I was unsubscribed from WoW in Legion, but aside from that, I tend to bounce around between games a lot and don't have any one game that keeps me interested for longer than another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a lot of Destiny 2 and Overwatch lately. Waiting for Classic wow.

Playing Destiny 2.. amazingly fun game.... Also just bought a switch console few month ago and Zelda is soooo good... cant imagine playing wow anytime soon... i really want to because i love the new story driven part.. but the gameplay is just not good anymore.

It was real life, tabletop Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, and MechWarrior Online.

Last straw? I had neither time nor mental bandwidth for raiding, which was all retail WoW offered me. October 2015: my guild had been banging its head on Archimonde for weeks. Because I was raid leader and a guild leader, I'd been doing the dance between players who can't take it anymore and players who play WoW every day regardless. I called offseason hiatus, as we'd done for Cataclysm and Mists. Zero interest in alt runs, which we hadn't seen since Wrath, but I did manage to organize a Herald of the Titans group (actually two, because one of our guys left a i232 ring on the first kill). I've always wondered if my "Simplistic class design is a mistake" WoD beta thread got me blacklisted from the Legion beta, but at any rate I just didn't log in or come close to WoW for months.

At that point, projections for Legion's release were optimistic. Weeks before, I had begun weekly jam nights on drums with my buddy and his family members, which then turned into a monthly performance for a local church. In January of 2017 I started house-hunting, closed in March, moved in and started making the place my own. In June, I pulled together friends and coworkers into a Star Wars table. The tabletop gaming was a huge success. How was I going to fit all the cool things I was doing, and study, prep, play and leadership for the guild, in my life? Well, I didn't. Ten days after Legion dropped I quit cold turkey; heartfelt but concise message to guild leadership, and haven't looked back.

MechWarrior Online is just a sit-back-and-enjoy game. Play 30-45 minutes, shoot up some robots, call it a day. And I still do all the other cool things.
    Last edited by Celarent; 2018-11-12 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I think people who "Succesfully" moved on probably would not be reading this forum anymore.
    Yes very clever and original. It was said here already. Yet people are It's almost like I knew they would or something instead of just spewing nonsense, ya know? Thanks for your input or lack thereof
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    rdr 2 atm and dusting off my electric guitar.

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    First login: January 2007
    Last login: 30 of April 2015
    (5 characters)
    (~from signature) - due to introduction of new models.

I tried other MMOs, but somehow I didn't like anything. So, I'm playing only in singles right now. I never liked projects kind of "buy&kill", cheap "card/logic/motility" games and have squeamish atitude for browser/mobile ones. Not small "modern" entertainment layer is cut off in this way and it remains for me to keep track of new products in much narrower range of directions. As for MMOs, I decided to try not to get involved with them anymore (as for Classic, it will depend on friends' interest, and therefore completely on company's ability to keep promises, with which lately, as you know, they pleasing us very rarely; since we haven't yet seen finished product, I don't think it's good to be in a hurry with conclusions).
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I moved to an area with only shitty satellite internet, I can't play any fast-pasted online game/MMO anymore so no more WoW, ESO, or Warframe for me.

Currently, I'm about 68 hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey, with probably another 40 or so left before I 100% it. After that, I have the Complete Edition of The Witcher 3 to get through. Then either Spider-Man or if it comes out first, KH3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I left WoW for Warhammer Online, I left WoW for SWTOR, I left WoW for Rift, I left WoW for Wildstar. And look at me back playing WoW again

Deleted
    My subscription is valid until Christmas but im waiting for Classic to come. Now im playing Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Eurotruck Simulator 2(What a combo)